G.I. Joe: Retaliation Movie Review

JoeRhyno

It was a fun movie, with some funny moments, geeky moments, and some well done action scenes!! And you gotta admit, the whole weapons system screened MASS Device or Weather Dominator!! It was devastating and sensational at the same time, so Cobra!!! I loved it!!

Best part, more realistic!! No lasers, stupid ass suits, and weak ass characters!! Oh and it was a US team!! No international this or that!!! Seeing Roadblick on top of the vehicle shooting away on the machine gun, geek moment!!

It was a fun movie, with some funny moments, geeky moments, and some well done action scenes!! And you gotta admit, the whole weapons system screened MASS Device or Weather Dominator!! It was devastating and sensational at the same time, so Cobra!!! I loved it!!

Best part, more realistic!! No lasers, stupid ass suits, and weak ass characters!! Oh and it was a US team!! No international this or that!!! Seeing Roadblick on top of the vehicle shooting away on the machine gun, geek moment!!

I mean I didn't really have any problem with the GI Joe universe part of the movie........it was just the movie itself I have some issues with.

When I go into a movie like this I expect something on par with Avengers, Star Trek or Dark Knight. Sorry this is supposed to be a major blockbuster movie kicking off the summer season, and I don't think it's unreasonable to expect something more than some fancy explosions and gun fights. Especially when you have a all-star cast consisting of The Rock, Bruce Willis and Channing Tatum

But this wasn't intended to kick off th summer movie season, this year or last year. March is that time when the movie studios put out a movie that they hope will catch on. Right after the winter season and right before the Summer season (which used to start on Memorial Day weekend, but ever since Marvel character have been hitting the screen has become the first weekend on May).

I liked the movie. Saw it in IMAX on Thursday and again at the Drive In lastnight. Was it perfect, well no but no movie adapted from other material ever is. To me it got the "feel" right, was somewhat glad they didn't ignore ROC and hopefully well get a third movie that is even better.

Yeah, I never go into these expecting a perfect re-creation of the source material. For what it was, it was fun and had a better GI Joe vibe than the first

When I go into a movie like this I expect something on par with Avengers, Star Trek or Dark Knight. Sorry this is supposed to be a major blockbuster movie kicking off the summer season, and I don't think it's unreasonable to expect something more than some fancy explosions and gun fights. Especially when you have a all-star cast consisting of The Rock, Bruce Willis and Channing Tatum

considering this was originally supposed to come out in late June of last year, I seriously doubt it was intended to kick off the summer season. It's true intention was to be a 90 minute toy commercial :P

March is that time when the movie studios put out a movie that they hope will catch on. Right after the winter season and right before the Summer season (which used to start on Memorial Day weekend, but ever since Marvel character have been hitting the screen has become the first weekend on May).

Actually January thru April and September through November is the dead season when studios throw out their problem-riddled duds they have little hope for in order to bury them or burn them off. Sometimes... as appears to be happening with this flea-ridden dog... one of these long shots actually performs well against little competition away from the summer blockbusters and up against other bad movies.