UFC fighter will play Batroc the Leaper in Cap II

yojoebro82

Fine by me. This guy should get a figure.

He has one coming it was announced at Toyfair along witth Sonbird and Blizzard. I don't mind this casting the way Batroc is portrayed in the comics to have someone just jump around and kick you don't need an academy award winner actor. I'm more concerned about the inclusion of villains so far Crossbones, Winter Soldier and now Batroc the Leaper; not to mention the Falcon has been cast and Black Widow is set to appear so this movie is getting a bit crowded. Granted Captain America's character is more than established in the movies but still I'm worried this might turn into a jumbled mess of characters.

Oh thank God! For a minute I thought they'd go crazy and hire an actual actor. :rolleyes:

French sounding name? Check. Can you leap? Check. Willing to put on a costume? Check.

Sounds like Batroc the Leaper to me.

GSP is french canadian I think.... well he definitely speaks French.

He has one coming it was announced at Toyfair along witth Sonbird and Blizzard. I don't mind this casting the way Batroc is portrayed in the comics to have someone just jump around and kick you don't need an academy award winner actor. I'm more concerned about the inclusion of villains so far Crossbones, Winter Soldier and now Batroc the Leaper; not to mention the Falcon has been cast and Black Widow is set to appear so this movie is getting a bit crowded. Granted Captain America's character is more than established in the movies but still I'm worried this might turn into a jumbled mess of characters.

Thinking Spider-Man 3 aren't you?

Exactly!!!! I still can't get over how bad that movie was.

Exactly!!!! I still can't get over how bad that movie was.

That movie will always be a cautionary tale of what happens when producers go to the director and say, "We're going to sell more toys from this movie so you're going to have to cram in at least two more characters. And we don't care how but you're going to do it."

To me, this movie might just take the place of Batman and Robin. I know, that's a bold statment.