what characters not from the 80s line would you like to see come back?

Dragonrider1227

Link did have the fact that he was in the Navy going for him...but a combat veterinarian just sounds ridiculous. I have always leaned toward the more realistic side so as much as I have liked various designs, I prefer less science fiction and definitely not genetically mutated Cobras with Wolf or scorpion DNA infused into their cells. I thought they had some good stuff going on with Spy Troops and Valor Vs. Venom continued the adversarial aspect built into character stories but the whole genetic engineering premise kind of did a complete 180 from the direction they had been taking the line and was a turn off for me.

Faces, Blackout, Cross Hair, Scalpel, Venomous Maximus, Bombstrike, Major Barrage, Medi Viper, Croc Master v.2, Slash

Those are definitely some of my favourite figures from this era. The sculpting on Venomous Maximus (despite his utter silliness) is actually really good for that line and Scalpel was the only "new" Cobra I thought fit well into the ranks.

The Snake Eyes figure that came with Swamp Rat was kinda cool too except his hands were molded terribly and he couldn't really hold his weapons well.

I really disliked the whole V trooper concept of VvV and was all set to hate Venomous Maximus until I actually saw him in person. His sculpt was just too well done for me to dislike. I actually think the figure still holds up pretty well (if you can ignore his ridiculous backstory).