Anyone a lil concerned!

Lady Jaye

I have a much higher faith that Marvel can pull off a Guardians of the Galaxy movie, then I do about DC having a profitable Superman movie.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Guardians of the Galaxy will put the nail in the coffin for "comic book" movies. This comic book movie craze bubble is due to burst. I mean Hollywood is reaching making the GOTG movie. What other properties are left? Nothing left but remakes and reboots.

Yeaaaah. Just like Thor was going to be the nail in the coffin for comic book movies. Or Green Lantern. Or Captain America, or X-Men: First Class, or....any comic book movie that's come out in the last 5 years that didn't star Batman, according to the naysayers. There were even people predicting Avengers was going to be a bomb due to "superhero fatigue."

Amen to that.

I'm fine with the timing of GOTG and the fact that it's "not as classic" and the fact that it will apparently not tie in to Avengers. If the final product is good, so what? If it's not, other comic movies will certainly survive.

aaaaaand on the flip side, you got some calling it the best 3rd movie ever.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2013/04/30/review-iron-man-3-is-the-best-superhero-comic-book-part-3-ever/?partner=yahootix

I tell ya, hard to bet against these Marvel Studios movies.

aaaaaand on the flip side, you got some calling it the best 3rd movie ever.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2013/04/30/review-iron-man-3-is-the-best-superhero-comic-book-part-3-ever/?partner=yahootix

I tell ya, hard to bet against these Marvel Studios movies.

Clearly a review about someone who isnt into comics but just into these movies. It may be the best part 3 but there isn't much you need out there to get that done, lol.

Clearly a review about someone who isnt into comics but just into these movies. It may be the best part 3 but there isn't much you need out there to get that done, lol.

What? Are you trying to say Blade: Trinity, X-Men: The Last Stand, Spider Man 3, Superman 3, and a Schumacker Batman movie aren't stiff competition? @smilepunch@

What? Are you trying to say Blade: Trinity, X-Men: The Last Stand, Spider Man 3, Superman 3, and a Schumacker Batman movie aren't stiff competition? @smilepunch@

Lol. The problem hollywood still has after all these years is the believe that sequels have to be bigger. more fun more action more villains more characters while the real deal is in the story. They overproduce themself so much that in the end they cant handle all of the elements they have.

Lol. The problem hollywood still has after all these years is the believe that sequels have to be bigger. more fun more action more villains more characters while the real deal is in the story. They overproduce themself so much that in the end they cant handle all of the elements they have.

I would think that would be more a fault of the audience. We expect the next movie to be bigger than the last. I mean once we've seen the Hulk punch out a giant flying dragon-snake thing, Iron Man duking it out with a bald guy in a clunky gray suit ain't gonna cut it anymore.

I get that. Here is how i see they should do it. Iron man for example fought iron monger in the first one. Whiplash was interesting until he got his weird armor at the end. The drones werent needed at all. It should have been more personal about him and tony. Now how do we top that? Well put the hero in a place that is totally new for him. Enter mandarin and magic to it. Its fresh and new. That makes it interesting but if you put everybody in a suit and make a joke about iron mans top villains well then you loose and thats what all these third movies are. A joke of what was actually a great idea in the comics. Yes we ask a lot too for sequels but look at batman. They went from batman and robin to batman begins. They have to change the characters but how great was liam neeson? His character was taken seriously. They went on in part 2 with a total maniac then followed by a brute. Three characters who are so different from one another. That makes it awesome to me. Sure as a comic reader one will always find something to complain about. Green goblin in spiderman had a lame costume but the movie was great and i watched it 4-5 times in theater while spiderman3 was just about jokes and no love for the actual villains. I watched it once. There is the difference.

I will say this, if they pull this off, and it's at least successful as the Cap and Thor movies were, then we could see other obscure characters get the big screen treatment!!

And what I mean by obscure, obscure to the gen public, not us nerds!!

What's the chance of an Alpha Flight movie?? Who owns the rights to them?? Anyone?

I will say this, if they pull this off, and it's at least successful as the Cap and Thor movies were, then we could see other obscure characters get the big screen treatment!!

And what I mean by obscure, obscure to the gen public, not us nerds!!

What's the chance of an Alpha Flight movie?? Who owns the rights to them?? Anyone?

I want to see Marvel go all in on Alpha Flight, either a movie or comic. I know they killed them off at least once, but they're back now, right?

I like Canada.

Saw Iron Man 3...with what they did to the Mandarin, Id hope this was the beginning of the end...probably not...

also...just say no to kid sidekicks, the stupid Stark-loving news van guy, and giving extra business/one-liners to every background henchmen

and enjoy those extra iron man armors for the 2 minutes theyre onscreen...you saw it all in the trailer.

Saw Iron Man 3...with what they did to the Mandarin, Id hope this was the beginning of the end...probably not...

also...just say no to kid sidekicks, the stupid Stark-loving news van guy, and giving extra business/one-liners to every background henchmen

and enjoy those extra iron man armors for the 2 minutes theyre onscreen...you saw it all in the trailer.

Hey, take it easy on the spoilers. Some of us haven't made it to the theatre yet.

About every review ive read have touched on these minor points, and they're all non-plot specific/reveals. What has been spoiled?

here's a spoiler about the after credits scene:

the real joke behind having Bruce Banner play therapist to Tony is that it seemed to take the audience a delayed 20 seconds to realize/remember that this guy is supposed to be Bruce Banner...might have helped to have a successful Hulk movie starring this guy? Oh, right...we gave up on the character in that sense. We only need him in the Avengers cuz he's one that Mom's might recognize off the bat. Also, Mark Ruffalo isn't aging well, so that doesn't help either.

How about Squadron Supreme? If DC/Warners can't give us a Justice League, I'll settle for Marvel's version.

Dude I would love a Squadron Supreme movie!!! Marvel needs to get in it, and deliver this before DC's Justice League!! LOL

Oh and the perfect guy to play Hyperion would be the actor from Worlds Finest fan film!! He's big enough and has the look of Hyperion down!!

I would bet that Marvel would never do a classic Squadron Supreme movie because of the JL. Even if WB never does a JL. People would know that the SS is a bit of a JL knock-off and it would back fire. I could see them doing in more in line with the look and "vibe" of the Supreme Power series from a couple years ago.

Here's what everyone in the Marvel cinematic Universe should be a lil concerned about...

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/robert-downey-jr-and-%e2%80%98avengers%e2%80%99-cast-ready-to-rumble-with-marvel-over-sequel-money-and-strongarming-215344618.html

Greed will be the biggest, baddest villain any hero could ever face. Avengers dis-assemble! Or Avengers Re-Cast!

It's only a matter of time before Disney tries to slip us a Tony Stark impersonator...

Here's what everyone in the Marvel cinematic Universe should be a lil concerned about...

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/robert-downey-jr-and-%e2%80%98avengers%e2%80%99-cast-ready-to-rumble-with-marvel-over-sequel-money-and-strongarming-215344618.html

Greed will be the biggest, baddest villain any hero could ever face. Avengers dis-assemble! Or Avengers Re-Cast!

It's only a matter of time before Disney tries to slip us a Tony Stark impersonator...

They'll work this payment issue out. Too much riding on it.

As for Downey, the guy will have played Iron Man five times. That's a lot. I don't want him to go but wouldn't blame him if he decided it was time to walk away. He did good work for the franchise. It's gonna be tough to recast him but when they do...NO REBOOT PLEASE!!! Just pick up where you left off and movie forward.

• 1 month later...

so red is out allready. they should have done another one with the classic colors before leading to commander rogers.

colors? oh...yeah...but them ears look fab!

Wallace%20and%20Gromit%20official%20pic.jpg

i didn't even notived that. you ruined it, you ruined it. lol. maybe they should have put little wings around the ears.

• 4 weeks later...

That's a stunt double, but anyway while I don't like the helmet and prefer the Avengers uniform the Commander Rogers suit looks pretty cool, and since is that time again to judge a superhero movie based on pictures. Then I'll be a glass half full kind of guy and judge it by this.

3095788-tumblrmo23js42w61rfsnv3.jpg

3095787-tumblrmo26yy1yu91sq5jht.jpg