Star Wars: The Clone Wars Ends As Lucasfilm Animation Heads In New Direction

Bespin refugee

It sounds like they're going to wrap up what they've got in production & maybe a couple more so they can wrap up the dangling plot threads not covered by those currently finished/being made. Possibly they'll release the remaining storylines as direct-to-DVD/BD movies.

I would be more willing to bet on something that surrounds the events between ROTJ and Episode VII to get people excited for the new films, although this could be tricky given the amount of published material that covers this time period. I wouldn't be surprised if they threw all of the EU stuff out the window in favor of something like this though.

I have a feeling its not the end We will possibly see it again it said it was the season finale NOT the series finale

If it does end it should of end up leading into the old CN cartoon that came out between AOTC and ROTS

I would be more willing to bet on something that surrounds the events between ROTJ and Episode VII to get people excited for the new films, although this could be tricky given the amount of published material that covers this time period. I wouldn't be surprised if they threw all of the EU stuff out the window in favor of something like this though.

I'm tending to lean that way also, with all of the focus on the sequels, I could see another animated prelogue, to Ep 7, like Tartakovski's microseries. I had thought a "Tales of the Jedi" or "Rogue Squadron" series would be cool, this could knock out both, and maybe establish the new antagonist(s)?

I sure hope the 'extra' TCW eps don't end up in a 'Complete Series' set, I already have the first 3 seasons. @hmmm@

I sure hope the 'extra' TCW eps don't end up in a 'Complete Series' set, I already have the first 3 seasons. @hmmm@

They already know how to milk Star Wars for every dime it's worth...don't give them ideas! @lol@

the best news in this article was not mentioned here: STAR WARS DETOURS GETS SIDELINED!

I'm disappointed in that. I found most of the clips that they showed to be funny. I'm not sure what a full episode would have been like but I was looking forward to finding out.

I really liked the foreshadowing of Order 66, and the reasoning behind their ability to slaughter former commanders!!

I hate it. They have gone through five seasons specifically showing that clones aren't just flesh droids just to reveal that they really are. I guess it does explain why Stormtroopers are such bad shots, after Order 66 was given they became mindless zombies. Notice how he had to go right up to her to shoot. Even in RotS all of the Jedi that were killed were shot at point blank range and the one that wasn't (Obi-Wan) they missed.

that would make more sense

I just hope the new animated look resembles that fan made clip that shows a space battle from the Empire's perspective!! It's a beautifully drawn clip!! I tried to find it, but can't remember the name of the person who made it!! It's friggin awesome!!

I just hope the new animated look resembles that fan made clip that shows a space battle from the Empire's perspective!! It's a beautifully drawn clip!! I tried to find it, but can't remember the name of the person who made it!! It's friggin awesome!!

Found it ;)

While it looks cool, I fully expect the new series to look a lot like The Clone Wars; Dave Fioni & co. have probably been working on it since the sequels started up.

Ughhh, I hope not!! If we could get back to classically drawn animation, it would be awesome!! Enough with this stylized bs!!

Oh and thanks Bespin Refuge!! It's such a beautiful clip!! It harkens back to the days of realistic looking cartoons!! Plus, the space battles are even better than what was ever shown in the Prequels!! Kinda sad actually!!

too Japanime for me. All style, little substance...of course im sure the real deal will lack both style AND substance...sigh...

anyone see Otaking's Doctor Who? its anime,and I despise the partially clothed sidekick, but it fits the ass kicking Third Doctor in the action category...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt3qZYUPi2Y

JON PERTWEE IS THE BEST!

Seem to me like Disney buying SW has really thrown a monkey wrench in to most of Lucasfilms SW related products. Clone Wars ends prematurely and the two SW based video games have both been put on hold. Guess this is why we saw no new Clone Wars stuff at ToyFair last month.

Found it ;)

While it looks cool, I fully expect the new series to look a lot like The Clone Wars; Dave Fioni & co. have probably been working on it since the sequels started up.

OMG....That was fracking AWESOME!!

If it can't be like this I hope its close to Young Justice animation wise

too Japanime for me. All style, little substance...of course im sure the real deal will lack both style AND substance...sigh...

anyone see Otaking's Doctor Who? its anime,and I despise the partially clothed sidekick, but it fits the ass kicking Third Doctor in the action category...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt3qZYUPi2Y

JON PERTWEE IS THE BEST!

I seen it, as well as the Star Wars one Otaking did (it is the very same clip that Lady Jaye posted.). His anime style seen in the Sw improved a lot when compared to the Who clip, yet the art style kinds of bothers me for some reason. I think it is the art design and the way he animates humans.

You can tell the humans in the Sw clip shares similar character designs as the who clip despite looking more proportional.

Last I read, he is animating official Doctor who episodes that have been lost. The art style for those episodes are more realistic.

Last I read, he is animating official Doctor who episodes that have been lost. The art style for those episodes are more realistic.

Yeah, he worked on the "Reign of Terror." Wonder if he's doing any of the other "lost" serials that have been announced, like "Tenth Planet" and "The Ice Warriors."

Reign-of-Terror-animated.jpg