Peter David suffers a stroke

yojoebro82

I opened up my latest issue of X-Factor, which I read cover to cover monthly. In the blurb at the front of the book it said that PD suffered a stroke. I was pretty shocked.

more info here http://www.peterdavid.net/

I've been a fan ever since his Incredible Hulk days. I really enjoyed that run. Currently I get his X-Factor book and whenever I talk about Marvel, I'm usually quick to point out how much I enjoy that title. It really is as stand alone a book as you will find these days, especially considering that it's Marvel and even more so that its an X-book. But ever since the relaunch after the House of M stoyline I can tell you that you really don't need to pick up another Marvel title EVER to know what's going on in and to enjoy X-Factor. They (Marvel) really seem to just let PD tell his story, which is rare these days. That's one thing that I appreciate. Another is that he really seems to put everything he has into the book, he answers letters in the letter column (yep, they still exist, in X-Factor at least) and it's just been a solid run.

Judging from what I've read, he'll still be writing X-Factor as he recovers, which is great to hear. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

I'm really surprised to hear that too considering it happened back in December. For the amount of time I spend on this site and the fact that almost all of my friends are into comics, I would have thought I'd have heard about it by now. Here's hoping as well for a speedy recovery. From the sounds of it, things are going well for him.

• 2 months later...

I've been re-reading X-Factor from the start recently and it's crazy it started 9 years ago, what an amazing run! A shame that it's coming to an end! :(

What? As far as I've heard it's still going despite his medical issues. He just started answering letter column questions again with the most recent issue. Do you know something I don't? It would be a bummer to have no more X-Factor. I've already dropped Thunderbolts, Winter Soldier is coming to an end....that's 2/4 of my regular Marvel reads.

Yeah, it's been announced that X-Factor is coming to an end, nothing to do with his stroke, (he's actually writing another, as yet unannounced title) the final storyline is called, fittingly "The End of X-Factor." Gutted.

Damn. I guess that means the editorial blurb in one of the recent issues about David "sculpting the future of X-Factor" and that "he's got plans. Big plans" was all bogus. Bummer. This was the only X-book that was still readable to me. Of course, since it's Marvel, "The End of X-Factor" most likely means "The End of X-Factor until we reboot with a new #1 next month".

Well, they did just announce it at C2E2 on April 29. Bloody hell though, this sucks. One of the best series at Marvel. It does sound like it's ending under his own terms though, so I guess that's good. But damn, I'm gonna miss my monthly Madrox fix.