Un-official Joe-Con Custom Class

Alyosha

Raginspoon.com & BrokenArrowToys.com present the First Annual JoeCon Custom Jam!

This event will be held on Thursday April 4th between the hours of 9AM to 4PM in the JW Marriot Indianapolis (room TBA). This custom class & swap meet will be open to the public and admission is just $20. For those of you arriving later on Thursday and want to stop in, prices will be adjusted for you as you arrive.

For your admission price you will have the opportunity to participate in a custom building jam session where you can trade tips and tricks with other GI Joe customizers. Some materials will be provided (as donations come in) but it is a good idea to bring your favorite paints/brush/glue/hobby knife, and some parts to trade with everyone else attending.

Raginspoon.com will also provide an exclusive head casting that can only be gotten from him at this event. BrokenArrowToys.com will be putting on a simple casting and mold-making tutorial where you will be able to take away a couple of the parts made during the class. Materials for this demo were generously donated by Reynold's Advanced Materials in Dallas.

The event will also have a couple of tables for swapping so bring your trade-bait and grab that one item you can't live without!

Also, BrokenArrowToys.com and Raginspoon.com will have their inventories on hand if you need that special part to finish up your custom during the class. Seating will be available on a first come basis, and pre-payment of the class fee will assure you a place at the table.

Payments can be made using Paypal to Raginspoon@yahoo.com . Please contact RS via email to have your name added to the list before submitting payment. If you are interested in donating parts or supplies for this event, please contact RS at Raginspoon@yahoo.com. All who donate will receive a call out in any materials promoting this event, and at the event itself. Hey, free (mostly!) publicity!

thanks guys for doing this! I was disappointed that the club isn't offering one. I'll have to start looking through fodder to see what i can trade.

Card- Thank you! I hope that if the Club & Hasbro don't pull up the slack next year, that we'll be able to do this again. With more lead in time, of course.

Rev- Looking forward to it!

Just a heads up. As I understand it, there are about a dozen people signed up and paid already. If you are planning to attend (even for just part of the day) please contact Raginspoon@yahoo.com and ask him to add you to the list. We want to make sure no-one get's left out.

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, I just forgot to add it here. Apologies.

Our original location in the hotel was changed this morning due to issues with the GIJCC. The new location is:

The Convention Center across the street. We will be in room 144, which as I understand it is straight past Starbucks on the second floor across the skywalk bridge from the Hyatt. Here is a quick and dirty map:

ClassMap.jpg

The class was excellent, and at some point soon i'll have tons of pictures up from the event, for tonight i'll probably stick to reviewing the con set a couple of figures at a time first.