TOY FAIR 2013: Marvel

JoeRhyno

These all look awesome but here's my problem.

I have no room. I mean really.

What I've had to force myself to do is get ONE good version of a character and be done (I've made exceptions such as allowing for one comic version and one movie version and even then I'm pushing my space limits). So guy's like Iron Man, Thor, Cap, Wolverine, and a great many others, I have the Toy Biz versions which I'm completely happy with. Even though all this new Hasbro stuff looks great, I just can't go all in. So looking at all this stuff is bitter sweet.

Box it up and hope to one day buy a house with a giant man cave... That is my dream...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I've had to force myself to do is get ONE good version of a character and be done (I've made exceptions such as allowing for one comic version and one movie version and even then I'm pushing my space limits). So guy's like Iron Man, Thor, Cap, Wolverine, and a great many others, I have the Toy Biz versions which I'm completely happy with. Even though all this new Hasbro stuff looks great, I just can't go all in. So looking at all this stuff is bitter sweet.

Box it up and hope to one day buy a house with a giant man cave... That is my dream...

LOL. I already have a walk in closet that's a "Man Cave" for GI Joe. If I ever get a house, the superhero stuff that's in boxes right now can more than fill a man cave.

And one minor gripe: What's with the one open hand and one fist on almost everyone? How about one or the other? Or a hand gripped to hold something?

Just a thought.

I noticed that the promotional picture of the new Rogue has one fist and one open hand, but that the Rogue shown live at NYCC had two fists. I also noticed that on the new Iron Patriot just released, his fist vs. open hand is swapped from the Extremis Iron Man that came out before him. Looks like they just have stock hand molds and choose at random which are used for each figure release.

And one minor gripe: What's with the one open hand and one fist on almost everyone? How about one or the other? Or a hand gripped to hold something?

Just a thought.

I noticed that the promotional picture of the new Rogue has one fist and one open hand, but that the Rogue shown live at NYCC had two fists. I also noticed that on the new Iron Patriot just released, his fist vs. open hand is swapped from the Extremis Iron Man that came out before him. Looks like they just have stock hand molds and choose at random which are used for each figure release.

I wish they just included multiple swappable hands just like when they released the 2pack Iron Man/Maria Hill.

lol I have the same problem, I only have some Avengers and Xmen on a shelve the rest is all boxed up I just don't have space and believe me I pass on a lot of lines. I was discussing this with my wife this morning and she told me when we get a house we should get one with an attic or basement that I can turn into a man cave for all my figures. I can dream one day......

You guys sound exactly like me...I have a finished building in my back-yard, complete with hardwood floors, finished walls and ceilings, electricity, and everything. I mean, it's really like a miniature house. My father-in-law bought it and said I could keep all of my stuff in it until we moved, so I just finished it out and turned it into an office/man-cave. The sad part is I'll have to leave it behind of course when we move, but for now it's a great place to stash my stuff.

I have a couple of little box shelves with some of my Marvel figures displayed. The rest are still MOC and boxed away. I too hope to have a house big enough someday to allow for a toy room. As a matter of fact, if my wife and I stay on budget, we may be in the market for a house as early as next summer. I'll keep you guys posted and show you my collections finally after being a member of these boards for almost thirteen years. (lol)

I realized that Emma Frost would make a good Scarlet Witch custom. Does this mean that a Scarlet Witch figure from Hasbro is in the works? Also, I wonder when Hasbro will make a Black Cat fig. it appears that the Black Widow torso is tended more for BC than her.

I realized that Emma Frost would make a good Scarlet Witch custom. Does this mean that a Scarlet Witch figure from Hasbro is in the works? Also, I wonder when Hasbro will make a Black Cat fig. it appears that the Black Widow torso is tended more for BC than her.

I can see hasbro doing a Scarlet Witch with a Polaris running change calling them Magneto's daughters or sisters with the same headdress or some other lame name like the ones Hasbro uses lately for the running changes. Black Cat with the Black Widow mold is a no brainer or maybe they're waiting to release it in the new Moonstone body.

Thats not going to happen, they're going to continue to use the elektra body even when the moonstone body comes out. Plus the moonstone body is going to be to curvy for certain characters anyway.

Plus the moonstone body is going to be to curvy for certain characters anyway.

I have not seen the mock up that people are talking about but I find this hard to believe. No female superhero can be rendered "too curvy"!

_DSC6817_1342308488.jpg

Boy is she curvy.

Ah, I'm a Thunderbolts fan--or WAS until the team became a mash up of "edgy" fan favorites who really have no reason to be on a team together--so I will probably pick up Moonstone. Let's get some more T-Bolts!

I agree, A modern Zemo needs to be a priority!

Ah, I'm a Thunderbolts fan--or WAS until the team became a mash up of "edgy" fan favorites who really have no reason to be on a team together--so I will probably pick up Moonstone. Let's get some more T-Bolts!

Right on, the new T-Bolts team is exactly how you described them @loll@

I was happy to see that mock-up of Moonstone too, she looks great...curves and all. I was hoping for a Satana too, but I'm not so sure that would happen. Yet, if Blizzard, Batroc and Songbird(Sogbird?? @hmmm@) are 'teasers', there may just be some hope.

So the Red She-Hulk body isn't this new body?

Nope, She-Hulks are a bigger body.

Both are new bodies the Red She Hulk is a new body for bigger females I believe Thundra and Valkyrie were mentioned as possible uses, this upcoming Moonstone body is supposed to be like a more curvy bodytype I believe Ms. Marvel was mentioned as a possible use. So all in all we got 4 new bodysculpts: the Bucky Cap and the Hyperion bodysculpts and the Red She Hulk and Moonstone well 5 if we count the Terrax BAF last year since once you remove the overall parts it can be reused. Not to mention the existing ones that Hasbro is looking to improve.

LOL. I already have a walk in closet that's a "Man Cave" for GI Joe. If I ever get a house, the superhero stuff that's in boxes right now can more than fill a man cave.

I know what you mean...I have enough stuff for a couple of "man-caves"!

Both are new bodies the Red She Hulk is a new body for bigger females I believe Thundra and Valkyrie were mentioned as possible uses, this upcoming Moonstone body is supposed to be like a more curvy bodytype I believe Ms. Marvel was mentioned as a possible use. So all in all we got 4 new bodysculpts: the Bucky Cap and the Hyperion bodysculpts and the Red She Hulk and Moonstone well 5 if we count the Terrax BAF last year since once you remove the overall parts it can be reused. Not to mention the existing ones that Hasbro is looking to improve.

She-Hulk body:

Thundra

Valkyrie

Titania

Enchantress?

Moonstone body:

Dark Ms. Marvel (Moonstone variant)

Ms. Marvel/Warbird

Captain Marvel/Photon/Pulsar

Sersi

Polaris

Magma

Meggan

Spider-woman (Jessica Drew)

Arachne (Julia Carpenter)

Elektra body:

Siryn

Black Cat

Boom Boom

Crystal

Medusa

Karma (Moonstar body with new head?)

Invisible Woman (Future Foundation costume)

So we have overall:

Male SHIELD body (average muscle male)

Banshee/Quicksilver body (lean/slender male)

Bucky Cap body (lean muscle male)

Hyperion/Sentry body (bigger muscle male)

Warpath/Piledriver/Thunderball body (towering muscle male)

Elektra/Female SHIELD body (lean female)

Moonstone body (curvy female)

She-Hulk body (towering/muscular female)

That's not counting part swaps and sculpt-specific bodies like modern Thor, etc).

What we need is a slender younger girl body to get characters like a redone X-23 or new Jubilee.