TOY FAIR 2013: Marvel

JoeRhyno

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I like about the new Hasbro line is the reuse/partial mods of heads for the same character. First we seen it used for Steve Rogers/Ult Captain America, now we see it being used for the three Jean Grey figures. It is a good way to keep consistency.

It's a shame to see them going all Mattel with their 4-inch movie lines, but I'm intrigued by that line with Red Skull and Leader in it. They look to be Marvel Universe scale with full articulation...I think Red Skull uses parts from the Resolute Cobra Commander. Black Widow and Hulk look really good too, and I think that's the Marvel Now Captain America design in there too?

The Red Skull is just the Captain America First Avengers Skull with a new head and longer coat.

The more I look at modern Rogue, the more I see a resemblance to the SDCC Psylocke. I think they both share the same head.

Rogue is a new head.

They both look very similar. The differences I can make out is Rogue's sculpted eyebrow and rounded nose. I guess it is the same sculptor.

While I think the Psylocke mind switch concept is stupid (I wish Psylocke gets her original body permanently), it is nice that the sculptor made the HML ver. Asian.

Not until SDCC since Thor doesn't come out until November.

It's a shame to see them going all Mattel with their 4-inch movie lines, but I'm intrigued by that line with Red Skull and Leader in it. They look to be Marvel Universe scale with full articulation...I think Red Skull uses parts from the Resolute Cobra Commander. Black Widow and Hulk look really good too, and I think that's the Marvel Now Captain America design in there too?

The Red Skull is just the Captain America First Avengers Skull with a new head and longer coat.

yeap beat me too it. That black widow is a reuse of the Iron man 2, it really looks like this going to be a reuse heavy line, but at least it has decent to great articulation.

Very disappointed in the 3 3/4 offerings this year. That wolverine line's shadow ninja could have been an amazing repaint of the Retaliation Red Ninja, but sadly the remolded with out the articulation! I'm suprised that individual part molds are so high new ones with fewer parts are cost effective.

Is that black and white Iron-man just a repaint of that universe Iron man that came out a year or two go with shockingly tiny head? (sorry I can't remember the name.)

The face sculpt on that Sabretooth looks just like Simone Biacche work from the "Evolution" storyline. Thanks for the pics. This is going to be a busy year based on what I've seen so far.

You are welcome, I know what you mean I'm pretty happy with my MS Sabretooth but that facesculpt alone makes me wanna get him.

The face sculpt on that Sabretooth looks just like Simone Biacche work from the "Evolution" storyline. Thanks for the pics. This is going to be a busy year based on what I've seen so far.

You are welcome, I know what you mean I'm pretty happy with my MS Sabretooth but that facesculpt alone makes me wanna get him.

If the had put a shaggy mane on him, he could of been the perfect Sabretooth for me. The Puck figure looks nice, now we just need Snowbird, Aurora, Northstar, and Shaman to have the original Alpha Flight. SDCC Box Set, Anyone?

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the figure if it only had the mane..... as for the rest of Alpha Flight from your mouth to God and Hasbro's ears I would love to complete Alpha Flight.

In a perfect world, we would have our Alpha Flight, but I bet they do a Phoenix Five set (seeing how we already have Cyclops on the way, and a simple redeco on Emma). That would give Hasbro a chance to update Colossus, Namor, and Magik would probably be the exclusive non rerelease a la Psylocke.

These all look awesome but here's my problem.

I have no room. I mean really.

What I've had to force myself to do is get ONE good version of a character and be done (I've made exceptions such as allowing for one comic version and one movie version and even then I'm pushing my space limits). So guy's like Iron Man, Thor, Cap, Wolverine, and a great many others, I have the Toy Biz versions which I'm completely happy with. Even though all this new Hasbro stuff looks great, I just can't go all in. So looking at all this stuff is bitter sweet.