TOY FAIR 2013: GI Joe

JoeRhyno

I am with you clam. Part of me wishes it was a different color. Or maybe two release. One vintage and one a repaint. I have always dreamed of a gree Tomohawk and a green Mauler too. Man I want that last one redone asap Hasbro!

Draven

Isn't the problem with bringing out the Mauler is that part of the original mold is broken?

Yes but so was the Tomohawk mold, so they can still do it.

Draven

I am with you clam. Part of me wishes it was a different color. Or maybe two release. One vintage and one a repaint. I have always dreamed of a gree Tomohawk and a green Mauler too. Man I want that last one redone asap Hasbro!

Draven

Isn't the problem with bringing out the Mauler is that part of the original mold is broken?

Yes but so was the Tomohawk mold, so they can still do it.

Draven

I didn't know they had a problem with the Tomahawk as well.

I'm not gonna take the chance on wave 3, I'm just going to preorder it from a site that I know won't mark it up (ie: not BBTS) and just pay the shipping. That wave is too full up with figures I want. There may be one or two I don't care about, but I'll ebay them. I barely bought anything in 2012, so I can justify it.

What site is that?

kokomo toys?

I seem to recall their pre-orders being fair, and I know a lot of Joe folks use them because of What's On Joe Mind podcast.

Amazing product, and good coverage Jay! I was drooling as soon as various sites started putting images on twitter.

budo is probably the biggest suprise in my mind I'm worried his articulation will be hurt, but i'm still very interested in the figure. Might grab one to set set up as statue, then take the real head underneath and plug it onto a more modern looking take.

I'm also really glad to see so much activity on TNI/ADC again.

The Eaglehawk makes me so happy. I remember getting the original Tomahawk for Christmas as a kid and this looks even better than the original! I haven't had much luck finding new Retaliation figures yet but I can't wait for a lot of the figs coming out (Ultimate CC, Kwinn, Ultimate Storm Shadow looks incredible)!

I just noticed that the Kreo Ripper comes with a can of grape soda. Hopefully the next Dreadnok comes with chocolate donuts.

Okay, I hadn't looked at the Kre-O stuff yet. That's awesome! Just like Quick Kick coming with a Fudgie bar.

I just noticed that the Kreo Ripper comes with a can of grape soda. Hopefully the next Dreadnok comes with chocolate donuts.

Okay, I hadn't looked at the Kre-O stuff yet. That's awesome! Just like Quick Kick coming with a Fudgie bar.

Yep! I don't know if you can call them Easter eggs since we don't have to search them out, but those are nice little nods to Joe lore.

That's the first I've heard of it. I think it's safe to say that they'll have to wait to see how the movie does. But I can see them not really doing much with Joe seeing how it's been treated these last couple of years.

LOl I just heard this a a Hiss Tank rumor

I was expecting more from the Tomohawk. It looks a little Tonka-ish. Especially when compared to the original. It looks much smaller too. I really wanted to like it, but was hit hard with disappointment. Maybe it's because I never had an original and I thought this would be my chance. Who knows, I might change my mind when I see more of it in better detail.

I was expecting more from the Tomohawk. It looks a little Tonka-ish. Especially when compared to the original. It looks much smaller too. I really wanted to like it, but was hit hard with disappointment. Maybe it's because I never had an original and I thought this would be my chance. Who knows, I might change my mind when I see more of it in better detail.

huh? I am missing something then.. because it looks the same to me. I'll have to look at some old pics for comparison

huh? I am missing something then.. because it looks the same to me. I'll have to look at some old pics for comparison

the only difference I can see is the cockpit and insides have been changed. I don't know if they mixed up the proto here or what, but the chairs are in front of the guns now.. and of course they are difference chairs

Don't know for sure now. The more I compare it to the old one, the more the differences seem smaller. I would really like to see it side by side with the original. I probably will end up buying one now. Argh. Now , how am I going to convince my wife that I need yet another large Joe vehicle?

I think it's probably the exact same mold. I don't think they remade it from scratch, like the new Skystriker (which looks nothing like the original)

well, we will know for certain when it comes out and people post comparison shots

That's the first I've heard of it. I think it's safe to say that they'll have to wait to see how the movie does. But I can see them not really doing much with Joe seeing how it's been treated these last couple of years.

LOl I just heard this a a Hiss Tank rumor

There were some Joe staff let go, a couple of designers were interviewed on What's on Joe mind months ago. It was at the same time Hasbro cut a lot of people including the lead for Marvel Universe. But Marvel Universe and the other lines are still going, i don't see that really being a good indication that Joe is going away.

I would say it is up in the air depending on the success of the movie, but I doubt a decision is already final.