just got Hyperion and Betty shehulk

gruntcast

So the "cheap plastic" refers to how it is a softer almost diluted plastic when compared to ml before 2012. This makes the joints less fluid and easier warped. It gets pretty hot in Cali and I can notice how my old Sentry compared to the 2012 Steve Rogers differ in fluid joints and how they the new stuff is less resistant to heat. The new figs sculpt is great and I don't blame Hasbro for finding a cheaper alternative, they still are great figs and times are tough.

But those of you who have the old toy biz Punisher (or even the nemises wave punisher) and the new Hasbro Punisher can compare the feel and how easy one fig can move its joints and how one feels more solid. Especially in the leg joints the new figs feel rough to move and can be warped a bit in package.

I personally I'm not likeing the running change, they are off releasing a new wave when I still not seen blade not even on eBay. Plus back in the old days my area was great for ML but now I don't see anything but wave 1 2012 stuff. I get most of my ml guys online now

yep.... and I can see how the plastic on him looks cheap in that pic. Hyperion looks almost a little translucent and gummy

I haven't really seen pics like that, but I hope that he doesn't look as bad as people say.

Its not that bad to me but it could use a paint wash, and mostly its the deluded plastic they use, its noticeable mostly on the legs of the new figs. My red she hulk seems to be the exemption maybe because the limps afe thinner and use less plastic. Still im not ready hard to please so they are great figs to me.

I haven't had the chance to test it out myself.. but I have heard alot of people complaining about the new cheaper plastic on the movie GiJoes too.

apparently it is alot softer than the plastic that Hasbro normally uses and quite rubbery

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up all 6 figures today. Hyperion, Protector, Red She-Hulk, Archangel, Ultimate Cap and Wolverine. I'm very happy with all the figures, but of the bunch I would say that Hyperion is at the bottom. I'm not going to sit and say "cheap plastic" or "bad paint job", but I am unhappy with his cape attachments. Doesn't matter how I angle it, the "buttons" will not stay down and makes him look funny. That's the main complaint I have with him.

It is a good thing for the line (at least at a major retail level) that they are producing really well made Wolverine and Cap figures. I like these ones a lot and if they continue making them this good, then that will keep places like Walmart and TRU ordering them.

The Archangel is a probably one of the best action figures I've ever bought. Love the detail, love the paint job and sculpt, love the wings!

Still trying to figure out who or what Hit Monkey is supposed to be though.

I saw the wave at a LCS and was very tempted to get Archangel. I have the Toy Biz one but I'm not a fan of the big hunk of plastic that his wings are attached to. However, I had to pass on thin one since they were all marked up to $23. If I see him for $15 at retail I'll probably get him, otherwise I'll live with what I got.

I saw the wave at a LCS and was very tempted to get Archangel. I have the Toy Biz one but I'm not a fan of the big hunk of plastic that his wings are attached to. However, I had to pass on thin one since they were all marked up to $23. If I see him for $15 at retail I'll probably get him, otherwise I'll live with what I got.

Check Disney stores that is where most people that have reported finding have purchased them from, otherwise if you really want it get it at that price it's only gonna get pricier and difficult to find it since it's the one collectors want the most. Customizers alone want several because of the potential of the bodysculpt, the figure is already going for $44 in secondary markets.

For those that have the X-Force Wolverine from this wave, can you take his claws out?

From what I have seen, yes.

I really want the regular Archangel to replace my old Toybiz one.. this one looks so much better to me, something I don't often say when comparing Hasbro to Toybiz.

I'll probably get Protector and Hyperion too.. just because they are new characters to have figures of

but I haven't even seen wave 3 anywhere

Just came from another LCS where they had their Archangel brazenly priced at $50 with a little note on the price tag reading "last one". It's great when they don't even try to hide the fact that you're being gouged.

Like I say, I don't need to replace him enought to pay more than $15.

Yeah, that's way too much. He's definitely the best one from the wave though.

Belmont, are you speaking from experience about the Wolverine? I have it, but when I tried pulling on the claws it looked like stress marks were forming on the plastic so I haven't tried anymore to pull the claws out. I know I read that you could on the SDCC version.

Saw these at the comic shop today, they seemed on par with recent figures, though I didn't take them out and play with them... so it's hard to tell. I was going to get one, to see how it was, but at close to $25 a figure, I'll pass.

Yeah, that's way too much. He's definitely the best one from the wave though.

Belmont, are you speaking from experience about the Wolverine? I have it, but when I tried pulling on the claws it looked like stress marks were forming on the plastic so I haven't tried anymore to pull the claws out. I know I read that you could on the SDCC version.

Not from experience unfortunately I don't own it but I saw it in this video.