GI Joe Retaliation Battle-Kata Roadblock

Nguyen_Dragon

Kata (型 or 形 literally: "form" ? ) is a Japanese word describing detailed choreographed patterns of movements practised either solo or in pairs. The term form is used for the corresponding concept in non-Japanese martial arts in general.

Kata are used in many traditional Japanese arts such as theater forms like kabuki and schools of tea ceremony (chadō), but are most commonly known for the presence in the martial arts. Kata are used by most traditional Japanese and Okinawan martial arts, such as aikidō, iaidō, jōdō, jūdō, jūjutsu, kenjutsu, kendō and karate. Other arts such as t'ai chi ch'uan and taekwondo feature the same kind of training, but use the respective Chinese and Korean words taolu and hyeong, respectively.

Kata (型 or 形 literally: "form" ? ) is a Japanese word describing detailed choreographed patterns of movements practised either solo or in pairs. The term form is used for the corresponding concept in non-Japanese martial arts in general.

Kata are used in many traditional Japanese arts such as theater forms like kabuki and schools of tea ceremony (chadō), but are most commonly known for the presence in the martial arts. Kata are used by most traditional Japanese and Okinawan martial arts, such as aikidō, iaidō, jōdō, jūdō, jūjutsu, kenjutsu, kendō and karate. Other arts such as t'ai chi ch'uan and taekwondo feature the same kind of training, but use the respective Chinese and Korean words taolu and hyeong, respectively.

okay that makes sense now

okay that makes sense now

It's known that in the movie-verse, Roadblock trains with Snake-Eyes and the Arashikage. So, it's probably Hasbro's way of using RB's toughness and combining it with the japanese sleek and artistic "form"... I believe it's also what they call those gun handle things he comes with that change from brass knuckles, to knives, to swords, to guns..

I want a Rock Roadblock for the novelty if nothing else. Passed over the one with the junk right hand and the one that was caucasion (really?). I only need one and this will probably be it.

this one looks even more caucasian to me, but not as bad as the one in the three pack.

It doesn't look that bad, though I don't understand why they only painted one... and why white, a nice gunmetal would have looked better. I'm more worried about the painted flesh lower arms. I don't understand why they sometimes make them in a dark plastic and then paint them flesh colored. Same with heads. Looks way better made in the flesh color if you ask me.