Sign in to follow this  
Rockzilla

Mailman is a turd

My current mailman is a big piece of #$##. This guy has been delivering packages in my neighborhood for over two years, and he is consistently late and he forgets to bring packages. His usual time for running is between 5:00-7:30, I think it is pure BS because anytime someone else delivers mail to my house it is between 3:00-4:00pm. Being late isn't the only problem I have with him, he is extremely rude and he is very careless with fragile packages. Should I file a complaint on this #$###? I'm worried it might just make my service worse. I would like to see the guy relocated or fired if possible.

it will just make service worse also is there such a thing as late mail ?.. I thought it simply got there when it got there ...

With the way the US Postal service is going i'm sure they would to hear about this .This is one reason why people uses Fed Ex and UPS

it will just make service worse also is there such a thing as late mail ?.. I thought it simply got there when it got there ...

I think he is fooling around, I mean if other mailmen can make it by 3:30 then why can't he? Plus his arrival times are inconsistent. I'm thrilled everytime I see someone else delivering my mail because they are always nicer and come in on time.

I have the same problem with my mail carriers except for the carelessly handling packages as canada post has a seperate mail guy for packages

We also have seperate delivery guys for mail and packages. My packages arrive always differently. Sometimes before i leave for work and sometimes right in the middle of the day. Mail always arrives the same time unless it rains then he takes longer wich i understand. I always get my mail when i am finished working anyway so i dont care that much.

I would definitely say something. The postal service is suffering these days. They need to know about these things.

I would file a complaint with your post office. Call them, ask to talk to the person in charge and explain your problems. BUT.. don't tell them your address... I made that mistake and my packages started getting punted towards my steps, lol..

I had this one lady when I lived in an apartment, she would open the outer door, my inner door was about 3 steps away from the outer door in the hallway... but she had to walk the other direction to put the mail in the lock boxes. So she'd open the door, fling my packages to my door, I actually would see her walking up the sidewalk and look through the peephole and see her fling them. So after a couple complaints, it stopped, and then I moved.

I was happy because I got a new guy that not only came earlier, but would walk up to my new steps, and knock and set the stuff down. I was in heaven... then one day.. I hear the sound of the mail-car coming down the street. I was expecting a package, and I head up to the front door, who do I see? My old mail carrier, and she literally is about 6 ft. away from my steps and just tosses my package to my stairs, it hits the top stairs and then tumbles down to the ground.

I was really mad, so I called the post office, filed a complaint, made the mistake of giving my address and I swear, my packages were coming in worse shape, I swear I could see a foot print on one, lol.. and then she was gone and I got another guy.

But anyway, if you do file a complaint, give them the street you live on, but don't give them your house number, lol.

I would file a complaint with your post office. Call them, ask to talk to the person in charge and explain your problems.

That person is generally called the post master. Most post offices have one. I dealt with the one in my old town before I moved. I had one bad experience with him but several nice ones.

if this had happened several times and is your mail man's "normal" work ethic than i would definitely file a complaint with the local post master.

I would file a complaint with your post office. Call them, ask to talk to the person in charge and explain your problems.

That person is generally called the post master. Most post offices have one. I dealt with the one in my old town before I moved. I had one bad experience with him but several nice ones.

I couldnt remember the name of the title, lol

I would file a complaint with your post office. Call them, ask to talk to the person in charge and explain your problems. BUT.. don't tell them your address... I made that mistake and my packages started getting punted towards my steps, lol..

I had this one lady when I lived in an apartment, she would open the outer door, my inner door was about 3 steps away from the outer door in the hallway... but she had to walk the other direction to put the mail in the lock boxes. So she'd open the door, fling my packages to my door, I actually would see her walking up the sidewalk and look through the peephole and see her fling them. So after a couple complaints, it stopped, and then I moved.

I was happy because I got a new guy that not only came earlier, but would walk up to my new steps, and knock and set the stuff down. I was in heaven... then one day.. I hear the sound of the mail-car coming down the street. I was expecting a package, and I head up to the front door, who do I see? My old mail carrier, and she literally is about 6 ft. away from my steps and just tosses my package to my stairs, it hits the top stairs and then tumbles down to the ground.

I was really mad, so I called the post office, filed a complaint, made the mistake of giving my address and I swear, my packages were coming in worse shape, I swear I could see a foot print on one, lol.. and then she was gone and I got another guy.

But anyway, if you do file a complaint, give them the street you live on, but don't give them your house number, lol.

Thanks! I think yesterday was the last straw for me. He put packages on top of my dumpster in the garage. He is notorious for putting packages near the garage if it is opened, but this was just ridiculous.

Ya I would file a complaint. I bought something off ebay at the begining of the year and the person sent it to me with $16 postage due (which was insane and the guy was trying to stick it to me for winning with low bids) anyhow, my wife gets home one day and there is an SUV in the drive way and a USPS mail lady waiting. My wife walks up and the woman explains she has a package with $16 due, so my wife asked her to hold on a second while she calls and asks me if she should do it (and the answer was "no") first call was to my cell and I didn't answer, so she hangs up and starts to dial my work number and the postal worker goes "I dont have all day" which is NOT something you should say to my wife. My wife and her got into an argument and the woman left.

I called and complained about it that afternoon and they gave me a case number, the next day the womans supervisor called me to ask what happened. I explained and he was very apologetic, saying she would be dealt with (I told them her exact name) I was very surprised they actually followed through and called me to get more facts about it. I was pretty unhappy with the whole thing, but surprised by the post office's quick reaction.