another unproduced JP figure hits ebay

revsears

I have to call BS on this even remotely being a JP figure. The ones we saw were three years ago, and that head is the Dreadnok Burnout head from the BBTS exclusive pack. I think the seller is just putting stuff together. I just find it funny (if that's the case) because I've gotten quite a few figures from Viperskingdom.

The most recent one before this was only a month or so ago. I have a pic of him here. (mirrored below)

kgrhqnjkfd0ldoe-fbq9djuoqn60_57.jpg

It's possible given the popularity of the otehr ones, and the upcoming new Jurassic Park movie, these things are moving around in the ware houses again. It's also very likely where that burnout head came form, the reason we got those packs from BBTS is because the parts were available. Also that burnout hair is painted slightly different than the release, mine has only one shade of brown.

and definitly not a cheap custom to cash in one. Notpicard (i believe he as an account here as well) Posted some comparison shots on yojoe.com here is little collection looks great.

I can see why there would be an element of skepticism over whether or not these are JP figures. I actually wanted some verification of what they are myself. I was lucky enough to get my first archer figure roughly a year ago. When I did, I really wanted to figure out exactly what it was instead of just putting it out there and letting speculation drown out the actual answer. Luckily, Joecon 2012 was right around the corner. At Joecon, we had the archer and sniper (with Zanzibar head) in the Joe Declassified booth. There, we were able to talk with Hasbro to make sure what we had. Keep in mind that the JP "Firefly" figures, the JP tattooed mercenary, and test shots with Mercer's head had all already shown up online and were definitely JP. The tattooed Duke/Roadblock and "Firefly" figures even have the JP logo on them.

We had the figures there on display for everyone to take a look. What we got back was confirmation that heads used in the Dreadnok and Renegades sets were created for the JP toyline. This is further substantiated by the SDCC sketchbook that links the Zanzibar head with a dinosaur. (That image is also significant because it features the Adventure Team logo and my first archer came with an AT head). Since the first few that showed up were just a mix of previous parts, I have to wonder what else we still have not seen.

Anyway, I am getting sidetracked. You can see in the comparison shot I took to Burnout that this is not just a simple head swap. And we were able to confirm the JP origins from Hasbro in person (as well as the Mercer test shots found). I didn't get any other details about what others may have looked like or anything like that. But we can put to rest where these came from. And the Cobra logo is not important in this case since it is also present on the JP Firefly figures...and those have JP logos as well. The Cobra logo is covered by the vest anyway so the figures still work since it is hidden.

I am looking forward to Joecon again this year since it is always fun to talk with each other about this fun stuff.