Best Toys for 3 Year Olds

alexclem

Hey guys, thanks for all the posts about toys I really appreciate it. I've got a 3 year old whose birthday is coming up within the next 2 weeks and I'm really wanting to purchase something awesome for him and also stay within a certain budget. I've been looking around and haven't really found anything I've loved. I found this website Gift Ideas but I was wondering if you guys had anymore suggestions for me. Thanks alot.

Alex Clement

For 3? Man, my lil' guy is almost 10, it's hard to remember back that far.. I'll try though.

I know he was always into spelling and we had big jumbo letters all over the living room, and he had one of those chalkboards where he could write on one side and use magnets on the other. He had ton of magnetic letters, duplo blocks and balls for the most part. He loved those gumball machine balls, most stores wanted $.50-$1 for one, but we found a Old Navy that had them for $.25 so whenever we'd be near there, we'f go there just to get him a couple. I even built him a cool contraption with PVC pipes where he could put them in and they'd spin around and go down the stairs and stuff, good times.. ahh.. the memories, lol.

As for action figure kind of toys, he only had a handful, I know he had those big chubby clunky Star Wars figures, the ones that were about 5 in. tall and looked like Sesame St. designed them. He had Yoda and Chewie... that was it really, a couple toy cars, and boats or planes for the tub, and a ton of books and a piano, lol..

I hope that helps.