Hasbro's Black Series 6" Figure Line

JayC

Grand Moff's(great DJ name by the way) on the money...lets hope the mass sculpt survives......I was kinda liking the first pics of the Kashyyk Trooper? but the more I get angles of him he kind looks strange...I'll wait till I can get one in hand....but that may be tough....I still haven't snagged up a Baze or Chirrut....I'm sorta liking what's coming up....that SandPeoplePerson looks awesome...

Give me a Trakin, Sand People and a Lando, please.

The best part for me is these OT guys, which, for the most part, are the only ones I collect in 6" form, are all going to see general release and not be store exclusives.

Gree and that video game TIE Pilot will both be exclusive to some store, Thrawn and Landspeeder Luke will be SDCC exclusives. Fortunately I can live without any of those so I won't have to break my back hunting them.

Oh, and thought she is not an OT character, Im also looking forward to Jaina Solo. I'll be able to do something with her, Rey, and Kylo.

• 1 month later...

I got my Lando and Sand People figures today. Both are amazing! I love that you can interchange spear heads on the Sand Person's spear. Lando's cape works very well, I'm a soft goods lover but the execution on this was great. Two winners for my 6" OT shelf.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The Last Jedi Rey & Luke Revealed

SDCC 17 - Hasbro Media Event -Jaina Solo & New TFA Rey revealed

SDCC 17 - Hasbro Black Series 6" Diorama Display Video (Diorama pieces not for sale :( )

SDCC 17 - Black Series 6" reveals

Rebel Fleet Trooper

Maz Kanata

General Leia

Capt. Rex

Dewback w/ Sandtrooper

• 3 months later...

I just replaced my 6" Star Wars display with a rad new MCU display and now I'm mulling over unloading my 6" stuff. I don't think I can keep up with two SW scales and between the two, 3.75" is always going to be THE SW scale for me. I don't want to jump the gun though because I know I've regretted selling off plenty of figures in the past. Plus I know the best is yet to come since they are apparently going with the digital painting on upcoming figures like they do with live action Marvel Legends.

I'd for sure hold on to a select few: Boba Fett is one of the most over rated geek characters ever but makes a damn cool figure, I love posing my speeder bike and Scout Trooper in races with Batman on the Bat Pod, and the SDCC Obi Wan that GD scored for me aren't going anywhere. But yeah.....

Decisions!

I finally broke down and bought my first 6" figjure, Darth Vader. I've also always been a 3 3/4" collector, and I've been tempted a few times, but, I guess I just couldn't resist the power of the dark side, lol

• Like 1

I just replaced my 6" Star Wars display with a rad new MCU display and now I'm mulling over unloading my 6" stuff. I don't think I can keep up with two SW scales and between the two, 3.75" is always going to be THE SW scale for me. I don't want to jump the gun though because I know I've regretted selling off plenty of figures in the past. Plus I know the best is yet to come since they are apparently going with the digital painting on upcoming figures like they do with live action Marvel Legends.

I'd for sure hold on to a select few: Boba Fett is one of the most over rated geek characters ever but makes a damn cool figure, I love posing my speeder bike and Scout Trooper in races with Batman on the Bat Pod, and the SDCC Obi Wan that GD scored for me aren't going anywhere. But yeah.....

Decisions!

Since my Car died again & other financial stuff I've sloooowed down a lot on stuff.....coupled w/the fact that Star Wars collectors are ravenous....can't find much these days on the pegs cept for Zuvio, Cassian.....I did finally see the new Luke fig....not enough extras w/that fig...very basic imop....I passed on the Fire Squad trooper from Gamestop....its just one of those repaints that baffles me...I skipped the Walgreens Obi as well....I have an SDCC Obi that's fine...I get it YJB its really is hard to keep up...my interests are changing...I'm getting into gaming & jamming on my guitar more so I've been hunting less these days....I'm kinda of thinking of selling off a large portion of my 6" stuff too....just keep the heavy hitters & move on.....1/2 my house is currently in boxes filled w/toys I don't have room to display so I'm really thinking of an Super Sale sometime next year....for now I just want to get the 6" Speeder & maybe that Dewback when it comes out.....I would say ever since I honestly couldn't find Baze & Chirrut I've felt like just quitting collecting this line....I don't really need them after thinking about it.....I passed on Wampa Luke as well....I don't feel like paying $40 for him when I only paid $12 for Han & TaunTaun.....I'm not really into the new stuff except for the Death Troopers....oh well...by the looks of the pegs & how they distribute, they won't miss my money.....

Wow...everyone's dumping the 6-inch line? I feel like I'm enjoying it now more than ever. But I do understanding trying to spread one's limited funds amongst varying scales becoming an uphill battle, as it were. I'm not made of money myself, so I have to be somewhat selective also. That being said, I try to make the 6-inchers my priority when I can. I guess having 6-inch Star Wars figures after wanting them for years upon years is a novelty that hasn't worn-off on me yet...

I can't remember if I had shared this before, but I was lucky enough to stumble upon the 6-inch 40th Anniversary Darth Vader display set on clearance for fifteen bucks...I guess the vintage-style cardbacks got me a little excited for them all over again, so Hasbro's strategy worked on me. I fell for it, hook, line, and sinker. (lol) I'm a sucker for the 6-inchers, and I'm definitely a sucker for the vintage-style packaging. I've actually amassed a sub-collection of toys in the vintage-style packaging...

One other thing I can definitely sympathize with you all on, though is the resistance to buying multiple variations of key characters...it's gotta be a really cool variation or something that makes alot of sense to me before I'll get it. I guess I'm like yojoe in that I prefer definitive versions of characters to be on display. Maybe one could simply switch-out characters and do different displays at a time...I've thought of that before, of just, for example, display only Return of the Jedi stuff for your Star Wars collection, then maybe only Avengers stuff for your Marvel display...it would keep your collection looking fresh and more interesting instead of looking at the same giant mass of figures day-in and day-out.

Maybe one could simply switch-out characters and do different displays at a time...

That's the plan in a perfect world. For me personally, switching out a display takes some time. There's taking down the figures, which then lay on the floor until they take the place in the box of the figures that are going up, then I have to pose the new figures and get them into a cool display, then I have to box up the guys coming down.

All this was doable 4 months ago but I am in charge of baby in the late afternoons when I get off of work. This is her fussy time and she can't be put down without crying :) So my display transition comes to a halt mid way through and I just end up with a big mess! Not classy at all :)

• 3 months later...

I finally broke down and bought my first 6" figjure, Darth Vader. I've also always been a 3 3/4" collector, and I've been tempted a few times, but, I guess I just couldn't resist the power of the dark side, lol

Well, I added the Walgreens 3PO to my collection this week. I've been tempted to add a couple of others, but, wow, they've jumped up in value. With the 35th anniversary of Jedi, I wonder if we could see a few reissues; 'barserver R2, red/yellow gauntlet Boba Fett?

• 2 weeks later...

Toy Fair 2018

Solo: A Star Wars Story:

Han Solo

Qi'ra

Lando

Tobias Beckett

Ranger Trooper

Mimban Stormtrooper (Walmart Exclusive)

The Last Jedi

Porg 2 pk (April)

Vice Admiral Holdo (2019)

Leia (Hoth)

Lando (Skiff Guard)

R2-X2- R5-D4, R2-D2 (weathered)

TCW Commander Wolffe (Barnes & Noble, Disney Store, Gamestop Exclusive)

Zuckuss (TRU Exclusive)

Gamorrean Guard (Target Exclusive)

• 2 weeks later...

My first thought when I saw Hoth Leia? nice base for a Bespin Escape version, just switch out hands, new head & lower legs ;) I like the accessories, but, no Mynock cave mask? Bring on the Bespin Han!

I liked the astromech 3 pk (Amazon exc?), untill I saw damage on R2, a little too much for me :-/

I iike the Tarikin, Rebel Soldier, and Gamorrean Guard (would like to see w/ mouth closed)

Solo figs look nice, but, wait & see on those...

• 2 weeks later...

Man, this line is addictive, lol. I have Darth Vader & C-3PO, and picked up a cheap TFA Finn; now, I want TFA Rey (although, I wish she had the upgraded paint deco) and Han, Tarkin, the Porg 2 pk, the cheap Rogue One figs,.... I'm curious what the new paint technique could do for some of the oldler figs, like Bespin Luke?...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious what the new paint technique could do for some of the oldler figs, like Bespin Luke?...

I have no doubt we'll find out. Like the Marvel movie figures, I see them going back and revisiting/reselling the old stuff with updated face printing techniques.

....and I'll probably be there to rebuy them....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious what the new paint technique could do for some of the oldler figs, like Bespin Luke?...

I have no doubt we'll find out. Like the Marvel movie figures, I see them going back and revisiting/reselling the old stuff with updated face printing techniques.

....and I'll probably be there to rebuy them....

(lol) Me too...I just saw someone post a picture somewhere online of the new young Han figure side-by-side with the original Han from this line, and surprisingly the new one makes the original look so dated by comparison, and I always felt that original one was the definitive Han figure. I'd love it if they did some new versions of old BS favorites, especially the ones I can't afford. (lol)

Picked up the Rangetrooper, young Lando, and repack Jawa at Target for $9.99 each yesterday thanks to someone not removing last week's sales tags from the pegs. And scored Tarkin & the repack Death Star Trooper for $5 a pop at a local WM thanks to the clearance pricing for the 6" line!

• Like 1

Picked up the Rangetrooper, young Lando, and repack Jawa at Target for $9.99 each yesterday thanks to someone not removing last week's sales tags from the pegs. And scored Tarkin & the repack Death Star Trooper for $5 a pop at a local WM thanks to the clearance pricing for the 6" line!

That's quite a score.

If I went to my Target now I'd see a couple of dangling Kylo Rens. If I went to my Walmart now I'd see four full pegs of Jyn, Cassian, and Finn.

That's quite a score.

If I went to my Target now I'd see a couple of dangling Kylo Rens. If I went to my Walmart now I'd see four full pegs of Jyn, Cassian, and Finn.

Take away the Jyn and you just described every store in the Central Arkansas area.

I have been working overtime lately between my regular job and then the last two weekends taking care of a needy family member. I received a small reward today in the form of finding the lone Grand Moff Tarkin at Target! This figure is a gem! I cannot get over the likeness that they captured on this $20 retail figure. I just couldn't stop looking at him. I have a feeling he's going to show up on my top 10 of 2018 when the year comes to a close.

On a smaller note, I also picked up Target exclusive old man Luke with base for $15 on sale. This is the right price for this guy. I love the base on him and the TRU Rey because they remind me of the old Toybiz Marvel Legends.

But, man, that Tarkin.......!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...