Hasbro's Black Series 6" Figure Line

JayC

Luke was shown at SDCC. I'm wondering if 3P0 will be from TFA with extra arm/leg for all movies?

That would be very cool and it's definitely the way they SHOULD do it with 3PO. But I see no chance of this happening. They wouldn't be able to get as much money out of the fans if they did it like that.

Well I got in the Han/TaunTaun set yesterday....all was complete & great.....hey I'd thought I'd put out feelers on here....I was looking for a 6" Bespin Luke or Jedi Luke (one w/out the wonky eyes preferably) for buying or trade. I can find stuff your looking for & no I haven't even seen Capt. Phasma yet...everywhere I go I'm just a few steps behind.....let me know....I know there's a trade area for this but I'm busy lazy man.... @duel@@

• 5 weeks later...

DorksideToys has the new Crimson Trooper from that multipack up for individual sale...I just snagged one up cause he's cool looking...just a heads up for you madmen & maniacs....

http://www.dorksidetoys.com/Star-Wars-Black-Series-Imperial-Forces-Sandtrooper-p/eesw59111.htm

• 1 month later...

Any chance we will see a chrome Phasma?... She doesn't look right in the dull colors...

We'll see a chrome Phasma just as surely as we've seen countless vac-gold 3POs in the past. As soon as they make all the money they're going to make off of the one that is out now.

• 7 months later...

So Black Series Luke's multiple hair colors bugged me. For every new figure, there was a new take on his hair color. I went and customized my Jedi and Bespin Lukes so that they match. When two different figures are of the same guy, I like them to look kind of the same. I'm weird like that.

I did a dark brown base with a flesh tone dry brushing. I like them a lot better now.

2016-09-01%2017.51.52_zpsd4cc00jz.jpg

• Like 1

I wish Hasbro did a better job on the ROTJ Luke, I was sort of looking forward to that figure and then I saw reviews of it and found it lacking. Although I guess if Hasbro made the definitive version from the start then they couldn't make money later releasing an improved version down the road.

I wish Hasbro did a better job on the ROTJ Luke, I was sort of looking forward to that figure and then I saw reviews of it and found it lacking. Although I guess if Hasbro made the definitive version from the start then they couldn't make money later releasing an improved version down the road.

Only the implication was that the Black Series WAS going to be definitive versions from the start. And the first couple of waves made it seem like that would be the case. (X-Wing Luke, Boba Fett: PERFECT!) But they've been skimping on a lot of stuff as the line went along.

I never expected Hasbro to behave in any other way than they always have. How do you think the 4 inch line lasted so long? They were always going to rehash figures and tweak and improve them. Make new sculpts, molds, and do paint app redecos. It's the same MO they used in the 4 inch line. I expect a new Jedi Luke with a cloak down the road. They will rehash every figure they can. My suggestion to anyone who is dissatisfied up to this point with the Black Series, get out now.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know of a website or anything that lists the upcoming releases for the 6" series?

She's 15 on Amazon too but I think I want to try to bow out of 6" Star Wars starting with Rogue One.

Wishful thinking.

we just got our cases of rogue 1 figures. can't sell them till the 30th though.

Screen%20Shot%202016-09-16%20at%205.26.4

• 1 month later...

I had these guys on my list...but after hitting TRU a few time & coming up empty, my interest in them is gone....I'm looking for C3P0 & the Scarif Trooper currently....I do need an 3PO but I'm kinda burnt out on figs.....The line has been mostly great but I don't like how they drag out figs & make us wait for the Core teams....hats off to the new stuff but my loyalty is to the Rebellion....oops to the New Hope Trilogies....woulda been nice to get an 3PO, Lando, Gammorean Guard, Obi Wan, Jawas, Dengar, 4Lom, Zuckuss figs before the other peg fodder....Hasbro always seems to have good intentions but "Movies" tend to get the star treatment when it comes to the pegs sometimes...meaning....Hasbro has a plan for toys....toys will be out by a certain date.....the studios decide to do a movie.....movie either gets in the way of planned releases for toys or it fuggs up the line completely cause the Movie toys are trash & clog the pegs.....& end of teh line happens....or short hiatus till they figure out new ways to get our cash....