Hasbro's Black Series 6" Figure Line

JayC

Not sure if everyone knows this or not, but if you never got a Prototype Boba Fett from Walgreens, they are available on their website.

Again, just in case anyone missed out. I thought it was weird that they were still available. May be old news.@fett@

I am perplexed on when the 6" Deluxe Han Solo in Hoth outfit with Tantaun will be available some sellers are saying March other sellers are saying June. I have never seen a bigger month discrepancy on sw toys. Besides the next wave of 6" figures with bbts.com saying this month and other sellers saying April. Just kinda weird.

I am perplexed on when the 6" Deluxe Han Solo in Hoth outfit with Tantaun will be available some sellers are saying March other sellers are saying June. I have never seen a bigger month discrepancy on sw toys. Besides the next wave of 6" figures with bbts.com saying this month and other sellers saying April. Just kinda weird.

I guess maybe toy fair will shed, some light when these will be available.

I love this line, and it's currently the only toy line I'm actively collecting...but that Emperor blows. I was really hoping they would do something to fix it after they released the initial images a few months back.

That said, I really like Hoth Han and the Taun Taun...I'll be getting them for sure.

Wow! What an utterly disappointing showing for this line at Toy Fair! It's as if Hasbro is losing as much interest in this line as WE are!

Just a couple of thoughts and observations on the line at this point...

1. It's a tremendously disappointing shame that Hasbro has really scaled back the amount of accessories included with these figures from what was delivered with that first wave. These are twenty-plus dollar figures and that price is hurts for what is offered. R2-D2 was a toy shop of accessories. Darth Maul had swappable heads, multiple light saber blades, and an interchangeable robe. Jedi Luke came with a light saber and a flap for his shirt (An accessory I honestly care very little about!) No robe. No gun. No switchable battle-damaged hand. No skull to toss at the rancor. Nothing. My rule would be that if the Kenner figure had an accessory, it should be included with the Black Series version! (Yeah. I know we'd get a lot of weird things like Admiral Akbar's walking stick and that gun Hammerhead never had in the movie but Geez! These things are twenty bucks!! Give us something!)

2. I'm a fan of cloth capes and robes too but that Emperor is hideous! How do they let that thing roll out like that???

3. The distribution of this line has been horrible! I have never seen Chewbacca, Anakin, Darth Vader or any Clone Troopers in person. I was only able to get my Stormtroopers by going to Amazon and Hasbro.com. I hear there's a Sandtrooper with a black shoulder pad out there but I have yet to see one. My Targets and Toys R Us's are STILL choking on Slave Leia's, Greedos and Han Solos!

4. I've got to say... Yoda isn't really so bad. He's just too green.

5. It's a real shame that Hoth Luke can't have a swappable non-injured head. I also wish I could have a Tampa that WASN'T perpetually vomiting blood.

6. I hate to say it... but that Tauntaun is a bit underwhelming.

7. Yeah. R2 was a bit small but I got used to him.

I will agree the new BS stuff isn't as exciting for various reasons. But for me that's not a bad thing. Hasbro is blowing things away with Marvel Legends and DC Collectibles is daring us not to buy their new Icons line. I'll have enough ways to blow my money on toys.

I was expecting a huge push for these... more key characters, rebels sprinkled in... a teaser for what's to come... remember last year they teased us about the SDCC Jabba towards the end of toy fair, so there is still hope. I guess SDCC & celebration will be exciting ( I hope). I'm still hoping for a few surprises via MTV or Newsweek or whatnot like they've been doing the past few years, so we'll see.

I think they'll get better and start putting out some more characters like:

-Eeth Koth

-Adi Galia

-Roth Del Masona

-Pablo Jill

-Even Piell

-Agen Kolar

-Saesse Tinn

-Kit Fisto

-Ki Adi Mundi

-Shaak Ti

-Plo Koon

-Yaddle

-Tsui Choi

-Bultar Swan

-Kofi Arana

-Joclad Danva

-Ayla Secura

-Master Tholme

-The Dark Woman

-Asharad Hett

-Quinlan Vos

-Exar Kun

-Ulic Qel Droma

-Cay Qel Droma

-Nomi Sunrider

-Darth Bane

-Marka Ragnos

-Naga Sadow

-Darth Malak

-Darth Revan

-Bastilla Shan

-Mission Vao

-Canderous Ordo

-Mandalore

-Carth Onasi

-Juhani

-Zaalbar

-Hk 47

-Darth Traya

-Dart Nihilus

-Darth Sion

-Visas Marr

-Talon Karde

-Mara Jade

-Anakin Solo

-Jacen and Jaina Solo

-Kyp Durron

-Corran Horn

-Kam Solusar

-Tycho Chelchu

-Baron Fel

-Wes Janson

-Warlord Zinj

-Ysanne Ysard

-Kyle Katarn

-Yuuzan Vong

-Nom Amor

-Darth Krayt

-Darth Nihl

-Cade Skywalker

-Darth Talon

-Tra Saa

-Imperial Knights

-Kir Kanos

-Carnor Jax

-Darth Maladi

-Darth Wyyrlok

-Antares Draco

-Starkiller

-Eeth Koth

-Adi Galia

-Roth Del Masona

-Pablo Jill

-Even Piell

-Agen Kolar

-Saesse Tinn

-Kit Fisto

-Ki Adi Mundi

-Shaak Ti

-Plo Koon

-Yaddle

-Tsui Choi

-Bultar Swan

-Kofi Arana

-Joclad Danva

-Ayla Secura

-Master Tholme

-The Dark Woman

-Asharad Hett

-Quinlan Vos

-Exar Kun

-Ulic Qel Droma

-Cay Qel Droma

-Nomi Sunrider

-Darth Bane

-Marka Ragnos

-Naga Sadow

-Darth Malak

-Darth Revan

-Bastilla Shan

-Mission Vao

-Canderous Ordo

-Mandalore

-Carth Onasi

-Juhani

-Zaalbar

-Hk 47

-Darth Traya

-Dart Nihilus

-Darth Sion

-Visas Marr

-Talon Karde

-Mara Jade

-Anakin Solo

-Jacen and Jaina Solo

-Kyp Durron

-Corran Horn

-Kam Solusar

-Tycho Chelchu

-Baron Fel

-Wes Janson

-Warlord Zinj

-Ysanne Ysard

-Kyle Katarn

-Yuuzan Vong

-Nom Amor

-Darth Krayt

-Darth Nihl

-Cade Skywalker

-Darth Talon

-Tra Saa

-Imperial Knights

-Kir Kanos

-Carnor Jax

-Darth Maladi

-Darth Wyyrlok

-Antares Draco

-Starkiller

Ha Ha. And I would pass on every one of those! Typically I like to know who they are before I spend $20 on their action figure :)

And I disagree with them starting out too strong. I don't think they started too strong or too weak. They started just right but it seems they've let some little things slip that are making people not as excited. Little things make a big difference. Especially in a $20 figure.

And back to the Emperor: As stated, I like soft goods, but you're not going to get the hood of a 6" figure to sit right on the head with soft goods. Also, the skirt, most of all, should be the thing made of soft goods, not plastic. Half the reason I like soft goods is because you don't loose any leg poseability. How is this Emperor going to sit.

Maybe I'll pick him up on their next try...

I'm kind of surprised we did not see any Force Awakens stuff but then again not surprised that they want to keep that under wraps until the last minute.

I hear Abrams is pushing for an earlier release. I wonder what that would do to the all-important merchandising....?

It depends the release date Abrams is pushing for and the scheduled release for the merchandise, since most of the time the merchandise comes out about a month, month and a half before the movie. Either way this movie will be the year's highest grosser regardless the date it's released.

It depends the release date Abrams is pushing for and the scheduled release for the merchandise, since most of the time the merchandise comes out about a month, month and a half before the movie. Either way this movie will be the year's highest grosser regardless the date it's released.

Yeah. I like when people wonder out loud, "Why are they releasing it in December? Because people don't go to see movies in December."

Maybe people don't go to see OTHER movies in December. But this is Star Wars so the rules are different. This movie will be the highest grossing movie of the year no matter when it's released.

December date really doesn't matter, the Lord of the Rings movies were each released in December and it didn't affect matters one bit. I was in college at the time and it was fun for us to go see it at that time. When the semester ended before we left for home we met at the dorm and left in a group to the theater. The sequels to one of the most beloved trilogies of all time are not gonna do bad just because it's December.

-Eeth Koth

-Adi Galia

-Roth Del Masona

-Pablo Jill

-Even Piell

-Agen Kolar

-Saesse Tinn

-Kit Fisto

-Ki Adi Mundi

-Shaak Ti

-Plo Koon

-Yaddle

-Tsui Choi

-Bultar Swan

-Kofi Arana

-Joclad Danva

-Ayla Secura

-Master Tholme

-The Dark Woman

-Asharad Hett

-Quinlan Vos

-Exar Kun

-Ulic Qel Droma

-Cay Qel Droma

-Nomi Sunrider

-Darth Bane

-Marka Ragnos

-Naga Sadow

-Darth Malak

-Darth Revan

-Bastilla Shan

-Mission Vao

-Canderous Ordo

-Mandalore

-Carth Onasi

-Juhani

-Zaalbar

-Hk 47

-Darth Traya

-Dart Nihilus

-Darth Sion

-Visas Marr

-Talon Karde

-Mara Jade

-Anakin Solo

-Jacen and Jaina Solo

-Kyp Durron

-Corran Horn

-Kam Solusar

-Tycho Chelchu

-Baron Fel

-Wes Janson

-Warlord Zinj

-Ysanne Ysard

-Kyle Katarn

-Yuuzan Vong

-Nom Amor

-Darth Krayt

-Darth Nihl

-Cade Skywalker

-Darth Talon

-Tra Saa

-Imperial Knights

-Kir Kanos

-Carnor Jax

-Darth Maladi

-Darth Wyyrlok

-Antares Draco

-Starkiller

Twenty-plus dollars for figures based on fan fiction? No. Thanks.