Hasbro's Black Series 6" Figure Line

JayC

I have no doubt that these figures will all be rereleased with both minor and major package variations just like the 3 3/4" figures have been for decades. Not a chance they're going to be one-and-done with characters like Darht Vader or Boba Fett. I love it because if I miss something I'm fairly confident I'll see it again (currently I'm keeping my eyes open for a second chance at the 3 3/4" Starkiller).

Thanks for the youtube link to Yoda. Looks like I'll be picking him up.

Official image time!

http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=15999

http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=15998

Might have to wait for the Hoth Han and Luke to be single packed. Like Jabba, I just have no room for that big stuff. I'll take the ST Han though.

Yes, yes, yes and yes.. Although I am not digging the look of the TK bucket on Han, looks derpy..

I have no doubt that these figures will all be rereleased with both minor and major package variations just like the 3 3/4" figures have been for decades. Not a chance they're going to be one-and-done with characters like Darht Vader or Boba Fett. I love it because if I miss something I'm fairly confident I'll see it again (currently I'm keeping my eyes open for a second chance at the 3 3/4" Starkiller).

Thanks for the youtube link to Yoda. Looks like I'll be picking him up.

I had hoped that they would be a bit more judicious with the variants and re-paints with this line since it is at a higher price point. I thought perhaps each figure would be a "definitive" version of that character.

But actually they've already done a re-release or variation of sorts with "Walgreens exclusive Prototype Boba Fett". While I love the figure, its essentially a re-painted version of the first Boba.

I'm pretty sure Vader, Luke and the troopers will be the "Snake Eyes" of this line.

BTW - Yoda looks pretty cool, I guess I'll overpay for what amounts to a "big" 3 3/4" figure.

I thought perhaps each figure would be a "definitive" version of that character.

I think we were all hoping for that. When we saw a flawless X-Wing Luke, Darth Maul, Sandtrooper, and a Han Solo with every accessory you could think of, it seemed like "Definitive" was what Hasbro was shooting for. But when they released a Bespin Luke with a non removable hand and a Jedi Luke with no robe, and you know they're going to include those at some point. Meaning you get to rebuy it.

That's the industry for you, I guess....

I'm glad the Yoda wave isn't a Walgreens exclusive since I have found a grand total of TWO Vaders at the multiple Walgreens i have gone hunting at.

I found tons of GOT figures; not just Tyrion but a wide assortment and Marvel Legends. I even found Assassins Creed figures, but Star Wars Black...

I'm glad the Yoda wave isn't a Walgreens exclusive since I have found a grand total of TWO Vaders at the multiple Walgreens i have gone hunting at.

I found tons of GOT figures; not just Tyrion but a wide assortment and Marvel Legends. I even found Assassins Creed figures, but Star Wars Black...

There has never been a Walgreens exclusive wave, just the Prototype Boba Fett figure. The last wave was found there first, but they have also been seen at Target, Walmart and hasbrotoyshop.com now.

I had the TIE Pilot in had and at the register. He's cool but all the time I was thinking about how he breaks my self-imposed rule about "key characters only". IMO, TIE Pilot does not make that list.

I left him with the cashier at the last second.

That is some will power...

Damn... No $10 Amazon sale this year... Maybe Cyber Monday?...

I had the TIE Pilot in had and at the register. He's cool but all the time I was thinking about how he breaks my self-imposed rule about "key characters only". IMO, TIE Pilot does not make that list.

I left him with the cashier at the last second.

That is some will power...

Damn... No $10 Amazon sale this year... Maybe Cyber Monday?...

I know how you feel.....I wait & wait but nothing so far on Amazon.....Last year I picked up some extra's for customs when they dropped the prices down SoLo.....I gave some away as Xmas gifts....it was the best of times, it was the blurst of times....cmon YJB mahhhn...haha the Tie Fighter Pilot is a thing of beauty....I was out on Saturday running down some garage sale action....found a few things so I made a sarlacc pit stop at Terget & the aftermath of the great sale of 14'...the restock was in full effect..so there was a fresh case of Chewie/Yoda/Tie Pilot....I hesitated not & boosted the economy I did.....murricah....duel.gif

Yes that TIE pilot is a thing of beauty from head to toe. Of course the action figure is the only way you would know that because all of his movie appearances consist of neck-up shots as he's hounding X-Wings in his cramped, TIE cockpit. That is why he does not rate a $20 figure in my book.

Also, I believe my 6" Dath Vader will stand out more if he's the only all black figure in my set up.

Don't worry, I have TIE Pilot in 3 3/4" form.

There has never been a Walgreens exclusive wave, just the Prototype Boba Fett figure. The last wave was found there first, but they have also been seen at Target, Walmart and hasbrotoyshop.com now.

I thought they were supposed to go to Walgreens first? I guess that isn't really an "exclusive" wave.

Anyway my point was that; except for the two Vaders I bought at one Walgreens, I haven't seen any of the new figures (Vader, Jedi Luke, Chewbacca or even Anakin) anywhere. They have Black series figures at Target and Wal-Mart,but nothing new. The stores (Target, Wal-Mart) in my area still have wave 2 or 3 on the pegs. Walgreens has empty pegs and just doesn't put any Star Wars figures out.

Thank goodness for hasbrotoyshop.com and Amazon.