Hasbro's Black Series 6" Figure Line

JayC

Looks like I'll be able to start skipping some figures. I refuse to buy Stormtrooper Luke or Han just on principle alone. They purposely made the balls for the heads of the Stormtroopers larger, just so they could charge us another $20 for something we could have easily made ourselves.

Also, that Palpatine is garbage. If the final product looks anywhere near what that prototype does, count me out.

Could also care less for more clones in different colors.

IG-88, Leia and Cody all look great though. I'll be getting them for sure.

They purposely made the balls for the heads of the Stormtroopers larger, just so they could charge us another $20 for something we could have easily made ourselves.

That is probably true but worst case scenario is you put their helmets on and you have 2 more Stormtroopers. Pretty sneaky tactic but it gets a pass from me.

Looks like I'll be able to start skipping some figures. I refuse to buy Stormtrooper Luke or Han just on principle alone. They purposely made the balls for the heads of the Stormtroopers larger, just so they could charge us another $20 for something we could have easily made ourselves.

Seriously? I for one like the removable helmet gimmick. I don't want to bore out a helmet. I don't want to have to purchase another Luke ,Han, and Stormtroopers just for parts. I'd rather just pay 20 bucks for something that looks nice and was one of the better parts of A New Hope. I guess to each his own or whatever.

Seriously? I for one like the removable helmet gimmick. I don't want to bore out a helmet. I don't want to have to purchase another Luke ,Han, and Stormtroopers just for parts. I'd rather just pay 20 bucks for something that looks nice and was one of the better parts of A New Hope. I guess to each his own or whatever.

My husband customized a set for our collection, and he had the worst time!

He didn't even try to dremel out the helmets. They look good enough, but that huge neck ball was really hard to work around. He dremeled out the Han and Luke heads instead of messing around with trying to make that neck ball smaller and still keep it round (we wanted to keep the Stormtrooper bodies as original as we could so we could always pop the heads back on if the customs didn't work).

That neck ball pushed the softer plastic of the heads out and made their faces look fat. I guess more seasoned veteran customizers could make it work, but we are novices. They are still a part of our displayed loose collection, but we will gladly retire them once these hit, pop those Trooper heads back on and re-enlist them into the Empire!

I for one can't wait to get these... They are some of my favorites from the original Trilogy.

Does anyone know why it's taking online stores so long to get the Vader/Chewie wave in? BBTS originally said they would be available in August, and then it was changed to September. Well, we're over halfway through September, and they're still not in stock. What gives?

I'm anxious to get my Vader!

I got an email from Entertainment Earth letting me know that y two cases of this wave were in stock and ready to ship. I am sure BBTS should have them now, or very soon. Just wanted to let you know in case you hadn't gotten word yet. They are starting to show up now!

Does anyone know why it's taking online stores so long to get the Vader/Chewie wave in? BBTS originally said they would be available in August, and then it was changed to September. Well, we're over halfway through September, and they're still not in stock. What gives?

I'm anxious to get my Vader!

I got an email from Entertainment Earth letting me know that y two cases of this wave were in stock and ready to ship. I am sure BBTS should have them now, or very soon. Just wanted to let you know in case you hadn't gotten word yet. They are starting to show up now!

Ya, my order from BBTS came in not long after I made that post. Thanks for the heads up though. :)

They purposely made the balls for the heads of the Stormtroopers larger, just so they could charge us another $20 for something we could have easily made ourselves.

That is probably true but worst case scenario is you put their helmets on and you have 2 more Stormtroopers. Pretty sneaky tactic but it gets a pass from me.

Ya, I guess you have a point. I still think it's kind of a d*ck thing to do on Hasbro's part though.

For $40 each. Stormtrooper + Luke/Han + extra work to make the helmet removable, sculpt a new belt for Luke and shorten him. Seems to me that this way is cheaper and easier.

Has anyone found the Target exclusive Shadow Squadron set yet? The website has dropped all of their Star Wars Black toys (and as far as I can tell, never had very many in stock in the first place), so I don't have much of a chance to get it since my closest Target is so far away. I just know quite a few have shown up on eBay now, so they're out there! I will have to try and find two sets.

I did find more Storntroopers at various Walmarts, so now I have well over 30!! It makes me a little sick to think about how much I have spent on my army, but what can I do?... I'm addicted to them!

Has anyone found the Target exclusive Shadow Squadron set yet? The website has dropped all of their Star Wars Black toys (and as far as I can tell, never had very many in stock in the first place), so I don't have much of a chance to get it since my closest Target is so far away. I just know quite a few have shown up on eBay now, so they're out there! I will have to try and find two sets.

I did find more Storntroopers at various Walmarts, so now I have well over 30!! It makes me a little sick to think about how much I have spent on my army, but what can I do?... I'm addicted to them!

30? Damn I had to stop myself after 8.. I have passed up a couple dozen since I stopped too. I can't justify them or do I have the room to display them with all the other stuff I have displayed in our house.

Both my husband and I stopped collecting everything except Star Wars Black 6" figures and some of his WWE figures since nothing new is coming from GI Joe anymore, so we have more space than we used to.

Add to that he woks from home and keeps most of our collection in his work room. That room is nothing but his two drafting tables and shelves with all of our collectibles on them. We are in the process of moving into a larger home as well, so his work room will be even larger and we can get more stuff in there. He wants to set up his 2500 piece GI Joe collection that's in storage once we get settled.

We both love Stormtroopers and are making up for the fact that we only had one each when we were children. @stormtrooper@

My husband and I were talking a little while ago about our 6" figures and were wondering which figures we might see come out the remainder of this year and next... Besides the ones we have seen at SDCC, NYCC and other confirmed sources.

With Vader out now and the Emperor coming soon, I think a bright red Royal Guard would be nice. I would also like to see some of Jabba's cronies.

What do you guys think? Who are some that you would like to see released?

New Hope Luke, Leia and Obi Wan? Lando? AT-AT Driver? Ewok? Jawa? Tusken Raider? 4 Lom, Zuckuss... Dengar?

My husband and I were talking a little while ago about our 6" figures and were wondering which figures we might see come out the remainder of this year and next... Besides the ones we have seen at SDCC, NYCC and other confirmed sources.

With Vader out now and the Emperor coming soon, I think a bright red Royal Guard would be nice. I would also like to see some of Jabba's cronies.

New Hope Luke, Leia and Obi Wan? Lando? AT-AT Driver? Ewok? Jawa? Tusken Raider? 4 Lom, Zuckuss... Dengar?

I would definitely like to see everything you listed minus the AT-AT driver (unless we actually getting a AT-AT)...

I know it's not "cool" to like the prequels, but I would like to see the following:

- Plo Koon (must have both his lightsaber and fist weapon...would love to see detachable clone wars arm guards)

- Aurra Sing (Decked out with weapons)

- Qui-Gon Jinn

- Mace Windu

- General Grievous

I would be down for a Grevious & Windu.....maybe a few more Jedi's but I dunno if they did any Droids, I would by a SuperBattle Droid but not much else.....

That reminds me...I would LOVE to see a Destroyer Droid (Droideka). I've always thought they looked badass. :)