Hasbro's Black Series 6" Figure Line

JayC

Its funny I have had no trouble getting Boba, have the Vader and Luke too. But I can't find Chewie at a single WG nor the Clone Trooper or Anakin anywhere.

Draven

I got my Clone Troopers and Anakin on eBay. Anakin was $18.50 BIN with free shipping, and the Clone Troopers were from the same seller at $21.50 or best offer, also with free shipping. I offered the same as what I paid for Anakin and got them! All three for $18.50 each and free shipping... even cheaper than retail and I didn't have to waste a lot of time and gas hunting. There have been some great prices on eBay for these two... I suppose it is because they are both part of the new trilogy and not as "fan favorite" as the original trilogy figures.

Its funny I have had no trouble getting Boba, have the Vader and Luke too. But I can't find Chewie at a single WG nor the Clone Trooper or Anakin anywhere.

Draven

I got my Clone Troopers and Anakin on eBay. Anakin was $18.50 BIN with free shipping, and the Clone Troopers were from the same seller at $21.50 or best offer, also with free shipping. I offered the same as what I paid for Anakin and got them! All three for $18.50 each and free shipping... even cheaper than retail and I didn't have to waste a lot of time and gas hunting. There have been some great prices on eBay for these two... I suppose it is because they are both part of the new trilogy and not as "fan favorite" as the original trilogy figures.

I saw Anakin and the Clone Trooper at a local comic shop. I was underwhelmed by them. I love the Stormtrooper. The clone trooper just looks boring.

Here's an image of an in-package 6" Yoda along with TIE Pilot and what's sure to be one of many Clones with a different color highlight:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-KAI-8132

Ah Yoda. I can't wait to be gouged for the second of three times by the Black Series line on a figure that's way too small for it's price tag. The first was R2, the third will be the inevitable Ewok. I'm sure they'll do may Ewoks, but I'm setting a personal limit of one.

As for Yoda, what are ya gonna do? Not have him in your collection? He's Yoda. The powers that be at Hasbro know this. That's why he's $20.

Only one Clone Trooper has been released so far, and now this one, but I am sick of them already. I am going to be spending $20 each or more for a different number on a package and a painted stripe or two! I love this series and love them in box, so I ill buy them... But I won't like it! lol

I am sick of them already. I am going to be spending $20 each or more for a different number on a package and a painted stripe or two!

This is an aspect of the hobby I'll never understand. The "completeist" mentality. To each their own, of course, but I can't imagine spending this much on something I don't want. Quite the opposite, actually. When there's a line that I really like and it produces a figure I don't want, I kind of think of it as a small victory. I get to save!

As far as the Clones go, I honestly think this is something good ol George designed on purpose. Give them different colors for the express purpose of cranking out "different" action figures without having to do new molds. In real life, what would it matter if your cannon fodder has a blue stripe or a red stripe. Yeah, yeah, I know...one color is supposed to be a more "elete" team than the other. Whatever. Just give me a classic Stormtrooper. They're all the same. They all get blown away eventually.

Anyone looking for Stormtroopers, start checking your Walmarts. I believe this has been mentioned before, but I found 2 more at my local Walmart and then had to go out of town for a doctor's appointment and found 5 more at their Walmart! My Empire is growing!!!

Or, if you have an Amazon Prime account, you can get them on amazon right now for $17.99, and have them at your doorstep in two days with free shipping. ;)

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Series-Stormtrooper-Figure/dp/B00CFELV48/ref=pd_sim_t_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1GWJK3WX6847FQGMETY8

Or, if you have an Amazon Prime account, you can get them on amazon right now for $17.99, and have them at your doorstep in two days with free shipping. ;)

http://www.amazon.co...3WX6847FQGMETY8

Has anyone ordered any Black figures from Amazon? How is the shipping? I have ordered fro them before and the cards have been destroyed! Creased, bent, some ripped even.

TRU is the same way. I ordered Bespin Luke and Obi-Wan from TRU.com and they were shipped in a padded envelope! Their boxes were completely squished.

I have not ordered anything else from either site since. Of course, I am mostly a carded collector, so the condition of packages might not matter as much to loose fans.

Thanks for the heads up though!

Hey angie...try thetoysource.com. They offer mint packaging, and sometimes bbts.com does too. But when thetoysource says the packaging is mint, they mean MINT. And their prices are usually pretty reasonable. I've bought alot of mint-packaged Transformers from them.

Has anyone ordered any Black figures from Amazon? How is the shipping? I have ordered fro them before and the cards have been destroyed! Creased, bent, some ripped even.

TRU is the same way. I ordered Bespin Luke and Obi-Wan from TRU.com and they were shipped in a padded envelope! Their boxes were completely squished.

I have not ordered anything else from either site since. Of course, I am mostly a carded collector, so the condition of packages might not matter as much to loose fans.

About a month ago I ordered 2 Stormtroopers from Amazon and they came in great shape. Though I did open them. Also, I found the Sandtrooper with the black shoulder pad at Walgreens this morning, it was a 24 hour store.

I've ordered quite a few figures from Amazon, and I don't recall having any problems with receiving damaged cards. They are usually pretty good about how they pack their stuff. Now, hasbrotoyshop on the other hand...I only order from there if I plan on opening. @lol@

WOW! just looked at the NYCC pics and I want to drive to New York right now, sneak into the show and steal the Han and Luke in Stormtrooper disguise figures!!! @stormtrooper@

These forums need a like button. I am definitely with you I want those figures so bad. It sucks we have to wait til 2015 for Luke. But I guess next month we will have Han. I kinda wished Hasbro would if made the heads interchangeable on the stormtrooper. All the collectors would of bought up all those extra regular Han Solos and that way we would have extra stormtrooper belts for when Hasbro releases Tatooine farmboy Luke.

2014 NYCC: Hasbro Pre-Con Media Event - New 6"

6"

Clone Trooper (red)

Commander Cody

Emperor Palpatine (Have cloth hoods ever looked 'right'?)

Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise

IG-88

Leia in Boushh Disguise

Luke in Stormtrooper Disguise

I am sold on EVERY ONE of these figures until I saw the newly posted press release pics of the Emperor!

The first set of pics shown had a nice, pale looking, ROTJ Emperor... The new images look more flesh-toned and that hood is horrible! His robe also looks like he left it in the dryer too long and it shrank! I hope Hasbro makes him more ROTJ and less ROTS.

I am jonesing hard for the Han and Luke in Stormtrooper disguise, but Commander Cody impresses the hell out of me. He looks like ne of the best shown so far. I hate being impressed by anything that isn't original Trilogy, but the detail on him is amazing!

Looks like I'm gonna have to black market some organs to pay for toys next year!!!:P

And the Luke Stormie torso has apparently been shortened a bit so that he is indeed "a little short for a stormtroooper". Nice touch.

I don't know. I saw wider shots of him and Han next to each other and the heights didn't look that different. Glad they went with the same head as the pilot Luke though. I like it when different action figures of the same character have the same face.

Him, Han, Yoda, and Boussh for sure. I'll have to wait and see on the Emperor. He looks a little too Prequel for me.