Hasbro's Black Series 6" Figure Line

JayC

1376106320[/url]' post='16798149']

Sandtrooper is sooooo good though @loll@

Draven

They are all great, but at $20 dollars a pop I have to be a little more choosy. I just hope we see Vader, Qui Gon, and Chewie soon. Those are my grails

I bit the bullet hard this month....my debit card is smoldering......after 3 more Targets I found Darth Maul!!.....they are out here & yes people only have love for the Sandtrooper didn't see him anywhere, but Luke, R2 & even Darth Maul seem be easy to find here this week.....last week they weren't out at all....I figure after this month I need to rehab myself jeez...I want to find at least 2 more Sandtroopers....does any one know when the 2nd wave is due out? My GF even like them so much she said "you should buy like 2 of each" .......one to open & one to hang up......that's my girl......she's becoming a hunter too.....her face lights up as big as mine when she finds stuff now.....

I bit the bullet hard this month....my debit card is smoldering......after 3 more Targets I found Darth Maul!!.....they are out here & yes people only have love for the Sandtrooper didn't see him anywhere, but Luke, R2 & even Darth Maul seem be easy to find here this week.....last week they weren't out at all....I figure after this month I need to rehab myself jeez...I want to find at least 2 more Sandtroopers....does any one know when the 2nd wave is due out? My GF even like them so much she said "you should buy like 2 of each" .......one to open & one to hang up......that's my girl......she's becoming a hunter too.....her face lights up as big as mine when she finds stuff now.....

Sounds like she's a keeper!

I went to at least 4 Targets today: THE BREAKDOWN- 2 of the stores had 3/4 figs.....no Sandtroopers anywhere......1 store, the oddly nerdy employee (even though we looked completely different I could tell he & I were one in the same.....abomination.....I could smell collector all over this guy) told me "we just reset this section & we can't put the case out till Tuesday?" I've heard of street dates before? but I think he was saving those for himself, cause they had the tag up but nothing was in it's wonderful place......the last store, an really cool employee (kudos to Target, your workers are above & beyond your peers in my experience) checked the back & brought out 1 single case???? cmon Target you gotta order more than that to make some moola......I snagged up the Sandtrooper and my hunt was over just like that.....not too bad........hey (I'ma tired bonehead I just edited this) YoBro I seen like 2 Mauls Today did ya need a hook up or did ya find one? pm me man......I think the price is keeping some people away cause they are very cool figs....they definitely stand out in the Toy aisle but maybe I'm biased.....

Draven

They are all great, but at $20 dollars a pop I have to be a little more choosy. I just hope we see Vader, Qui Gon, and Chewie soon. Those are my grails

Fair enough. Mine will be Bespin Luke, Boba Fett and maybe one day a Mara :)

Draven

It's only wave 1 but I think this whole line is going to be good for the hobby as a whole. Look how stagnant and dead it's been around here lately, not just with SW.

This line is fresh and new and has people excited. Things seem to be going in the right direction with character selection, design, even packaging. They're pricier, yes, but so far the quality is there.

A Walmart near me got all of them in last night. They stayed in the back but they told me if I came in the person working would bring them out. Got there and asked about them and she said she couldn't because she didn't feel like going back to look for them. Ticked me off. They were laid to the side last night so they would be easy to get to. Oh well, maybe they'll get to them later as they were steadily putting new stuff out.

Drove 2 hours because the guy said he had a case in the back. Got there and only thing there was r2-d2. Ticked me off big time.

A Walmart near me got all of them in last night. They stayed in the back but they told me if I came in the person working would bring them out. Got there and asked about them and she said she couldn't because she didn't feel like going back to look for them. Ticked me off. They were laid to the side last night so they would be easy to get to. Oh well, maybe they'll get to them later as they were steadily putting new stuff out.

Damn, you've had some rotten luck. :/

I'm generally not one to hassle employees, but as far as the Walmart situation goes, if you were told one thing on the phone and then they refused to accomodate you in person, I prolly would have gone to the service desk to ask for assistance. Or maybe just searched for a different employee. Hopefully you're rewarded soon.

Drove 2 hours because the guy said he had a case in the back. Got there and only thing there was r2-d2. Ticked me off big time.

Damn, you've had some rotten luck. :/

I'm generally not one to hassle employees, but as far as the Walmart situation goes, if you were told one thing on the phone and then they refused to accomodate you in person, I prolly would have gone to the service desk to ask for assistance. Or maybe just searched for a different employee. Hopefully you're rewarded soon.

I had to kinda hassle today at Target(Walmart no offense but they don't seem to be so sympathetic to the plight of fanguys)....a friend of mine wants a Darth Maul...so I went back to a store where they had em.....he was gone, not even half of him left.....it was 15 min till close, an employee checked their stock...nada but a Target near my place had it.....she advised to go 1st thing in the morning, they had 1 case, 8am I show up, after talking to 2 employees they located the last or first box? the very very cool employee brought out the lone case & I snagged up the Maul......I even had to reiterate that another employee had sent me there, cause at first they seemed kinda reluctant to give it up?? I dunno maybe I'm a paranoid psychedelic..either way asking around made a big difference, I hate hassling people but at least they were more helpful than other boxstores imo......I feel for ya Joker....been there & they always manage to make me feel like a weirdo for asking if they have any more stock in the back? Gas prices are a killer nowadays so driving around just jacks up the price of the hunt.....I mean it's like I'm trying to throw my $ at them but they just don't want it.......good luck & may they flood your shelves w/lil plastic men goodness......annddd soon-Oh & 1 more sidenote: your Walmart actually carries new toys? I went to a few yesterday just to look around.....I thought the pegs were empty at Target....Walmart is in bad shape lately.......no joes, no marvel legends, no new star wars, no play, no fun just dull boys & girls named jackshiiiii

It's only wave 1 but I think this whole line is going to be good for the hobby as a whole. Look how stagnant and dead it's been around here lately, not just with SW.

This line is fresh and new and has people excited. Things seem to be going in the right direction with character selection, design, even packaging. They're pricier, yes, but so far the quality is there.

I agree completely. I love these things. Now just waiting for 6in gi joe.....

I agree completely. I love these things. Now just waiting for 6in gi joe.....

It will happen...

I am still debating whether I should jump into this line...

Everyone's going to jump into this line. Let's not kid ourselves...

I sit at my desk next to a large scale millennium falcon, which is docked at my vintage death star playset...above on a shelf sits a vintage ewok village populated with many, many modern sculpted ewoks...inches over stands a large scale at-at, lowering snowtroopers into a vintage echo base...on wires from the ceiling, tie fighters and x-wings of different makes and model are locked in eternal battle...

...wait...what did you say? No. I watched pixel dan's video reviews, and his comparison shot of the 6in luke with the 3 3/4in luke was what I was waiting for.

Im still not buying in.

I sit at my desk next to a large scale millennium falcon, which is docked at my vintage death star playset...above on a shelf sits a vintage ewok village populated with many, many modern sculpted ewoks...inches over stands a large scale at-at, lowering snowtroopers into a vintage echo base...on wires from the ceiling, tie fighters and x-wings of different makes and model are locked in eternal battle...

...wait...what did you say? No. I watched pixel dan's video reviews, and his comparison shot of the 6in luke with the 3 3/4in luke was what I was waiting for.

Im still not buying in.

but what if Santa Claus were to bring you over to the dar...ahem "Black" side??? I wish I had that AT-AT it is awesoommmmmee! resistance is futile & devastating to the line.....haha makes me wonder if Joes are next up on the 6inch treatment??? (no pun)

1376179788[/url]' post='16798255']
1376110767[/url]' post='16798156']

Draven

Fair enough. Mine will be Bespin Luke, Boba Fett and maybe one day a Mara :)

Draven

Dang you, Draven, Guess who broke down and bought a Sandtrooper today? Now I want like 3 or 4....or 10. My only problem with him is they made the neck peg extra big so you cannot put looks head on him, which sucks

Im still not buying in.

No doubt, the whole SW world is captured perfectly in the 3 3/4" line. Over the years, everyone and everything has been done and done well. Some figures got "done well" sooner than others, but they all got there eventually. I balk, BALK at the fans who appear poised and ready to unload all their 3 3/4" stuff because currently the 6" line is the hot new thing (they're not so much here, but other boards).

But like DCUC is to Super Powers, I think there's a place for both. I love my 6" Batman and near-complete rogues gallery, but every once in a while I have to break out the kenner Batman Returns Batcave and Keaton Batmobile because you're never gonna get good stuff like that in 6" scale.

With all that said. The 6" SW are still sweeeeeeet. And Feat, you have a favorite SW character. I don't know who it is, but I'm betting you do. And when they make him in 6" and if the quality seen in wave 1 holds, you're gonna reach for your wallet :D