Hasbro's Black Series 6" Figure Line

JayC

Bespin Luke's face sculpt looks off, and Obi-Wan's arms look VERY strange. I hope it's just the way he's posed and the angle of the camera.

For anyone interested, BBTS has wave 2 up for pre-order. Boba Fett is already sold out.

I found a set in Denver tonight. Target.

Oh man, the hunt begins. Hope I can stay true to my word and pass on these. No guarantees.....

Went by a few Targets in the last week and today &......nothing but tumbleweeds & cricket noises to keep me company...they had clearanced 3 3/4 SW figs to $5 (didn't that used to be normal price?)....I will keep my eyes open though....just some time.....

I got my case of 4 from BBTS today. These things look awesome...I actually haven't even opened any of them yet, as they look so freakin' cool inside of the box they are packaged in. I can tell I'm gonna end up buying doubles of a lot of these, so I can have one MIB and one to open...

Figs that I will get. (limited due to money and space)

C3po

R2D2

Jedi Luke

Darth Vader

Han Solo

princess Leia white gown w/blaster

Old Obi-Wan Kenobi

Young Obi

Jedi Ani

yoda

Chewbacca

Greedo

Qui-Gon Jinn

Padmé Amidala formal but not queen version

Mace Windu

Jango Fett

Darth Sidious

and proboly Darth Maul..........Damm that's still a lot, hopefully those will be spread out. lol

I couldn't resist. I had to open up Artoo.

These really are great figures:

IMAG0640.jpg

The top pieces come off so you can insert his attachments:

IMAG0641.jpg

IMAG0642.jpg

IMAG0643.jpg

IMAG0644.jpg

The blue pieces in front of him are the leg covers for displaying him without the thrusters, and you turn his head to lower his tripod leg out of his body:

IMAG0645.jpg

IMAG0646.jpg

The front compartments on his body also open up to reveal more gadgets:

IMAG0647.jpg

IMAG0648.jpg

Anyone who is a Star Wars fan really needs to do themselves a favor and get a few of these figures if they can. They really are amazing. The earlier posts about what Hasbro promised and what we are actually getting with R2-D2 were really unfounded. I can't think of any way they could have improved on this figure. He looks great once you get him in hand.

Anybody else thinking that an Imperial Officer would be a great base for a SS Red Skull for your ML collection?

Why do you think I want one? upcoming Cap Legends Red Skull head on an Imperial Officer body and I have the Nazi Red Skull Hasbro won't release. Win WIn

I got mine from BBTS yesterday and they are really really awesome!!!!!!Articulation is good, sculpting is good, paint aps are good. Im on the fence though between keeping these or my 3.75 inch figures. Does anyone know if Hasbro has said the 6 inch line while be as extensive as the 3.75? Or is it just some short term collection?

I got mine from BBTS yesterday and they are really really awesome!!!!!!Articulation is good, sculpting is good, paint aps are good. Im on the fence though between keeping these or my 3.75 inch figures. Does anyone know if Hasbro has said the 6 inch line while be as extensive as the 3.75? Or is it just some short term collection?

In all honesty I can't see any other toyline ever being as extensive as the SW line. I think this could go quite deep, but because of cost I see this being a lot like MotUC. After a few years, when all the major characters are out the fan base will just be kind of done with it except for those extreme fans that need every single character who had any screen time at all

In all honesty I can't see any other toyline ever being as extensive as the SW line. I think this could go quite deep, but because of cost I see this being a lot like MotUC. After a few years, when all the major characters are out the fan base will just be kind of done with it except for those extreme fans that need every single character who had any screen time at all

I see this line lasting quite a while but not as extensive as the 3.75: different times and different scales. I see a lot mold reuse on this one for example they released the Luke X-Wing pilot first now that they have that mold expect that body with a new head for Biggs, Wedge. etc. same thing is gonna happen once they come up with an Imperial officer mold which is not a necessarily a bad thing and no different from any 6'' line out there right now but I fear we're gonna see a lot corner cutting to avoid costs. There's already a lot of people saying they won't buy anything outside the original trilogy so after they release the core characters in their multiple outfits then what? I don't see them doing random Neimodian guy or background senators in a scene especially if a new mold is required much less Expanded Universe characters. In 3.75 I could spend around 7 dollars for an Imperial Dignitary but at nearly $20 per figure I don't see this happening nor getting made same with army building I don't have enough money or shelf space to buy 10 Utapau Clone Troopers to stand next Commander Cody like I did with the smaller scale line. From what I have seen this line is off to an impressive start but like GPM mentioned after a few years there's a good chance it will only be supported by the really hardcore fan and let's not even get into vehicles...

I am still debating whether I should jump into this line...

Everyone's going to jump into this line. Let's not kid ourselves...

Yep. I don't even collect Star Wars but that Sandtrooper is so tempting. I'm really liking Boba Fett and the Stormtrooper as well. Don't know if I'll be able to resist at least picking up a few from this line.