Hasbro's Black Series 6" Figure Line

JayC

The Sandtrooper helmet just looks beautiful, a first for Hasbro, as they never seem to get the stormtrooper helmet right.

Bro, you ain't lying!! Finally a perfect Stormtrooper helmet!!!

I think I'll break down for a few of my favorite characters or outfits from the OT!! Biker Scouts are a must!! Imperial Troops, yup!! Tie Fighter Pilots, right again!!

I think I'll break down for a few of my favorite characters or outfits from the OT!! Biker Scouts are a must!! Imperial Troops, yup!! Tie Fighter Pilots, right again!!

The reality is, a lot of people are going to end up "breaking down" and buying "a few" figures from this line, whether or not they claim to be on the fence or "passing" right now. I'm not even going to kid myself. When we see these in stores, we're all gonna buy them.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got the pricelist for them. In europe they will be sold for 25euro thats 32usd a piece. Thats a huge difference. They are also announced for octobre around here. I hope thats not true because the 3 3/4 inch figures hit mostly a month after the US release.

I disagree pizza, you can't have all the main characters come out at once. I feel that's what Mattel did wrong with DCUC & MOTUC. I personally like their mix here, a couple core characters and then some background ones to fill it out.

This way, they can have at least 3-4 waves before most of the main characters are out... gives them time to plan this out and see how it goes. If they brought them all out in wave 1, then all we'd have were Lobots and scout troopers coming out, or a whole wave of cantina aliens... which will do okay, bit wont sell as well as the core characters.

Right now Maul is huge, just coming back on the big screen in 3D, bringing him back in the clone wars, I see nothing wrong with bringing him out right now.

I can't wait to see where this line goes, I personally wont be geting them all, but I'll be watching this line and can't wait to see future waves announced.

I Agree! SOTA put all the core characters out first for their street fighter line, which was one of the reasons the line was struggling during the end; by the time it reached wave 3, most of the core characters were made, hence sales being - it is not surprise wave 1 and 2 were the most profitable waves since they were mostly consist of core sf2 characters.

• 4 weeks later...

Well now there's this:

2-4241f579bf.jpg

Posted at USA Today online.

Thanks Captain Vold for pointing this out.

Couldn't be happier with how it came out. Really, it's gorgeous. It's sorta a dream come true for a guy like me. I had to change my underpants.

Now I just have to wait for news of its regular release without Han, which I have no interest in.

• 1 month later...

Hasbro 6" Black Series - Series 2 Sneak Preview

Entertainment Earth has confirmed that Greedo will be in wave 2 and they will be showing images of the figure over the next month from "concept to final product".

www.entertainmentearth.com/BlackSeries.asp

I would say that this confirms Han to be in Wave 2 too.

I'm going to guess Anakin and Slave Leia are the other two.

glad to see the production pieces look good too. Hasbro has a habit of making great prototypes and then forgetting to put paint apps or even changing parts on the final product. But I would be happy to buy all of these.

as for which ones I'll buy.. right now I am thinking ALL of them if they keep looking this good.

Hasbro 6" Black Series - Series 2 Sneak Preview

Entertainment Earth has confirmed that Greedo will be in wave 2 and they will be showing images of the figure over the next month from "concept to final product".

www.entertainmentearth.com/BlackSeries.asp

I would say that this confirms Han to be in Wave 2 too.

I'm going to guess Anakin and Slave Leia are the other two.

Greedo Preview #2

SW fans via Yakface.com are up in arms about R2-D2. An image from their facebook page:

1012763_473939906025224_890515556_n.jpg

it's as simple as this...wait for the product in hand, as photos usually deceive, and then buy it or not based on your own desire. I have a feeling that if this were 1999 and the internet were as widespread as it is now, there would be 100 forums of complaints generated over pre-production images/final product images of the R2-D2 cup topper from KFC/TacoBell/Pizza Hut. How many variations of one character does one need in a lifetime to be happy? This one may not be the one for you, but this is SW and Hasbro we're dealing with: it's not going to be the last chance, folks.

the above is my civil response. here is my gut reaction:

You @##@@ nerds...You are everything that is wrong with Star Wars and a stumbling block to the progression of all geekdom

Well there is a pretty major paint app missing on the legs. If that's what the final production version looks like, then yeah. Hasbro screwed up pretty damn big.

It's not missing. It's interchangeable in/out rockets. You can see the hole where they plug in right between the T and H.