Hasbro's Black Series 6" Figure Line

JayC

I personally like it when waves of figures feature characters from different episodes. It just seems to further unify the first two trilogies and show some continuity. I think the first wave is just fine, but that's coming from the fanboy in me that loves even the most insignificant of background characters and it wouldn't matter who they released first. (lol)

Having said that, my most wanted top ten would include:

Bespin Luke

Bespin Han

Episode III Obi-Wan

Darth Vader

Emperor Palpatine

Commander Bly

Mace Windu

ESB Yoda

Hoth Luke

Farmboy Luke

This got me thinking about what 10 figures I would really want from this line...

1 - Vader

2 - Darth Maul (Hopefully they can figure out a way to incorporate the hooded and non-hooded versions of him into one figure, AND make it look good.)

3 - Yoda (Episode III)

4 - ROTJ Luke

5 - Boba Fett

6 - Obi-Wan Kenobi (Episode III)

7 - Han Solo (Episode IV)

8 - Chewbacca

9 - Mace Windu

10 - Qui-Gon Jinn

I won't do a want list because if this line has any kind of lonjevity, they're all going to be made. But as I said, slave Leia would be a buy. I'd also get a Boba Fett though I consider him the most overrated SW character in existance, he's still a cool visual and a 6" version I can imagine being very cool. I'd skip the rest of the bounty hunters because they're not important enough characters. In ESB, they really were nothing more than set decorations (Don't worry Bossk, Zukus, and 4-LOM, I have you all in 3 3/4" form).

Gah!! I forgot about Boba Fett!! Yes, he'd be one of my most wanted. But I agree with yojoe, despite loving all background characters; I think this line should be reserved for certain characters, not every one ever filmed or concieved in the Star Wars universe. I just can't imagine building a collection of 6-inch figures that would rival my 3-3/4-inch collection. That would be a little much I think.

Speaking of too many characters...would anyone be interested in seeing EU characters done in this scale? I'd like to see some figures done based on Heir to the Empire, Dark Empire, and The Old Republic.

I am really surprised at the choices for the first wave. What genius thought, lets put X-wing luke and Darth Maul in the first wave. Are they going to make an x-wing to go with luke, not likely. What strange choices.

I am not saying I am not going to pick these up if they hit the mass market. I am already planning a big ebay sell of my stuff I want to get rid of for these figures, but this line-up worries me. I wonder if the second wave will have Watto, Vader, Lobot and Han? It just seems like they are throwing darts at a cork board with Star Wars names and saying, "yeah, that sounds like a winning line up." Come on Hasbro, this line will not be out until August, ask the fans. Do not push this line out without getting some input on what we really would like to see in the first line. At least make them logical, like Luke(episode 3), Ben Kenobi (episode 3), Han Solo (episode 3), and Storm Trooper. Throwing out Maul with R2-D2, just makes my head hurt. Come on, put some thought in to the line up for this experimental wave of 6 inch Star Wars figures. They are freaking cool, but the more you throw weird ones in, the less they will sell.

Does it really matter how they come out? These will sell so or so and i doubt that vader isnt allready in wave 2 or 3. darth maul is a very beloved character. Always sells out fast where i am. X-wing luke is also one of a favorite outfit among fans. Sure other variants may be in more demand and i am pretty sure they will come. I just hope they dont do 20 variants of the same character like the 3 3/4 line.

Ps, han, luke from episode 3? Lol :-D

Maybe he wants baby Luke from Episode 3? ;) lol

star-wars-baby-han-solo-chewbacca.jpg

Sheesh! After amassing that great big Ewok army, I'm going to have to start all over at the six inch scale now?!

Well, that Luke looks really good. The twenty dollar price tag is going to hold me back from getting everyone though. Nothing from those lousy prequels or that fan fiction wankery called the "Exanded Universe."

I just want Greedo and C-3PO together.

Wow i'm late to this party

I have said in the past I would love to see this size from Star Wars the 3 3/4 were getting stale

These are $20 each... You ready for another line?... The good thing is MOTUC is coming to a close for me... I can shift some of my toy fund this way...

Rumors floating that SDCC will have an exclusive figure...

http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2013/01/31/6-exclusive-figures-at-sdcc/

Say it with me now, "CON EXCLUSIVES SUCK!"

Scalpers already having wet dreams...

I would stick pretty much to OT with this line. I probably will buy Jango, Dooku, ROTS Anakin and Obi Wan though. Maybe buy some prequel bounty hunters too.

These are $20 each... You ready for another line?... The good thing is MOTUC is coming to a close for me... I can shift some of my toy fund this way...

It makes me wonder if the timing of this line is coincidental, or do you think Hasbro keeps an eye on other companies, and realizes all of the people who were into MOTUC will soon have extra cash available to spend on another expensive collector's line due to the decline of MOTUC? I'm not trying to suggest this line would have problems competing with MOTUC, but there is a large group of toy collectors who are gonna have lots of free money once MOTUC falls (which is inevitable at this point IMO) to spend on the next big thing.

I happen to be one of them. @lol@

I am really surprised at the choices for the first wave. What genius thought, lets put X-wing luke and Darth Maul in the first wave. Are they going to make an x-wing to go with luke, not likely. What strange choices.

I am not saying I am not going to pick these up if they hit the mass market. I am already planning a big ebay sell of my stuff I want to get rid of for these figures, but this line-up worries me. I wonder if the second wave will have Watto, Vader, Lobot and Han? It just seems like they are throwing darts at a cork board with Star Wars names and saying, "yeah, that sounds like a winning line up." Come on Hasbro, this line will not be out until August, ask the fans. Do not push this line out without getting some input on what we really would like to see in the first line. At least make them logical, like Luke(episode 3), Ben Kenobi (episode 3), Han Solo (episode 3), and Storm Trooper. Throwing out Maul with R2-D2, just makes my head hurt. Come on, put some thought in to the line up for this experimental wave of 6 inch Star Wars figures. They are freaking cool, but the more you throw weird ones in, the less they will sell.

Does it really matter how they come out? These will sell so or so and i doubt that vader isnt allready in wave 2 or 3. darth maul is a very beloved character. Always sells out fast where i am. X-wing luke is also one of a favorite outfit among fans. Sure other variants may be in more demand and i am pretty sure they will come. I just hope they dont do 20 variants of the same character like the 3 3/4 line.

Nope, that is what I get for trying to type in a forum half awake.

Nope, that is what I get for trying to type in a forum half awake.

lol. i know how that feels :D

Oh wow...I just saw an up-close, high-res pic of the pilot Luke, and that's his actual head sculpt! In those new pics it looked to me as if it were one of those preliminary airbrushed touch-ups of what the final version might look like. It just looked off to me, like it wasn't the true final sculpt. But apparently it's so good that that's the actual sculpt. Absolutely amazing. Well done Hasbro!

Well, I definately would not be buying the 6" line,...but since we're just shooting the breeze.

I would like to see slave leia, bobba Fett, Darth Vader, Storm Trooper, ROTJ Luke, Han Solo, Obiwan (w/ghost variant), Luke epIV, Leia epIV, Yoda epV

These are really the core for me, in terms of charachters and costume design (sorry don't care for robots or walking carpets)

regards

Joshua

Wheeljack said it, the 3 3/4" line has run its course. There are great representations of every character that matters, but it's done. Every character has been made. The main appeal of the line now is the box art made to look the way the 30-somethings remember from when they were kids. Time for a shake up.

Wheeljack said it, the 3 3/4" line has run its course. There are great representations of every character that matters, but it's done. Every character has been made. The main appeal of the line now is the box art made to look the way the 30-somethings remember from when they were kids. Time for a shake up.

exactly what I've been thinking besides the 3'34 line has been ongoing since what 78? and the clone wars figures are just terrible

knowing the select & limited outfits they have to choose from (at least until the new movies hit ... ;) ) I am going to be very picky about which characters I get & what outfits I get! For example the only figure I will get from wave 1 will be r2d2 & maybe maul depending on how he looks ... passing on luke I have never liked that look ... Only luke I will get is black outfit version from the 6th movie ...

I know it's a time-honored tradition to trot-out every version of the main characters when a new line starts-up like this, and we'll probably get the oft-regrettable multitude of each, along with possible some non-canon expanded universe versions, but...I hope to get all film versions of Luke in particular. Why? Going as far back as when I saw the original films in theaters, I always liked seeing the progression of Luke's character over the course of the three films, how he transitioned from a impetuous youth who longed for adventure, to a brash, impatient Jedi-in-training and ultimately, the cool-headed, mature Jedi Knight he became. I love every version and hope each one gets made for this line.

I always liked seeing the progression of Luke's character over the course of the three films, how he transitioned from a impetuous youth who longed for adventure, to a brash, impatient Jedi-in-training and ultimately, the cool-headed, mature Jedi Knight he became. I love every version and hope each one gets made for this line.

I hope with the new films, that Luke can retain a bit of his old self and not just be a stoic jedi sage...yknow, more gandalf the gray less gandalf the white. More Luke Skywalker and less any Jedi from the prequels (Yoda too)

I hope with the new films, that Luke can retain a bit of his old self and not just be a stoic jedi sage...yknow, more gandalf the gray less gandalf the white. More Luke Skywalker and less any Jedi from the prequels (Yoda too)

So in short, you want the Jedi to have personalities. Yeah....yeah that is a radical idea. One of the (many) tough parts about the prequils was watching EVERY Jedi with a speaking line try to act like Alec Guiness. Let's hope Luke gets a different treatment.