Hasbro's Black Series 6" Figure Line

JayC

I have been wanting 6in SW figures since the hayday of marvel legends. I hate that prices keep going up and up, but thats life. I alreasy have an extensive 3in SW collection, but I will be buying these. My 6yo loves them too so im sure I'll be buying at least a couple of each. Good thi.g im selling off my Hot Toys collection. Gonna need the room and money!

Im excited about these tho. All thats left is G.I. Joe in 6in and my toy life will be complete!

totally. gi joe should be next. i would get them in a sec as soon as they hit.

Eventually all action figure brands will cover all scales; 3 3/4", 6", 12". When they run the gamut of characters in a particular line like SW did, they'll switch it up and do a different scale. Eventually you'll see MOTU 3 3/4", then 12". GI Joe will probably go 6" at some point.

Better look at the head sculpt and official description:

STAR WARS BLACK SERIES 6-INCH ACTION FIGURES

(Approximate retail price: $19.99; Ages: 4 & up; Available: Fall 2013)

In 2013, Hasbro takes collectible STAR WARS action figures to the next level with the introduction of the BLACK SERIES action figure line! For the first time ever, Hasbro is introducing a 6-inch scale of the greatest characters from the STAR WARS universe. This exceptional collection of figures features incredibly accurate design and a high level of articulation. Each sold separately.

There will be 8 Star Wars Black Series 6-inch action figures available in 2013, with the first wave—Luke, R2-D2, Darth Maul and a Sandtrooper—hitting in August.

post-925-0-40098900-1359575676_thumb.jpg

We all know this line will be successful... Star Wars fans will buy anything and everything...

I wish there was bicep swivel though... Hopefully they at least have the ankle pivot like the newer MLs...

I was thinking that too.. the only thing missing is the bicep swivel... and that's a big one on figures this big and expensive. it should be there

I have been out of collecting Star Wars for quite a few years, but I think these are gonna drag me back in. And with MOTUC starting the downward spiral, this is perfect timing, as there is really nothing else I'm interested in as far as toys go right now.

I just hope they keep the number of figures released each year relatively small. At twenty bucks a pop, having a whole wave of 4 figures come out all at once is a big hit on the wallet.

I am really surprised at the choices for the first wave. What genius thought, lets put X-wing luke and Darth Maul in the first wave. Are they going to make an x-wing to go with luke, not likely. What strange choices.

I am not saying I am not going to pick these up if they hit the mass market. I am already planning a big ebay sell of my stuff I want to get rid of for these figures, but this line-up worries me. I wonder if the second wave will have Watto, Vader, Lobot and Han? It just seems like they are throwing darts at a cork board with Star Wars names and saying, "yeah, that sounds like a winning line up." Come on Hasbro, this line will not be out until August, ask the fans. Do not push this line out without getting some input on what we really would like to see in the first line. At least make them logical, like Luke(episode 4), Ben Kenobi (episode 4), Han Solo (episode 4), and Storm Trooper. Throwing out Maul with R2-D2, just makes my head hurt. Come on, put some thought in to the line up for this experimental wave of 6 inch Star Wars figures. They are freaking cool, but the more you throw weird ones in, the less they will sell.

I am really surprised at the choices for the first wave. What genius thought, lets put X-wing luke and Darth Maul in the first wave. Are they going to make an x-wing to go with luke, not likely. What strange choices.

I am not saying I am not going to pick these up if they hit the mass market. I am already planning a big ebay sell of my stuff I want to get rid of for these figures, but this line-up worries me. I wonder if the second wave will have Watto, Vader, Lobot and Han? It just seems like they are throwing darts at a cork board with Star Wars names and saying, "yeah, that sounds like a winning line up." Come on Hasbro, this line will not be out until August, ask the fans. Do not push this line out without getting some input on what we really would like to see in the first line. At least make them logical, like Luke(episode 3), Ben Kenobi (episode 3), Han Solo (episode 3), and Storm Trooper. Throwing out Maul with R2-D2, just makes my head hurt. Come on, put some thought in to the line up for this experimental wave of 6 inch Star Wars figures. They are freaking cool, but the more you throw weird ones in, the less they will sell.

Does it really matter how they come out? These will sell so or so and i doubt that vader isnt allready in wave 2 or 3. darth maul is a very beloved character. Always sells out fast where i am. X-wing luke is also one of a favorite outfit among fans. Sure other variants may be in more demand and i am pretty sure they will come. I just hope they dont do 20 variants of the same character like the 3 3/4 line.

Ps, han, luke from episode 3? Lol :-D

Wave 1. .(ideal case pack)

Luke

Han

Leia

Darth Vader

C-3PO

R2-D2

Stormtrooper x 2 (no BAF piece)

BAF Chewie

Not that is something I would buy.

a BAF Chewie would be awesome!

i'd be happy with:

Darth Vader

Boba Fett

R2D2

C3P0

gamorrean

Slave Leia

pilot luke

tie pilot

yoda

storm trooper

and a Hands so low

I disagree pizza, you can't have all the main characters come out at once. I feel that's what Mattel did wrong with DCUC & MOTUC. I personally like their mix here, a couple core characters and then some background ones to fill it out.

This way, they can have at least 3-4 waves before most of the main characters are out... gives them time to plan this out and see how it goes. If they brought them all out in wave 1, then all we'd have were Lobots and scout troopers coming out, or a whole wave of cantina aliens... which will do okay, bit wont sell as well as the core characters.

Right now Maul is huge, just coming back on the big screen in 3D, bringing him back in the clone wars, I see nothing wrong with bringing him out right now.

I can't wait to see where this line goes, I personally wont be geting them all, but I'll be watching this line and can't wait to see future waves announced.

It's a good head sculpt. Apparently Hammil's likeness is hard to capture. Between Kenner and Hasbro I think they may be 3 for 586 as far as attempts go.

Ford's has got to be worse. The likeness is always "close but no cigar"...hell, even on the Hot Toys Indy doll that people still wanted to shell out a ton of dough for

PS: Darth Maul is a waste of space.

I disagree pizza, you can't have all the main characters come out at once. I feel that's what Mattel did wrong with DCUC & MOTUC. I personally like their mix here, a couple core characters and then some background ones to fill it out.

This way, they can have at least 3-4 waves before most of the main characters are out... gives them time to plan this out and see how it goes. If they brought them all out in wave 1, then all we'd have were Lobots and scout troopers coming out, or a whole wave of cantina aliens... which will do okay, bit wont sell as well as the core characters.

Right now Maul is huge, just coming back on the big screen in 3D, bringing him back in the clone wars, I see nothing wrong with bringing him out right now.

I can't wait to see where this line goes, I personally wont be geting them all, but I'll be watching this line and can't wait to see future waves announced.

The Sandtrooper is a bit odd... I would think they start with the Stormtrooper...

I hope this line doesn't have multiples of the same characters. For instance, Bespin Luke one month, then two years later a Bespin Luke with removable hand and "That's impossible" crying face likeness. That's a game for the smaller scale. Just do one guy right the first time.

I wonder if the sandtrooper is a way to kill 2 birds with one stone. Say the line doesn't do well, they have the sandtrooper, you can take off his armor, instant stormtrooper! Then again, it depends on how sandy they make him.

Star Wars has been dead to me for a while, as has GI Joe, the only thing I buy now is MOTUC, so I will be buying this line. Probably cherry pick, though, I would rather have had them release a normal Stormie with the first wave, but they'll do it later I am sure.

yeah, I agree with what you are saying. They couldn't do all of the biggest names all at once because then there wouldn't be enough left later to keep the interest strong. But with StarWars, there are a heck of alot more big name characters than other properties.. and SW collectors don't seem to lose interest as fast as other properties' fans.

I am perfectly happy with X-wing Luke, Artoo, and Maul.. but I don't like the Sandtrooper coming out before the regular Stormtrooper

I personally like it when waves of figures feature characters from different episodes. It just seems to further unify the first two trilogies and show some continuity. I think the first wave is just fine, but that's coming from the fanboy in me that loves even the most insignificant of background characters and it wouldn't matter who they released first. (lol)

Having said that, my most wanted top ten would include:

Bespin Luke

Bespin Han

Episode III Obi-Wan

Darth Vader

Emperor Palpatine

Commander Bly

Mace Windu

ESB Yoda

Hoth Luke

Farmboy Luke

my top 10:

Darth Vader

Boba Fett

Chewbacca

C3PO

Jedi Luke

Han Solo (vest or jacket)

Stormtrooper

Obi Wan Kenobi (old man)

Luke (Bespin tan fatigues)

Yoda (I want both, but younger probably more than older)

I wonder if the sandtrooper is a way to kill 2 birds with one stone. Say the line doesn't do well, they have the sandtrooper, you can take off his armor, instant stormtrooper! Then again, it depends on how sandy they make him.

I hope you are correct JoeRhyno. I was thinking this would be a cool idea, removable sandtrooper armor.

As for the x-wing pilot Luke as one of the fan favorites, I guess I am an anomaly as I freaking hated the figure. I have only one from the modern toy line because it came in a case that I bought to get other figures and it was the Episode 5's version. I would have rather had Episode 5’s X-wing Luke with the holster. This is just the preliminary photos so they may change it up with the holster and the hoth boots.

Plus I like Lobot and Cantina aliens, especially hammerhead and Snaggletooth.

I am not saying I am not going to pick these up if they hit the mass market. I am already planning a big ebay sell of my stuff I want to get rid of for these figures, but this line-up worries me. I wonder if the second wave will have Watto, Vader, Lobot and Han? It just seems like they are throwing darts at a cork board with Star Wars names and saying, "yeah, that sounds like a winning line up." Come on Hasbro, this line will not be out until August, ask the fans. Do not push this line out without getting some input on what we really would like to see in the first line. At least make them logical, like Luke(episode 3), Ben Kenobi (episode 3), Han Solo (episode 3), and Storm Trooper. Throwing out Maul with R2-D2, just makes my head hurt. Come on, put some thought in to the line up for this experimental wave of 6 inch Star Wars figures. They are freaking cool, but the more you throw weird ones in, the less they will sell.

Does it really matter how they come out? These will sell so or so and i doubt that vader isnt allready in wave 2 or 3. darth maul is a very beloved character. Always sells out fast where i am. X-wing luke is also one of a favorite outfit among fans. Sure other variants may be in more demand and i am pretty sure they will come. I just hope they dont do 20 variants of the same character like the 3 3/4 line.

Ps, han, luke from episode 3? Lol :-D

Maybe he wants baby Luke from Episode 3? ;) lol