Marvel "NOW" Nick Fury question

yojoebro82

Previously unknown son who just happens to show up out of nowhere, gets kidnapped by Fury's enemies, loses his eye and at the end of the day winds up joining SHIELD and starts using his real birth name NIck Fury jr. Happened in the Battle Scars mini which came out in late 10 and early 11.

Oh, GPM, I thought your post was a joke at first. OMG.

You know, this is one of those rare instances where no story would almost have been preferable. Someone at Marvel decides it's vitally important to turn Fury black, OK. Maybe just draw him black from here on out and don't talk about why. This "story" you described is the definition of "shoehorn". Good one, Modern Marvel!

Oh well...so what happened to White Fury? Dead again?

retired.... for now. What I find really funny was that Ultimate Fury was based on Samuel Jackson, he wound up as Fury in the movies, so Marvel decides to have regular Fury have a unknown child who happens to be black basically take over Fury's place and now the Ultimate universe is introducing a character that looks a lot like the original Fury.

You can read the MAX version in Nick Fury MAX (which is an awesome book by the way). I have no doubt that white Nick Fury will be back someday. There's too much history there and they're just riding high on the success of the movies.

retired.... for now. What I find really funny was that Ultimate Fury was based on Samuel Jackson, he wound up as Fury in the movies, so Marvel decides to have regular Fury have a unknown child who happens to be black basically take over Fury's place and now the Ultimate universe is introducing a character that looks a lot like the original Fury.

Complete shenanigans.

I assume Fury Jr. has also been given full command of SHIELD and is automatically trusted by every hero in the Marvel U? Because that would make a lot of sense.

no he is an agent not running sheild

Last I heard Daisy Johnson was still SHIELD command and Maria Hill was second in command, though Hill does more of the day-to-day running.

it really doesn't bother me. Old Fury has been around too long, and it might help get new readers on regular marvel U, new readers to comic books are a good thing.