6" Iron Man 3 Legends Build-A-Figure Iron Monger Figure First Look With Iron Man Legends Packaged Images

JayC

I'm loving the size of Iron Monger.

Looks great. Thanks for the link - I hadn't seen that.

And the Heroic Age Iron Man looks nice and not a tiny shrimp like many of Hasbro's Iron Man armors.

If anything, having one done at normal size just emphasizes how tiny those other 2 are.

I haven't seen any of these yet but it's a tough call for me if I'll

a.) buy them all, keep Monger and Heroic Age, sell off the rest (pain in the butt)

b.) wait till this time next year to try to pick up completed Monger on ebay, knowing that's the one most people want (difficult and possibly expensive)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazon.com have them for 16.99 pre-order price http://www.amazon.co...+marvel+legends

Well it didn't take long for that price to go up.

Heroic Age is at $25 now, and not sold through Amazon.

I kept my pre-order at amazon, I guess over the past few days it did drop a bit before selling out on the pre-order coz my price drop to 16.24 per figure, I did drop by a target today after work and checked, that store already have it but they won't release it until Monday. Here's the DPCI number 087-06-1418 this might help you guys if you're looking to get it.

Thanks to a tip I saw on TNI, I found two of the three Ironman figures at my Target. I have Iron patriot and classic Ironman. Heroic/BE Ironman was nowhere to be found. I will take pics of size comparsion between Iron Monger, several HML Ironman and TBML Ironman figures.

Thanks to a tip I saw on TNI, I found two of the three Ironman figures at my Target. I have Iron patriot and classic Ironman. Heroic/BE Ironman was nowhere to be found. I will take pics of size comparsion between Iron Monger, several HML Ironman and TBML Ironman figures.

From what I read Bleeding Edge Iron Man is one per case so he might be a little difficult to find, shame too because it's the one I want the most.

I got them all at Target today while shopping for valentine exchange stuff for my daugther's class. The case breakdown is 3 bleeding edge, 3 iron patriot and 2 classic/horned iron man. I have to check all to see which has the best paint apps specially for iron patriot the pearl white paint is not thick enough in some figures i saw that the blue bleeds right true and the face of the classic iron man the black paint in one i saw is sloppy makes him look like a guy with bad teeth LOL.

14.99 each + tax so I cancelled my amazon order.

DSC_1590_zpsf5640ad1.jpg

Iron Monger looks just right when paired to the classic IM in terms of scale.

DSC_1593_zps728dc9ca.jpg

From what I read Bleeding Edge Iron Man is one per case so he might be a little difficult to find, shame too because it's the one I want the most.

I think it is the one ppl really want the most since it is the only figure that ultizes a new sculpt - IP is a retooled MIM and CIM is a repackaged two pack IM with less accessories, but a new alt head

A guy at the closest Target had told me their street date on these was the 11th. So I went by this morning and they had only put out a couple of things out. I asks one of the guys if they had these in, he scanned the tag, and pulled a fresh case out of the back. I was able to pick up all three with nice paint apps.

Ultron's body is from the Hasbro green Titanium Man from 2 years ago. Looks good though.

006_titanium_man.jpg

it looks pretty good, but it's going to be small. Those IM movie 6 inchers were undersized

I picked up my figures today. I've very pleased with all of them. I bit disappointed that I have to wait till the fall to complete my Iron Monger though. I remember seeing the classic Iron Man and thinking he looked a lot like the original Iron Man that ToyBiz put out in Marvel Legends I, but he's a very awesome figure.

So my GF was looking at these and asked what you can build if you buy them all. I pointed to Iron Monger and she asked if I was going to build him. "I'd love to", I said, "but I just don't have room". Then she said I could keep him at her place??? WOW!!!!!! What a GF!

Keeper!!!

I picked up my figures today. I've very pleased with all of them. I bit disappointed that I have to wait till the fall to complete my Iron Monger though. I remember seeing the classic Iron Man and thinking he looked a lot like the original Iron Man that ToyBiz put out in Marvel Legends I, but he's a very awesome figure.

There's a rumor out of Toyfair that the other 3 might come out sooner like before summer, I have heard this from various sources, but take it with a grain of salt anyway.

For those of you that have opened these...how's the plastic quality? Is it pretty sturdy, or is it flexible and rubbery? I ask because I found these today also at Walmart, but I haven't opened them yet. I've flip-flopped on whether or not to take them back. I mean, I love them, but I was kinda burned on the Heroic Age Bucky Cap; his legs were pretty warped and rubbery when I opened him, and my Steve Rogers was rather loose right out of the package. I was just wondering if any of these figures suffered any of these problems.

I love the "Bleeding Edge" Iron Man. I didn't expect to find him so soon after Toy Fair though. And I love how the "horned" classic Iron Man comes with the round "Shell-Head" version. That's the version I grew up with, incidentally. Oh, and I also finally found "Big Time" Spidey. Now if I could just find a Heroic Age Thor...

For those of you that have opened these...how's the plastic quality? Is it pretty sturdy, or is it flexible and rubbery?......

I only got the Heroic Age Iron Man, and he's pretty great, but I am a little worried that I will tear him to pieces.

The plastic is not exactly soft, but the ratchets in the joints are so huge that moving the knees for example seems like you will break it right off because the joints are so hard to move from one ratcheted position to the next. The plastic is not very sturdy and seems like it will tear. I'm very worried that if I pose it too much I'l break it. The plastic is not exactly rubbery but soft and pliable enough tomake me think it'll break.

Is everybody's like this?

So my GF was looking at these and asked what you can build if you buy them all. I pointed to Iron Monger and she asked if I was going to build him. "I'd love to", I said, "but I just don't have room". Then she said I could keep him at her place??? WOW!!!!!! What a GF!

Good on you, but be careful. After missing it in stores I only managed to get Blue and Red Supergirl because a girl I found on Ebay broke up with her d**k of a boyfriend and ended up selling all the stuff he left behind when she had her dad throw him out. Turns out she was so happy I took it off her hands, she gave me his copy of Superman/Doomsday as a bonus. I ended up giving it to my niece for Christmas!

The moral? Never leave anything that can be held hostage or sold off.

The story would be even better if you hooked up with her too!