Sharkticons?

fr0stie

I am curious, I may be the only person alive who demands this but, why hasn't Hasbro looked at updating and releasing the Sharkticons? I have been teased by Igear for a couple of years now but I would rather have something that I can not only afford but go to my local store and possibly pick up. I mean, isn't the hunt sometimes the most fun of collecting? I am not saying that a third party player releasing the "Shark Sentry" is a bad thing but I also see it costing $100 bucks, being extremely limited in release and taking two months to arrive. I want to know if anyone is behind me? Sharkticon.jpg

There's still a lot that haven't got a update yet like the rest of the Dinobot. Sludge,Swoop,Snarl and Slag also Skids,Trailbreaker,Hoist,Gears,Huffer, The Stuntcons and Terrorcons to name a few that haven't got the updates yet either. I which someone would make Firestar and the other female Autobots I have Inferno so I would like to have his girlfriend Firestar. And send Hasbro has the licences for Marvel they can do her name.

The Dinobots would be awesome! I must completely agree with you on them. The Terrorcons I would wonder if they might get a nod in the Transformers Prime Beast Hunters series. I guess I could be wrong on which line the Sharkticons should show up in, I think Beast Hunters would be best for them if they got to appear in the show. I think it comes to fan popularity and marketability. Plus it has more of a chance of getting made if it was in a recent TV show or Movie. I think Skids got to be one of the twins in Revenge of the Fallen but I wouldn't call that figure very flattering if you were a fan. The others you named I forgot all about them in the series, I had to look them up and then it hit me who they were. I want to see a really nice Devastator that I don't have to pay $350 or $600 for but that is another discussion I guess.

To me the Skids in the movie doesn't even count in my book The Skids I want to see have a remake is the one from the G1 toys and only had two small parts in the cartoon. One of which was Triple Takeover and the other one where Skids,Tracks and some others where after Kickback and the other with that bug spray that Cosmos,Spike and Bumblebee where getting.

No doubt, Skids has a wiki page, I would buy him if he got a remake in the Generations or Classics line. I think we all have our favorites and I really liked sharks as a kid and the animated Movie is burned into my memory because it was so awesome and to see Sharkticons was like, overload for a 6 year old. They didn't even look like sharks they just had shark in the name. I don't know, they had two figures, one looked terrible the other was limited by G1 creativity. Anyway, I hope we both get to see Skids and a Sharkticon in the near future! Skids Links to the Wiki page by the way.

Skidsg1.jpg

Yeah, I too remember Skids being rare back in the day. I don't ever remember seeing him or Trailbreaker in stores...

I'm all for any G1 characters getting the Generations treatment, but what I'd really like to see are the original Headmasters and Targetmasters done. That would thrill me to no end.

Now that you guys just said that I to had a hard time seeing Skids after I got my. I remember during the time that I got him the other characters they had with Skids where. Ratchet which I already had, Hoist,Astrotrian,Blitzwing. That was all I saw. I never saw Prowl,Ironhide,Sideswipe or some others. The only characters I did see at the stores where.

Bumblebee

Gears (with a broken leg in the packit)

Skids

Goldbug

Wreck-Gar

The Terrorcons minus Hun-grrr

Blitzwing

Astrotrain

Hoist

Rodimus

Targetmaster Hot Rod

Megatron

Blaster

Brawn

Metroplex

Glavatron

Fort. Max

That's about all that I can remember right now of seeing at stores.

I just wonder why Hasbor/Tarka is so afread of doing the Dinobots anymore. I'm sure they will sale like crazy if they do all of them. I would get all 5 of them myself.

I think they like to do the popular characters rather than do the side kicks. Grimlock is the leader so he gets all the face time and figures, the others are sidekicks and not as popular. I think it is Hasbro playing it too safe.

I was hoping we would finally see a complete Dinobots team with FOC... But its not looking good...

nope...Grimlock and one Insecticon only!

I think they like to do the popular characters rather than do the side kicks. Grimlock is the leader so he gets all the face time and figures, the others are sidekicks and not as popular. I think it is Hasbro playing it too safe.

I guess Wheelie is a more popular sidekick than he should be? 2 figures in the "classics" department...yikes...

Oh yeah, Wheelie! Not sure how he got not only two Classics figures but a part in the movies. Not sure how they pick the characters they are going to make next. Does Hasbro actually care what fans want? The FOC Dinobots were awesome, I loved the way they looked, I wish Grimlock's tail would have looked better though in the figure... And what is with the hallow space in his abdomen? Definitely a figure that looked good in the robot mode over the transformed mode.