Sign in to follow this  
Zedhatch

A look back Superhero Showdown

shs.jpg

This is a look back at Toybiz's Superhero Showdown Line, I've split this one into 4 parts covering a the few I still own, good bad and ungly so enjoy this look back and an attempt to pull back some myths about this legendary line.

Part one deals with several comparisons to MU and the Fantastic Four. Enjoy

http://www.zedsjoesite.com/review/shs/shs1.html

I had some of those. The Thing was a great figure. The Human Torch was pretty nice and I liked that Spider-Man.

The Superhero Showdown Captain America figure in your picture looks like a Marvel Zombies Cap that's nearly finished.

http://www.zedsjoesite.com/review/shs/shs3.html

Part 3 has Mole Man (yes that's right), Spider-Man (Red and blue and black costumes), Doc Ock, Green Goblin and of course VENOM!

http://www.zedsjoesite.com/review/shs/shs4.html

Saving the best for last Part 4 has Beast, Colossus, and Thor.

Sorry for the delays on these final parts. Computer issues got in the way and to be 100% honest I thought at one point I had lost these. Enjoy.

great reviews.. it's a shame that that line died so quickly. there are some real gems hidden in there

cap was horrid, Sue storm looked insane, and magento had a pin head, but almost everyone else was great. That spider-man, venom, green goblin, and Thor are all still the ones i display, and after all these years i think that says something. Look at all that articulation too! man it would be nice to get that today, and remember the complaints at the price?

there were a lot of really nice figures in that line, a few turds to, but mostly nice. i loved the daredevil, wolvie on motorcycle, spidey, doc oct, and silver surfer the best.