I miss DCUC

Lady Jaye

DCUC is still around so i dont really understand the post. We still have 6" figures designed by the 4 horsemen so what's the issue? I dont see mattel canceling their 6" lines anytime soon. I'm happy they did away with the baf model and are still releasing a mix of charachters. The only thing i hate are the prices, but the china sellers help offset it. I buy 1-2 figures per wave and i'm set. I only buy classic designs or from story lines i like ie DKR or kingdom come. I dont understand the lament, they might be hard to find in stores but are pretty available on ebay and saves a ton in gas$.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

I miss being able to walk in a store and getting exited at finding that new wave!! Grabbing either the entire wave if I could afford it, or picking the coolest one I really wanted!!

I miss looking online during Toy Fair, SDCC, and NYCC to see the new figures to be released soon!! Clicking on each subsequent picture, trying to get as much info I could on the waves!

Before that I miss reading up in the new waves via ToyFare!!

But I also miss them being under $10!! :/ And with that Hamilton we still got a BAF piece!!! What a bargain they once were!!

I just miss DCUC.....:(

You know, the worst part is DCUC isn't the only thing we lost. It's like that excitement you're talking about has disappeared, from the hobby and the industry.

For a while, I assumed I had just out-grown buying action figures (cause, you know. . .I'm 40), but it seems like its gotten to just about everybody. There was a time when, this close to a major con, this forum and all the others like it would be buzzing with speculation, rumors, spoilers, release dates, etc. Remember when ToyFair would come around and news sites covering it would litterally crash because they couldn't handle the traffic? When's the last time that happened?

Sure I miss DCUC, but I miss the excitement more. We need another DCUC or ML, something new to set this hobby on fire again.

Well said mako!!

The excitement is definitely missing. You're right, back in the day come Toy Fair sites would be so friggin slow because we were all excited about the new stuff!! I'd pick up Toy Fare to get closer shots as the waves came out!!

I think our generation will be the last to really support toy lines.

Me too. I never found them in europe like always but it was so awesome to get such great characters wave after wave. When everything was open i embraced the deputy lanterns and had high hopes for more well known characters and suddenly it was over. Nothing showed that this line was about to die and yet. Really miss it. But hey now we get hundreds of batman variants yeahhhhh :-(

A few Walmarts in my area still have the Powergirl wave in abudence.

The last vestiges of DCUC in my area are a Jemm figure at my local Hastings and a single Dove figure at a Wal-Mart in Bryant.

Its nice that they made odd selections like Jemm but its hard to believe he was made before a figure like say Blackhawk was made.

A few Walmarts in my area still have the Powergirl wave in abudence.

The last vestiges of DCUC in my area are a Jemm figure at my local Hastings and a single Dove figure at a Wal-Mart in Bryant.

How much is that Jemm going for?? I never picked him up!!

Its nice that they made odd selections like Jemm but its hard to believe he was made before a figure like say Blackhawk was made.

I think he would eventually have been made had the line continued!! I think they did a great job with a mixture of well known, villains,second tier, and group members!!

The only wave I didn't like was the lantern and repaint wave!! I would have loved to see another great mix wave!!

I still wonder what the real reason for the change??

******************************************************************** EDIT:

Never mind mako, I just ordered him from Amazon!! Along with Starman, and Kobra!! Good deals and no shipping!! I just hope I get the classic Starman and not the modern!!

Never mind mako, I just ordered him from Amazon!!

That was going to be my suggestion. For some reason, Amazon has been the best go-to spot for old DCUC lately.

That's where I got my Starfire & Adam Strange set.

I'm going to have to keep my eye out for stuff!! Still need the Orion and Lightray 2 pack! Doubt I'll find it, but you never know!!

Left a few for next time. Atom and Magog!! Will add them to an order where I'll need to add something to get free shipping!!

Hoping ill find, Mr. Terrific, John Stewart, Sandman, and Magog at good prices.

I had no idea where to put this little news brief, but a thread lamenting the passing of DCUC seems appropriate.

I was just in Wally-World picking up some razors and decided to check the action figure isle to see if maybe they had restocked their DC Unlimited figures (naïve fool that I am). Well, they still had the same Injustice Superman and Joker figures, however, they had been moved down on the rack. In their previous space was a line I can honestly say I would have never anticipated in a million years.

Four words:

#WTF# #WTF# Duck . . . Dynasty . . . Action . . . Figures #WTF# #WTF#

I know I said I missed DC Universe Classics, but until this morning, I had no idea how much.

What really bugs the snot out of me, is that I can't find a New 52 Wonder Woman in the entire state, I have to buy one off Amazon. If I want a DC character who isn't one of the Big 3 or a video game character, I have to order it through Matty.collector, and pay upwards of 30 bucks.

But I now know if I want an action figure of a red-neck ZZ Top reject who makes duck lures on A&E, all I have to do is drive down to my local Wal-Mart. @grumpy@

Some characters that have been on my list since the line started still haven't been made:

Aztek

Kyle Rayner

Anyone from WildCATs, especially Majestic or Grifter

Conner Hawke

Some that have been made:

Animal Man

Wally West

Constantine

Swamp Thing

I own none of those, however, because I refuse I pay 30 dollars for a basic DC figure (and swamp thing is waaaay too big)

How Mattel can't manage to maintain a line based upon DC comics characters is confusing and frustrating.

I have also miss this line as well I really don't come on this topic anymore send they leaved. But I do want to get Fire when ever they bring her out. I saw photos of her during Toy Faire but haven't hear anything on her releast yet. But the other then I am some what glad that it has stop. I ran out of room for them. I just found Rev. Flash about 2 months ago at a K-Mart in my area. I still see some of the old Superfriends wave like Toyman and El Droado [ms].

Oh I forgot they did make a Captain Atom figure I really appreciated, but that was like 4 years ago...

They also made a Kyle Rayner figure. It's one of my favorites actually.

Geoff johns era costume does not count. Kyle's original costume is what I meant. I don't buy anything that reminds me of that hack.

Oh I forgot they did make a Captain Atom figure I really appreciated, but that was like 4 years ago...

They also made a Kyle Rayner figure. It's one of my favorites actually.

Geoff johns era costume does not count. Kyle's original costume is what I meant. I don't buy anything that reminds me of that hack.

DC Direct has a great version of Kyle in his original costume. It's one of my favorite GL figures. Just get that one.