New Masterpiece Megatron in the making?

Targaryen

I was just wondering, since Masterpiece Prime (MP-10) scaled down from his original MP-1/MP-4 size... and most other MP's are in the same size category.

Would this mean we can expect an updated MP Megatron as well, to match the other MP's in size?

(as right now Megatron tops the others, which kinda looks silly)

I was just wondering, since Masterpiece Prime (MP-10) scaled down from his original MP-1/MP-4 size... and most other MP's are in the same size category.

Would this mean we can expect an updated MP Megatron as well, to match the other MP's in size?

(as right now Megatron tops the others, which kinda looks silly)

We are all assuming they are but there is no official word...

It would be nice, especially if they could make it the equal of the third party Hegemon set, but less expensive.

I never got Masterpiece Megatron, as it was very expensive and delicate, and the gun mode always poses a problem for US release. I think that would again be a concern in the USA - you saw how even the Classics Megatron had to be released in Nerf colors and lots of safety orange.

But I agree, there needs to be some sort of official Megatron in some form in order to go with the new sized Prime Masterpiece. We're getting that great Soundwave later on in the year, so I imagine that, at least in Japan, there will be some sort of revised Masterpiece Megatron. I wouldn't hold my breath for a US release in a gun-mode format though.

Tim

"toy geek"

I have never really care for Megatron myself now if it was his alt ego Glavatron then I can go for him.

I wouldn't mind seeing a MP Megatron based off his new IDW appearance or based off his original G2 toy but with brown or black camo patches instead of purple

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they did his G2 tank mode in G1 colors with the added ability of mounting the tank turret on his arm.. with an additional accessory to make it resemble the fusion cannon more. It solves the problem of not being able to sell it in US stores and has an obvious repaint. "Megatron Rules!" sticker required for the repaint. @loll@