Sign in to follow this  
RockthePlank

Just say "NO" to Cox!

Cox cable sucks hard! I called those guys 4 times to get them to come to my house to turn my cable and HD service on. On one of the calls, the woman whom I spoke with, before we even start to address my issue, starts telling me to sign up for their phone service. I told her not to waste her words because they couldn't even come to my house to give me their basic service. BTW, I don't live out in the woods or anything, I live right in the middle of town, neighbors all around, about 10 miles away from their main building.

Anyhow, finally "guy" made it to the house the fourth time I asked for it. So I am not there, just my poor wife who couldn't even plug in the modem into the electrical socket (yeah... not good with tech) So the cable guy told my wife our house was too old for cable. Lol, too old for cable? She told him we had it two years ago, no problem, infact we even had the DVR service and currently still had their internet service. He gave my wife some excuse about the HD not being an option and that regular cable "probably" wouldn't work either. She asked the guy if he could leave a note or some kind of explanation for me and he told her no. Really? He told her we would need to recable the house. See COX cuts corners and they have independent contractors come out and do this, so they REALLY don't care if we get COX or not, they get paid the same.

So no cable for RockthePlank! I could recable a section of the house, not a big deal, but they sound like they don't want my business at all. Piss poor! Satellites are out because I have a lot of HUGE trees around my house and neighborhood, At&t direct isn't available in my area either. I live in Gainesville, home of the gators, not like I live out in no where. Just frustrating!

BTW, worst name for any company.