Bespin refugee

Could Boba Fett Have Killed Luke Skywalker’s Aunt and Uncle?

I don't believe it was Lucas' intent/plan, but, I thought this was an interesting 'what if'/Infinities scenario

http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-reasons-boba-fett-killed-luke-skywalkers-aunt-and-uncle.php

It would makes sense to me...and the Jawas as well. I always laughed at the whole "only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise" comments from Ben, only to have them pretty much miss everything after that in the movie!

Okay, but does this then mean that Darth Vader was just being condescending towards the other bounty hunters? Why wouldn't he just use Boba Fett in the first place?

As any sci-fi nerd should know, disintegration means there's nothing left of the victim, save perhaps for a pile of ashes, not two burnt skeltons. (See Star Trek II.) I'm sure that Darth Vader only said that to Boba Fett so that we, the audience, can infer that Boba Fett is one ruthless bounty hunter, nothing more.

Guy doesn't know what he's talking about. Keeps saying they were at Mos Espa,when they were at Mos Eisley. Why would Vader want to protect Owen and Beru anyways? What did they do to save Shmi? Who's to say he didn't turn a blind eye to what the Stormtoppers were doing?

Whos to say that Owen & Shmi didn't die of Murder/suicide? Ereone knows that Shmi wasn't happy for years upon years, she didn't have access to alot of amenities that a modern women should have, she married a Moisture Farmer? she was homecoming queen she could've married a Empire Officer. Owen knew that eventually Luke would find out that his father was one of the most powerful men in the Galaxy, he wasn't going to stick around and wait for Luke to assume power & come back for revenge, after all Luke was stuck for years in the middle of Nowhere being farmer fran when he could've been one of the most popular guys in high school & not to mention hot and cold running chicks (who's gonna tell darth vaders son no?) Lars could've been so cut off from the rest of the world that he slowly succumbed to a "shining" Mentality and Luke just happened to be lucky and not home at the time, Owen overheated his nuclear barbecue and set his beloved farm and ever estranging wife to its overdone crispy burger end. I'm with Captain T, I don't buy the stormtrooper idea, thru 3 movies, Stormtroopers (elite some & some not so elite mind you) not only repeatedly missed 8 characters 2 of which were an oversized un-nimble trashcan & a 7 foot furry walking target who yelled everytime he talked (no inside voice for chewy) but also failed to stop a ship the size of Mack Truck from flying thru a heavily fortified kill zone only to see it use 2 torpedos to bring down a multigazillion dollar death machine?.... Maybe........Maybe Ben hired his own helpers to exterminate Aunty and Uncle so he could further his crazy scheme of meeting Darth again at the Crossroads? He used Lukes naivety and boyish nature to get exactly what he wanted, one more shot at title of universal badass and maybe he wanted to go out like a warrior instead of dying alone w/his chia pet in some dog forsaken desert planet, maybe to die of a stroke in his outhouse, only to be eating by mutant dung beetles? Maybe the "Peaceful" Jawas were upset that Owen got the better deal, that one lone Jawa leader had been pushed toooo far, its bad enough they get shot & stalked by the Sandpeople but even moreso when they're in town and have to use separate baffrooms and people always stare and outoftowners want to get their pictures taken w/them. Jawa Tossing night at the Mos Eisley Bar pushed them over the edge and they opened up a minature can of whoop-as$ on ol' Owen and Co...............or maybe Luke left a wacky cigarette burning on his bed and forgot about it?.Luke would be rid of them once and for all and he could spend everyweekend at Tosche station(Massage Parlor) getting some "Power Converters" (happy endings)....it's all a mystery that we'll never truly solve and that shakes my mystery machine to its inner core.......jinkeees fellas jinkeees indeed.....smile9.gif

• Like 1

If you've never seen it, I think

is a pretty good version of what probably happened to the jawas and the Lars. ;) I didn't buy Vader having feelings for the Lars any way, 'Anakin' didn't start to return until he discovered Luke was his son.

I also did some digging and came up with evidence to support that Fett was nothing more than a cool costume. Anything beyond that and the 3 lines he uttered in ESB are complete fan fiction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwC_o_fcW1s

See how easily Fett was dispatched with? The "ruthless bounty hunter" was knocked into a pit by a blind man. What kind of equipment is this "professional assassin" equipping himself with anyway? I guess the kind that malfunctions easily if it gets hit by a stick. This guy is just one of a long line of goons that gets knocked overboard as Luke and Han cut their way through bad guys willy-nilly on their way to freedom. And yet he will always be one of the most overrated bad guys in geekdom.

I also did some digging and came up with evidence to support that Fett was nothing more than a cool costume. Anything beyond that and the 3 lines he uttered in ESB are complete fan fiction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwC_o_fcW1s

See how easily Fett was dispatched with? The "ruthless bounty hunter" was knocked into a pit by a blind man. What kind of equipment is this "professional assassin" equipping himself with anyway? I guess the kind that malfunctions easily if it gets hit by a stick. This guy is just one of a long line of goons that gets knocked overboard as Luke and Han cut their way through bad guys willy-nilly on their way to freedom. And yet he will always be one of the most overrated bad guys in geekdom.

Not only that but his "dad" was suppose to be a bad a$$ too and look how he got taken out. Got his head chopped off by Mace. Who in the next film gets his arm chopped off by whiny Anakin. It's kind of funny when you think about it.