Batgirl & Catwoman #13

KNEEL_b4_ZOD

DC Comics really dropped the ball and screwed themselves out of money, Batgirl & Catwoman #13 were "Death in the Family" tie-ins much to retailers' surprise. The 2 issues were not solicited as DitF tie-in issues, so retailers across the country were surprised when their shipment from Diamond arrived with severely under ordered copies of die-cut covers for Batgirl and Catwoman. They realized they didn't have near enough copies to fill their Death In the Family tie requests from customers who don't normally get those ongoing titles, so retailers have been scrambling to get more issues ordered of the now sold out Batgirl #13 & Catwoman #13. I was lucky enough to track down a shop 40 miles away to snag 2 copies of Batgirl #13, which from the sounds of things and talking to people who called around, I may have got the last 2 copies in the state of Iowa. The prices of these books on eBay have just skyrocketed, a set of 3 comics, one 1st print copy of Batman #13, Batgirl #13, and Catwoman #13 have been selling for over $60 a set!!!

SO I'd keep your eyes peeled for a shop with copies of Batgirl and Catwoman, you may be able to snatch a rarer 1st print copy for yourself to keep or make some money on eBay with it.

Wow, that's pretty crazy. I only got Batgirl #13 a couple day ago because the guy working at the comic shop told me it was a tie-in to "Death in the Family." On the plus side, the actual tie-in was very minimal, so people won't miss much. I'm pretty sure DC is going to reprint these issues out the whazoo anyways.

PharmV

I was lucky enough to track down a shop 40 miles away to snag 2 copies of Batgirl #13

Way to think about your fellow collectors also in need. @loll@

But seriously, thanks for the info. There are a couple comic shops near me. I'll have to see what they've got.

My main gripe about comics are all the "events" and multiple tie ins, requiring readers to pick up books they normally don't get just to get the whole story. Batman literally JUST got done with one event--Court of Owls--and now is immediately jumping into another. Yay.

I'm down to two Bat books (Batman and Nighwing) which my LCS is holding for me. I told myself I'm not picking up all of these "Death of the Family" books and I'm sticking to it. Let em sell out.