Justice League Movie Aiming For 2015 Release Date

The Wire

I have no faith in it at all. They can't even get a Wonder Woman or Flash movie made and the Green Lantern one sucks. Batman isn't going to be Nolan's Batman and we still have no idea what Synder's Superman is going to be like. There's no way they should do a Justice League movie at this point.

I think DC needs to actually take a different approach to the movie than Marvel did with Avengers. I really think that the DC characters are more like Greek Mythology gods, they are super powerful, and separated from common men that way, they make us dream and strive to be that powerful to look up to these perfect powerful beings, to aspire to be the best, where as Marvel characters are more everyday guys struggling with very human problems and flaws. So I think they just need to come in and make the heroes incredible, just all out larger than life on screen. I think the current problem with a lot of superhero movies and comics for that matter are making the characters "seem more real," like they could exist in everyday America. That's not the case, thats what made comics so great, they're an escape, it's supposed to be out of this world. I've never walked outside and seen a man fly by and then pick up and throw a car. That doesn't happen in everyday, the whole premise breaks down if you have that mentality. I saw they come in and just make the movie an all out gorgeous picture on screen, embracing the "un-real" things that each hero can do, constantly show Superman & Flash defy the law of physics, really sell their superness.

I don't understand why they've insisted on keeping all of their tv/movie projects seperate. Something like Smallville (10 yrs on the air, not to mention its 'proto JLA')/Arrow could've been a starting point to expand to the entire DCU-verse, but, we had the Bat/Wonder Woman/GL(?) embargo to avoid confusing the audience. @hmmm@

The foundation for this movie isn't even close to being laid. Let's look at what DC has in the movie department:

Three successful Batman movies. The star of which--whom everyone loves as Batman, comic fan or no--will NOT be Batman in this movie. Leaving the audience to get to warm up to a new Batman WHILE he's sharing the screen with 7 other super dudes. Not ideal.

A Green Lantern movie that met with luke warm resonse. "Luke warm" being very generous with some fans questioning whether or not Hal was even accurately portrayed. Will WB give us a sequil? Do we even care?

A Superman franchise about to be rebooted. At this point, we have NO guarantees about Supes. I HOPE this take on the character clicks. It HAS to...

Other than that, you have half the JLA team whom audiences know nothing about besides their name. Because WB and DC are not and haven't been serious about getting them into the public eye.

This movie WILL be compared to the Avengers. By comic fans and Joe Public. That is unavoidable. You're going to throw all these guys listed above into a movie right away and hope it makes the same kind of money? Fortunately this is probably all talk, like most DC properties that aren't Batman.

I like the JLA. For that reason, I hope this doesn't come out so soon.

A while back they said that they are gonna reboot Batman starting with the JL movie and continue from there. I think everyone here is right in some of the points they have made like:

-This movie IS gonna be compared to the Avengers, that won't be a good thing.

-People won't know half the characters and/or won't care about them.

-They most probably will change the lineup and be influenced by the New 52(costumes, looks,storylines etc.) just like Marvel uses elements from the Ultimate universe. I too think they're gonna go with Cyborg unless they change the GL from Hal Jordan to John Stewart.

That said, my gripe is they could have planned this better and worked on it for a while but they announced they were getting serious about this around the time the Avengers movie was breaking records just like Fox announced they were hiring Mark Millar to unite their Marvel franchises in one universe, it's obvious they saw how successful Avengers was and want a piece of the pie(money). All that aside I really hope this gets done more importantly done right I really want to see Flash in the big screen.

it is a hard task to do. i mean marvel was smart with releasing each hero on their own because now the origin is placed with these movies and they dont need to bother with it anymore. that leaves a whole lot of screen time to do something else. now if aquaman, wonder woman, flash and cyborg are in it then they have to show how they come together and who these people are. lets face it the world knows batman and superman but the rest will have a hard time unless they are so great in this movie that you want to know more about these characters. green lantern took a huge hit. a film that was suppose to be awesome turned out to be bad and was skipped by a lot of regular movie goers and was a huge flop worldwide. so warner can not really count on that character. people have batman in their minds right now and superman gets a new movie so he will be back but if bale doesnt come back then some will allready say that they have enough with all the changes. same thing happend with the hulk character in avengers. turned out good in the end but you will never know. dont know how justice league will turn out but i hope they know what they do. bale as batman is allready something they could sell and if cavill joins and the new superman movie turns out to be awesome then they have a good way to start that movie.

One thing DC has done well where Marvel hasn't, has been their production of animated movies to introduce their big players. We've had numerous Superman & Batman animated flicks, some (like Batman Gotham Knight) were actually tie-ins to the movieverse. They've also has 1 Wonder Woman and 2 Green Lantern movies, the 2nd Lantern movie being well timed with a release leading into the live action Green Lantern flick. We've had a couple Justice League movies as well with New Frontier, Crisis on 2 Earths, and Doom. They need to keep pumping this out, and do an animated tie-in that will lead into the movie. The new Injustice video game has been said to be a lead-in to the Justice League Movie. If you have Man of Steel, the Injustice Video game, 1 or 2 animated movies, and then 1 more live action movie leading into Justice League I think they'll have a good enough platform laid for this movie to take off and hopefully be as successful at the box office as Nolan's Batman films were.