Sign in to follow this  
Capt.S.G.Wiseman

Batman:The Dark Knight Returns Part 1. on DVD & Blu-Ray.

Just about every recent story, Hollywood film, comic, anime, classic cartoon or even our immortal beloved toys gets put to the test when Batman fans discuss this original comic/ graphic novel by Frank Miller.

What makes this masterpiece so special? My opinion- because it is the final chapter for our hero and there was no reason to hold back. We got to see the real Batman for what he was.

I also understand that this was a "period piece". TDKR was VERY political in it's stance, especially for 1986. This story basically said "Batman, we give you a slight break because you were a Super Hero for decades, but for the small amount of society cry-babies that dominate the news, you have to die. Sorry."

The story is now 26 years old. How did you like the NEW film?

-Was it up to specs?

-Did you like the voice actors?

-Was the action good enough?

If you own it now, tell me what you think.

I really enjoyed it and can't wait for the part 2. At first I wasn't sure but it didn't take long for me to really get into it. For me it was easily one of the best DC animated features (right there with Under The Red Hood). It was also alot more gritty then I thought, but it suited the presentation.

I liked this movie a lot. While logical from a business standpoint, I still think it was cruel to split this story into a two part movie.

I really enjoyed it and can't wait for the part 2. At first I wasn't sure but it didn't take long for me to really get into it. For me it was easily one of the best DC animated features (right there with Under The Red Hood). It was also alot more gritty then I thought, but it suited the presentation.

I've just discovered how good these straight-to-video animated movies can be. Up until now I've dismissed them as cheaply-produced, thrown-together cash-grabs, as it were. But I took a chance and bought Batman: Under the Red Hood; I found it at Ollie's for five bucks and thought it was worth checking out. I was extremely impressed. I may have enjoyed it almost as much as the live-action films! It is truly excellent and makes me want to check out the rest. I already had my eye on TDKR since I enjoyed the book so much, but if it's anything like Under the Red Hood, I'm completely on board.

Well, I snagged the Justice League: Doom DVD earlier this evening at Walmart; they were having an extended Black Friday sale on various DVDs and Blu-rays, and I found it for $4.99. I just got finished watching it, and I enjoy it almost as much as I did Batman: Under the Red Hood. On it I also saw the previews to Batman: Year One, and it looks excellent as well. I'm tellin' ya...if DC could crank out movies of this quality, they'd give Marvel Studios a run for their money.

I also have a Wonder Woman DVD I bought at Big Lots a few weeks ago, along with Green Lantern: First Flight, but I've not watched them yet.

They're great, Devilbat. I've liked pretty much all of the DC animated movies I've watched. First Flight is good, and I've heard the same thing about the Wonder Woman film. I really liked Superman-Batman: Public Enemies, too.