What's your favourite animal TF?

nickh

I've always been a huge fan of TFs that transform into animals, insects, etc. Grimlock's my favourite by far, but Bombshell's a close second. Who are your favourites, and why?

Hell you must of have loved Beast wars and Beast Machines

Grimlock is mine

Solid choice with Grimlock, Wheeljack35.

Strangely, I really don't like Beast Wars and Beast Machines. The molds just look so hokey and silly to me. They're caricatures of the real figures. Have a look at them all side by side, and I think you'll agree:

Beast Machines figures

Beast Wars figures

oh man there's so many from G1 alone laserbeak,Ratbat,Buzzsaw,Trypticon,The insecticons,Razorclaw,Rampage,Tantrum,Divebomb,the dinobots and Ravage just to name a few

oh man there's so many from G1 alone laserbeak,Ratbat,Buzzsaw,Trypticon,The insecticons,Razorclaw,Rampage,Tantrum,Divebomb,the dinobots and Ravage just to name a few

Hahah that's "just a few"! What's your #1, though?

The one beast Transformer that's still on display in my collections is Beast Wars B'Boom. If you haven't checked this guy out, he's really one of the best of the Beast Wars line. Big, somewhat complex transformation, three pretty good modes, and loads of character. He's a blue baboon!

There are lots of other great ones from Beast Wars, I'm partial to the Transmetal 1 deluxes, especially Rattrap and Tarantulus, but they're not really good to play with for fear of flaking off the metallic parts.

Special mention, too, for the Beast Wars Neo line, especially Big Convoy and Longrack, two of my favorite import transformers. BC is a pain to transform back into mammoth mode, but he's one of the best Primes of that era, and Longrack is just a fun, well made toy with an oddball giraffe mode.

Tim

"toy geek"

I always liked Sky Lynx for some reason.

I always forget that Sky Lynx is an animal. He just looks so much like a space ship in robot mode that I always make this mistake. Good call, CaptainTriumph.