TOYSRUS Hires 45,000 Employees...

Nguyen_Dragon

The first job I was ever interviewed for was at TRU. Back then, 17 year old me made the mistake of saying I like to buy toys when I was asked by the interviewer. Didn't get the job. I think they screen people for that.

But I bounced back and got a job at Target after that. Never scalped anything though. This was before the internet and ebay was around to tell anyone what was "hot" at the time.

• Like 1

they forget to mention that they will fire them next year once the holydays are over, lol. still great for those who will get a paycheck for the holydays.

Thats kind of almost given when you get a job during the holiday season... you are usually just a seasonal employee. Very rarely do they keep you on afterwards.

they forget to mention that they will fire them next year once the holydays are over, lol. still great for those who will get a paycheck for the holydays.

I'm pretty sure they don't fire you either unless you #$## up they "let you go" or some such is the correct term but yeah ... @loll@

I worked there last Xmas season, it was right round the time I was hired at my current job. I decided to stay on just & work part time just so I didn't shorthand them & partly cause I still wanted that employee discount. I told them at my interview that I collected toyz and the co-interviewer said I looked familar haha. Anewayys I mainly worked weekends and didn't want to be stuck on register so I asked to be out on the floor, or stock. So yes Dog Bless all of you seasonal employees its bad enough dealing w/people who aren't friendly to hired guns and then the customers are stuck in the seasonal buying frenzy mode and it creates a cutthroat environment that surely delivers that message of loving your fellow man. I feel like not only is it Jesus's birfday but most of america's ungrateful lil tikes and tikettes. I've worked much more hellish venues (liquor stores-that didn't close on xmas or new years, thrift store-think goodwill but bad, badwill or maybe horriblewill, & Hobby Lobby-egads you don't want 2 get between beefy soccer moms and their after xmas clearance deals) and I feel the worst at TRU was just not having enough of one item in. I mean really what was it Xmas season or sumpin? & the ads would kill us too, not everyone can read and those who do, read selectively so there were misunderstandings about sale dates and prices concerning Bogo offers. I put my 2 packs DCUC vs MOTU on Lawaway and received my employee discount. I didn't see any seedy scalpers and most of the seasonal employees were just looking for any type of work and extra scratch for the seasons leavings. I'm not gonna lie I was in toy heaven just to walk up and down the aisles to see whats on sale, but toy hell as to what I couldn't afford and the customers got in the way of my window shopping. All in all I quit before Xmas cause I really didn't need the job at that point and everytime I called for my schedule (I live 35 min away by car, Hour and half by bus) they would tell me to come in & look at it myself, or they would hang up on me. I had one genius tell me "oh your working on Sunday" when I said "yeah but what time?" he replied "I dunno I don't have time to look again and hung up". Soooo it was a good run while it lasted I enjoyed talking shop w/other Hunters and Madmen. & there are alot of fine foxy mammas who need toyz for their young un's so that was koolio too.....lil eye candy makes the job alot less stressfull....they even sent me an standard email for re-application last week.....

dont do it! Working for TRU is a soul-crushing experience! It will murder the TRU kid inside you all!!

hahahahaha yeah it can be sometimes! I worked at TRU from 1999-2004 & I have to say Christmas time was the worst. Fortunately, I made good friends with a lot of people & we still hang out to this day. That made things much more bearable.

The first job I was ever interviewed for was at TRU. Back then, 17 year old me made the mistake of saying I like to buy toys when I was asked by the interviewer. Didn't get the job. I think they screen people for that.

But I bounced back and got a job at Target after that. Never scalped anything though. This was before the internet and ebay was around to tell anyone what was "hot" at the time.

When I eventually worked my way up to supervisor (or world leader as it was called back then), I would ask what the prospective employee was interested in collecting during the interview, but it wasn't a deal breaker if he / she did as long as it didn't interfere with making sure customers were able to get what they were looking for.

• 1 month later...

I enjoyed my brief working at Toys R Us. For the most part. The worst I could say is that they constantly had me out in the cold gathering shopping carts. They also got on my case for stocking a couple of items in the wrong place despite me getting all the other stuff stocked right

I first worked there for I think the 2003 holiday season as a cashier. They let me go after, but a couple years later they hired me again for the holiday season but this time kept me afterward and had me running the electronics/video games section. I stayed there for a few years before moving on to a better job. Most of the people I worked with were fun to be around so it wasn't such a bad experience for me. Probably the only annoying thing is that they always push us to sell those warranties and railed us if we didn't sell enough.

The big question is how many are scalpers?...

Don't care. If there are THAT many scalpers out there, then we need to re-evaluate OUR stands. @loll@ Scalpers are not out to take our jobs, just an easy buck, right? No, they work harder in the wrong direction. They do it for a hobby (or a lack of self-confidence)..YES . However we WORK and try to buy for own needs.

Everyone try to keep up. ..If you can.