Travel Channel Renews Second Season Of 'Toy Hunter'

Wheeljack35

http://enewsi.com/television/191-23351.html

Following the success of the premiere season of Travel Channel's original series "Toy Hunter," the Network has greenlit production for second season. In addition to re-upping a second 13-episode season of "Toy Hunter," six additional new episodes have been added to the current run of the hit show - including a holiday special to air in December.

The second season of "Toy Hunter," scheduled to premiere in 2013, will continue to follow acclaimed toy and collectible expert Jordan Hembrough as he travels across the country searching for the most sought after pieces. Throughout the new season, Hembrough will continue his quest to convince reluctant sellers, abate budgets and avoid the unforeseen roadblocks as he tracks down the holy grail of vintage toys and collectibles.

The six new episodes being added to the current freshman run will feature Hembrough in Atlanta, Boston, Houston, New York, Phoenix, Tampa and Maryland (holiday special), where he continues to rummage through cramped attics and forgotten collections on the hunt for his next big find.

He was here in the Tampa area?

I'm torn like so much wet t-paper on these "reality shows". I like the exposure that the toyz are getting, its cool to see other collectors share the same passion that I have for our childhood memories. But do they have to make all of them look f-ing crazy & nerdy? On some occasions I commend the Toy Hunter (maybe it should be Toy Guy, Toy man, Toy boy, Toy finder, Toy Whisperer, Toy Pirate, Toy Gouger, Hunter is just too hurtful after losing Steve Irwin but it would make good TV to see Jordan get stung a few times by some Stingrays? okay maybe justa Scorpion or maybe bitten by a Gila Monster for the season finale?) for his tenacity, we've all been there, staring an overpricing Peter in the face trying to barter old school style but he still thinks hes got gold for his broken faded paint non-MOC bounty, but still we either come to an agreement or use the walk away tactic (which works about fitee % of the times), when I gets it for a good price I always channel Hannibal from the A-team, lighting up my imaginary Stogie w/my S eating grin. Yes I know being buried by stuff is bad and cleanliness is next to Dogliness but cmon. Let a Collector collect. Crom bless the friends who think their collector buddies are steps away from keeping their P in a jar & may never get laid again, but I had to kinda sorta agree with the Robot Guy, if I was making more monees I would definitely buy more toys haha. People collect matchboxes. STD's and belly buddon lint (I've seent it) and I know it's compelling TV to normies I guess to show the mania involved with collecting. I sorta feel bad for some of the dudes selling to Toy Hunter for less than what they want but also grimace when I hear the appraisers overprice some of the stuff(collection interv) and the dudes that sell their most prized possessions (Godzilla guy &T-formers guy) for cash that they are prolly going to buy other toys with or hand over to their families who don't appreciate the sacrifice of finding these treasured items(I feel bad for them), half the fun is the hunt, but maybe they'll hunt em again? who knows, but its koolio to see the spotlight on more than just comix and baseball cards for once. Then again on my hunts through g-sales and swap meets everyone seems to think their old broken missing box and accessories toys are gold now. Either way I'll keep collecting till the day I'm carted off against my will to a rest home, looney bin, cardboard box behind the circle K or to join Crom or that other great big collector in the sky? Also I've been exposed to other toys I've never even seen before like the old Lord of the Rings figs those were kool and I dig that............tongue.gif