Bumblebee up the Ying Yang

Wheeljack35

I am so tired of going into a store and hitting the Transformer section to only see a slew of Bumblebees.Hasbro does this to them selves they fill shipments of figures nobody wants and clog the shelves..Then because they are clogged then nothing gets ordered then they feel the line isn't selling then we are screwed

The same can be said about the Star Wars figures the fill the pegs with Phantom Menace crap and we in turn get screwed out of figures

It doesn't help when the average employee won't take the extra figures to the back and swap them for the other figures in the lines

Sorry I had to vent..

Its not going to change anytime soon though...

Two things have to happen

Hasbro must stop putting in Bumblebees into the shipments and the employees need to wake up and rotate the stock

But only if your a collector you know this and some stores don't want to put collectors in the Toy Dept to work

Hasbro must stop putting in Bumblebees into the shipments and the employees need to wake up and rotate the stock

But only if your a collector you know this and some stores don't want to put collectors in the Toy Dept to work

Its a double edge sword... An employee that knows the hobby will scalp the hell out of the department...

Toy companies will always give you the old line about how they want to make sure cases are filled with the well known characters so that the kids can get their hands on them. Unfortunately that's complete BS because those figures sit around anyway while the rest of the ones that people want are short packed, then scalped, then the fan can't own one without paying out the @$$. (See any character from Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters that isn't Batman). It happens all the time, yest companies still give you that same old line. Either they don't really know their product, or it's just a lie.

How about....just to experiment....everyone gets EQUALLY distributed? Just once.

Its a double edge sword... An employee that knows the hobby will scalp the hell out of the department...

Not all....I did for a bit and never scalped

Toy companies will always give you the old line about how they want to make sure cases are filled with the well known characters so that the kids can get their hands on them. Unfortunately that's complete BS because those figures sit around anyway while the rest of the ones that people want are short packed, then scalped, then the fan can't own one without paying out the @$$. (See any character from Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters that isn't Batman). It happens all the time, yest companies still give you that same old line. Either they don't really know their product, or it's just a lie.

How about....just to experiment....everyone gets EQUALLY distributed? Just once.

They used to do that back in the day

They used to do that back in the day

I know. And the figures people wanted were available to them. I'll never understand why that can't still be the case.

Not all....I did for a bit and never scalped

I am glad to hear there is still honest people around...

This is my though of why there is so much Bumblebee's out still and only mine and I could be wrong but. I remember back in 1984 Bumblebee was 1 of the most famous characters on the cartoon almost everyone like him Optimus,Soundwave and Starscream. But when Hasbro did Bumblebee he was so hard to fine even my mom and dad at the time couldn't fine him for me. So my though is Hasbro thanks Bumblebee is still everyones favorite of today and they figure send he is a fan favorite they got to make alot of Bumblebee's in any kind of way. I don't think so. To me the only Bumblebee that I have ever like was the G1 Bumblebee these other Bumblebee's don't act like the G1 that I grown up with. To this day I haven't bought any other Bumblebee but the G1 Bumblebee from his red verison to his Prenter Classic to his Action Master verison or his Goldbug verison and I don't plan of getting any other Bumblebee.

• 3 weeks later...

Part of the reason modern toy lines have so many of the same characters are because retailers essentially demand them to.

the retailers don't know what they want because the shelves are either overflowing with one character or there is nothing on the pegs

Hear hear, Wheeljack35. I'm exactly the same. Way too many Bumblebees are kicking around. You'd think Hasbro and retailers would realize this, and stop making and ordering so many...

We all know that retailers try to market to tikes 1st and us older tikes last (concerning non-adult toyz). & Bumblebee in all his incarnation seems to always bee the kid of the group, kinda of the young turk trying to prove himself to the older vets? and kids maybe identify w/him better? So the stores and marketers (much to the chagrin of actual toy engineers and design teams) put him out adnauseam, confusing & frustrating us in the struggle to (Crom forbid) collect a complete line.......I'm an infrequent TF collector and even I get tired of seeing him everywhere.....