Sign in to follow this  
Jin Saotome

Movie Masters Robin, Azrael, and TMNT SlashRobin John Blake is Gotham's newest protector and needed a new look now that he quit the force. This movie

*Spoiler alert if you haven't seen Batman The Dark Knight Rises yet!*

Robin John Blake is Gotham's newest protector and needed a new look now that he quit the force. This movie masters style design is something I came up with for his transition into a crime fighter. New sculpted mask and hair give him a more rugged look and the red/black outfit (sans yellow) was one of my favorite color schemes for Robin in the comic. I used the GCPD Blake head, Spiderman New Goblin 6" body, and various fodder parts to create him. A taster nightstick, riot shield, arm-mounted grappler, and bo-staff round out his weaponry. His red scarf-cape is removable and he turned out to be extremely articulated, able to do all sorts of martial arts poses.

More pics here---> Robin

RobinMov_007.JPG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

While I was really hoping Azrael would appear to fight Bane in the Dark Knight Rises film it never happened...but that doesn't mean he can't have a figure! Here's a movie-style custom of Azrael in a design I figured might play into the ninja-ish League of Shadows theme. He was made from a Marvel legends Hand Ninja, DC Universe Azrael spine cowl, some cape, and lower hands from a RediKai figure. His flaming blades can be removed and replaced with taser whips or the Spear of Destiny passed down through the Order of Saint Dumas.

More pics here---> Azrael

AzraelMov_001.JPG

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Slash is one mean turtle from Dimension X and one of my favorite TMNT characters next to Chrome Dome and Armaggon. I had to do his justice in the new 2012 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles line so I went to work. His base body is a Leonardo figure with sculpted mouth, claws, back shell fins, and belt. I carved him a ridged carapace to differentiate him from the other turtles and squinty eyes, a style I preferred for his comic art instead of the large yellow one. His kneepad spikes are steel nails! A bo-spear, saw sword, and chain mace gave him a nice array of weapons to battle the turtles with and a detailed paint job befitting of a snapping turtle.

More pics here---> Slash

Slash_001.JPG

• Like 3

All of it great work man! I love the slash too! I've been seeing more and more of these popping up lately, I really hope the make a slash in this line since he seems to be so popular. Again, awesome work man!

nice work as always!

but John Blake can dress up in any costume he wants and still not have what it takes to be Batman, let alone any superhero. Bet his inept GCPD training gets him shot in the face as soon as the Joker or any other freak blows into town.

awesome work as always. robin and slash are perfect but i have my issues with azrael. the use of the body is great but i dont really like the hands. i hope you dont take this the wrong way because i mean no harm :-) since we are in a more real world, i cant really see these hands in a movie. looks more comic like.