DC & Batman Unlimited series 2 images

yojoebro82

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=241&itemid=19025

(Is this ANOTHER name chage for the line...?)

Anyway, this line looks pretty sharp actually. I don't know if I need any of them in my collection but I like the obscure Batman from the Batman RIP storyline and the DK Returns Bats looks good.

Hey, maybe since Mattel is going Bat-happy we'll get a Dick Grayson Batman! I'd actually go for that one.

Not at all interested in the DC Unlimited Nu universe crap, but that Batman line is looking like a winner. The Dark Knight Returns Batman has been something I've wanted for a long time, and Zur En Arrh Batman makes me hopeful for a Dick Grayson Batman (and Damian Wayne Robin).

I preordered DKR Batman. I was so excited when I saw it. That is exactly what I wanted to do, get a MOTUC Bow or one of the other MOTUC with that body type and customize it into a DKR Batman using parts from the DCD figure. Now, hopefully anyone who wants one can buy one. I wish they'd put that out right now and skip the earlier waves lol.

I preordered Wonder Woman, too. So what if it's DCnU. It looks like an all new pretty female sculpt, and we don't get a lot of those anymore. The Planet X and Unlimited stuff looks cool and neat, too, even though I'm in no hurry to get them.

Dick Grayson Batman with a Damien included like Bat Mite would be awesome. They could just sculpt a cowl over the Nightwing head, and make the other new needed parts like the belt and gauntlets and use a Nightwing slimmer body.

I preordered Wonder Woman, too. So what if it's DCnU. It looks like an all new pretty female sculpt, and we don't get a lot of those anymore.

Dick Grayson Batman with a Damien included like Bat Mite would be awesome. They could just sculpt a cowl over the Nightwing head, and make the other new needed parts like the belt and gauntlets and use a Nightwing slimmer body.

I would get a WW in the outfit she wore in the J Michael Strczynski run but it appears that look will be one of those things that time will end up forgetting about.

I think you're wishing for too much with Damian being included with a Dick Batman. Not unless you're counting on the price doubling. Ideally Dick would be a slimmer Batman than Bruce however, this is the company that gave Tim Drake Red Robin the same bulky sculpt as all Superman and Batman figures. I'm sure they wouldn't do anything more than the standard DCUC buck with a new belt and gauntlets, which COULD be OK if done right. I'd still like to see them try.

I don't know, maybe. A Damien that wouldn't be too different from something like Bat Mite or the Tin figure that's supposed to come with Platinum. There's no way I expect them to include a super articulated figure with all new tooling and sculpting as an accessory. I think they did have the first appearance Batman that they put in the Legacy series on a slimmer body than most other Batmans, so it's at least possible that they could get it right. I know what you mean though, I've seen pictures of the Red Robin where it looks like he's towering over the DCnU Superman and Batman.

Love the Planet X batman, though I will say this.... why are there not other figures... to many Batmen.... @loll@

Draven

I agree there are plenty of other characters besides extra Batmen that I would prefer in this line, especially since Mattel will be using the same body for the majority of them. If this was supposed to be the kid & mom friendly retail line, why is DKR Batman and Zur En Arrh Batman ok to sell at retail? What I'm really asking is why Poison Ivy isn't ok to sell at retail?

Also it's worth noting that even if Mattel described it as Planet-X Batman, it isn't. Planet-X Batman was an alien. The Tattered cape and baseball bat make it pretty clear that this is Grant Morrison's Zur-En-Arrh Batman.

Hey look! You can buy Batmite! And comes with a cruddy Batman as an accessory!

Actually I have give a bit of kudos to them for actually using some new designs. And of course they're going to call him Planet X Batman. Calling him Batman of Zur-En-Arrh will just confuse the hell out of the kiddies and their parents.

• Like 1

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/bbts-sponsor-news-dc-batman-unlimited-mattel-wave-02-listed

I'm probably going to be in the minority here, but personally speaking I CANNOT WAIT for a "Batman from Planet X" figure!

THANK YOU, MATTEL!!

Oh...there's also a "Dark Knight Returns" Batman (looks like he's made from a MOTUC body), a New 52 Wonder Woman, and an "Injustice League Batman" (no clue...).

Injustice Batman: Yeesh! I don't know what the Hell an "Injustice Batman" is but this thing looks over-designed, unnecessary, and just plain ugly!

NuDC Wonder Woman: I'm not a fan of the Nu52 or whatever it's called at this point and I hate just about all of Jim Lee's dated, overly noodled designs, but this is actually a nice figure. Still she goes into that new but blossoming category of "These things are almost twenty bucks. Do I really need it?"

Dark Knight Batman: Ugh! Here's proof that not every art style and look translates well into an appealing action figure! The Dark Knight is best left on the comic page!

Planet X Batman: Dang! I would've been all over this one except .... 1) That battle-damaged ratty cape and 2) That ugly expression on his face. And are those stitches across his head? Is this thing based on something other than the Brave & the Bold episode?

• Like 1

Planet X Batman: Dang! I would've been all over this one except .... 1) That battle-damaged ratty cape and 2) That ugly expression on his face. And are those stitches across his head? Is this thing based on something other than the Brave & the Bold episode?

Yes, it is based on the Batman: RIP story by Grant Morrison, and the proper name is "Zur-En-Arrh" Batman.

Yes, it is based on the Batman: RIP story by Grant Morrison, and the proper name is "Zur-En-Arrh" Batman.

It took me a couple of reads to understand it, but that's actually a pretty good Batman story and the reason for that costume being so outlandish is explained pretty well. If the DCUC retail line is going to be all about Batman and Superman, then I have no problem with figures like this.

Still she goes into that new but blossoming category of "These things are almost twenty bucks. Do I really need it?"

This is the question I ask myself of ALL 6" figures now, not just DC.

I also ask it of 3 3/4" figures only substitute "almost twenty" for "over ten".

Still she goes into that new but blossoming category of "These things are almost twenty bucks. Do I really need it?"

This is the question I ask myself of ALL 6" figures now, not just DC.

I also ask it of 3 3/4" figures only substitute "almost twenty" for "over ten".

Ain't that the truth!?!

Injustice Batman: Yeesh! I don't know what the Hell an "Injustice Batman" is but this thing looks over-designed, unnecessary, and just plain ugly!

Injustice Batman might be a necessary figure since it is from the new fighting game made by the folks who makes the Mortal Kombat games - Not sure surprised that the costume is overly designed considering that the MK teams loves to over-design their characters.

http://www.injustice.com/#home/0

Injustice Batman might be a necessary figure since it is from the new fighting game made by the folks who makes the Mortal Kombat games - Not sure surprised that the costume is overly designed considering that the MK teams loves to over-design their characters.

http://www.injustice.com/#home/0

Yeah, Marvel folks got a bunch of added padding, zippers, armor, etc in the last Ultimate alliance video game too. Spandex is just "out", guys. Someone still has to explain to me about armor on Superman, though...