Sign in to follow this  
Wheeljack35

Sony Pictures Animation Closes Deal For 'ALF' The Movie

http://enewsi.com/movies/190-23113.html

Hide your cats because ALF is back! THR is reporting that Sony Pictures Animation has closed a deal to acquire rights to the classic 1980s sitcom ALF and will develop the property into a hybrid CG/live action feature.

The project is being developed by the same team of Jordan Kerner who took the 1980s Saturday morning cartoon The Smurfs and helped turn it into a hybrid blockbuster franchise. Kerner is working with the show creators Tom Patchett and puppeteer Paul Fusco. Fusco voiced the title character on the show and is expected reprise his role for the movie. Currently, no writer or director are attached.

The movie project was originally shown as a TV series that aired for 102 episodes from 1986 to 1990. 'ALF stands for alien life form, and the '80s sitcom centered on a friendly furry alien creature (a puppet) who crash landed on Earth and took up with the Tanners, a suburban family. ALF, whose name was later revealed as Gordon Shumway, is sarcastic and has an appetite for cats. He courts trouble with government forces that are on his tail.'

wow...never in a million years did i expect to see an ALF movie. i'd go see it. i loved the sitcom and the cartoon as a kid, i also ejoyed the new smurfs movie. i use to have one of the ALF pupets from Burger King back in the day. it was one of the best fast food sales gimmicks ever.

seems like Hollywood is revamping everything 80s they can get their hands on Gijoe,Highlander,Red Dawn, Batttle Star galactica ETC

Yup, I'd love to see an Alf movie. I've got some of the DVD's and they are just fun to watch! I will still laugh out loud sometimes, so yeah, I am down for Alf!

Project ALF sucked...

ALF is nothing without Willie Tanner as a foil...ALF is nothing without Max Wright

Yeah Project ALF was a let down, I just kept thinking "Where's Willy? And Kate?" Screw it, I would have taken Jake Ockmonic, but there was no one there. I'm sure if they do this, there will be a Max Wright cameo. I wonder if it would be a continuation of the continuity, or if it would be all new, with ALF landing on someone elses' garage.

Please keep Mathew Broderick away from this, for some reason, I see him being the guy whose house he lands on.

This is one reboot or continuation of a 80's staple I will gladly go see. Moreso since The people involved in creating and "performing" Alf are going to be involved. Sign me up!

Not sure if anyone has this or cares, but it looks like they have all the Alf episodes available for streaming on Hulu Plus for anyone else out there that has it. I watched a few over the weekend, including when Alf hosted the Tonight Show.