Cool News...

Nguyen_Dragon

That is cool to hear. I would LOVE some Mortal Kombat figures, but what I've see on the shelves doesn't really look all that great. They seem kind of... dated? Like they are something I would see back in the late 90's. They just don't look like fun figures right now.

That is cool to hear. I would LOVE some Mortal Kombat figures, but what I've see on the shelves doesn't really look all that great. They seem kind of... dated? Like they are something I would see back in the late 90's. They just don't look like fun figures right now.

The ones out now sucks... Hopefully with David Vonner on board that will change...

sounds good but then again the current MK line sounded good and look how that turned out

that's only because they hired a mediocre sculptor/sculptors and have poor articulation/figure design. if they would have paid to hire one or two really good sculptors and a better figure design, the MK line would have sold like candy at a fat kid convention. not to mention the retail price for the current MK line is $17+ each. WAAAAYYY over priced for low quality action figures. when are they going to learn...you got to spend money to make money. we aren't mindless consumers, (at least not all of us) we want quality!

• Like 1

sounds good but then again the current MK line sounded good and look how that turned out

that's only because they hired a mediocre sculptor/sculptors and have poor articulation/figure design. if they would have paid to hire one or two really good sculptors and a better figure design, the MK line would have sold like candy at a fat kid convention. not to mention the retail price for the current MK line is $17+ each. WAAAAYYY over priced for low quality action figures. when are they going to learn...you got to spend money to make money. we aren't mindless consumers, (at least not all of us) we want quality!

Yeah they need to rethink how the MK figures are being handled. I want more video game based action figures, but I don't want them to suck. Plus the price is too high for what you get. I forgot they were so much, I just look them over and say "no" before I even look at the price tag.

Because Mortal Kombat is based on a fighting game, you need figures with double jointed elbows and knees and shoulder articulation to let them move their arms forwards and backwards at the shoulder. You also need ab crunches like DCUC. With all that articulation then you can successfully recreate awesome MK moves and fatalities. Think of the Bullseye body, but with unique sculpts for each character. That's the only plus I'll give to the new MK line, there were a lot of unique sculpts you won't find in other toy lines.

They did hire a great sculptor for the previous MK line - they turned out great. They hired one of the McFarlane sculptors to do the MK figures after wave 1 - this was the line before the current one.

i was ok with wave one but i will totally skip wave 2. thats just a joke. i cant even do a better paintjob with something that isnt even sculpted in a good way. these are really bad. makes wave one look like masterworks. did anyone see kano?? brown hair?? really?? i thought warner had to approove these things first. no wonder they cant get a movie done if they approove things like this. it totally looks like an animated style of the characters in the game somehow. i allready had that feeling in wave one with the bigger hands. i skipped the ninja 4pack because of the horrible faces to. i still got shao khan though.

• 3 weeks later...

so today i got my shao khan and damn what a mess. the body is sort of ok. i love wave 1 of these and i am ok with the more cartoony look of them but the facesculpt of khan..... it looks like he is about to cry. what the heck? facesculpt is the one thing you have to nail or the rest of the figure isnt even worth watching it. i will try to repaint it but i cant do wonders either. i will get the 3 3/4 shoa khan to but only because of the diorama. i havent seen a pic of the figure yet but i doubt it will be good.