Young Justice Miss Martian/Superboy 2-pack Pre-Order

Wheeljack35

I agree with what you're saying Grunt, but his pitch is kind of weird. Lots of toylines have figures that were sculpted but never make it to production. But now they have this "opportunity" to sell you figures at twice retail price. Low production run is why, ok, whatever. I do think though that it's cool that they're making an effort to get figures of these characters to people, even if it is at boutique or custom prices.

• Like 1

This is ridiculous on mattel's part. I love his commentary on superbly, "this is the outfit he wears 90% of the time". No kidding. Maybe you morons should have led with that one. Saying that I am still going to bite on this. I only paid 10 bucks for all the others and with figures costing close to $20 now. I will bite the bullet and then be done with mattel.

He mentioned how retailers didn't have interest in the YJ line. Maybe had they not been priced $20 per figure forcing them do deep mark downs in order to sell any.....Yeah, if I were a retailer, I don't think I'd have ordered anymore either.

• Like 1

Considering how retailers can discount them for $10 and still make a profit. There's a $30 profit for Mattel there.

Will I bite it and spend $50 on just 2 figures with no base? Hell No!

Considering how retailers can discount them for $10 and still make a profit. There's a $30 profit for Mattel there.

Working in retail I can tell you thats not necessarily true. 90% Of the items we clearance we loose money on (at my job anyways). Some items the MFG will take back for a partial credit but most items are just lost money. Usually it's more profitable to take a small loss on the old product (to get different salable things out) then to leave the old non selling things there.

However I do agree with you about Mattel, they have been fleecing me for awhile now...

Working in retail I can tell you thats not necessarily true. 90% Of the items we clearance we loose money on (at my job anyways). Some items the MFG will take back for a partial credit but most items are just lost money. Usually it's more profitable to take a small loss on the old product (to get different salable things out) then to leave the old non selling things there.

However I do agree with you about Mattel, they have been fleecing me for awhile now...

Im not going to defend mattels price at all, but they do have to pay for storage and crew to ship and pack these items instead of just shipping them off to brick and mortar stores.

If they can do it for $20 i can't imaging a 2 pack being $50, they' should've cut it at 30.

This is one of those things that I would like to have but I'm not sure. For the figures sans bases its kinda expensive. Although the other YJ figures cost a bit at least they had bases and since I found all but Batman in stores I didn't have to worry about shipping.

However when you tack shipping on-top of the existing kinda high price it makes it a pass for many people. I want the figures, but I am growing tired of Mattel's shenanigans.

Thanks for the insight. Still, the way I see it, Mattel profits more when they sell their toys directly and not through retail.

I just can't justify the high price tag. Perhaps the Mattel execs are willing to take a cut? Oh, also try to cancel some toy lines that's not too appealing like the Evergreen Batman series.

• 3 weeks later...