Retaliation on Clearance

Wheeljack35

My wal-mart also has a lot of marvel on clearance too, including a silver samurai /wolverine two pack (that could be a nice bludgeon as a joe villian custom....) and the avengers mech (which could again be good joe custom fodder)

yup.. clearanced them here too. they only got 2 cases of figures and put them out late. so nobody bought them.. and also the motorcycles and masks and swords

Since they remodeled my Walmart over a year ago they toy dept was condensed downand treated like the neglected stepchild

They have no Joes,Transformers,Star Wars..I mean wtf is going on?

I've seen wal-marts without joes but never without TFs or SW! geeze thsoe are the two big action figures. That manager have a hard on against Hasbro?

Since they remodeled my Walmart over a year ago they toy dept was condensed downand treated like the neglected stepchild

They have no Joes,Transformers,Star Wars..I mean wtf is going on?

I've seen wal-marts without joes but never without TFs or SW! geeze thsoe are the two big action figures. That manager have a hard on against Hasbro?

One Transformers Prime Bumblebee and a few Phantom Menace figures

• 2 weeks later...

Well they have been clearanced all around here. Walmarts around me never got anything more than the figures and the bikes, and the figures sold fast. Toys R Us has completely removed Joe from the action figure aisle here. Targets had quite a bit, even up until the resent reset. One Target still had a bit of everything (figures, 3 packs, vehicles, etc) but all of that gone now except for a couple figures hanging out on an endcap with Marvel, SW and Spiderman figures. Maybe we'll se a slight re-emergence for the Christmas reset, but I doubt we'll really see anything until the Spring reset in Febuary/March.

Wal-Mart locally only got one case of Retaliation figures in and the rest were motorcycles and roleplay which mine clearanced out. Even K-Mart clearanced out their section of Joes. Most of the same and they had put back a broken and returned Zartan and Cobra Trooper to the shelf.

I meant to mention it. I was blue lighting it 3 weeks back and our local K-mart (local is 8 miles in the other direction) clearanced all the Joe Retreation stuff. I snagged up the repainted Water Moccasin for 9$, the figs were still 7 so I grabbed the last red ninja they had and the people rejoiced.....usually that K-mart is a bizzarro-mart, when you guys mention (last time was ROC stuff) clearance I go there and see full price and our K-marts prices are usually marked up 2bux more than most places, still cheaper than CVS or Walgreens (damn hafta have some green to buy joes there). Oh and I stopped by the closest TRU (still 9.99 for Joes whattabahgain?)and they still had the unwanted assortment of POC and Renegades Joes, some helpful hunter did stash the only Airtight they had left (and as I already collected him) I left him there (yup I wanna big pat on the back for that one). *fade away* as I'm standing there my GF is engaging me in convo, true to man-form I'm not listening to what her kid wants for Xmas, as I ponder the mystery of collecting madness, now I could use a boxed 30th Airtight but I already have one opened, do I really need yet another toy lying around in a box in my closet to calm the passing mania that is my collecting bug? when outta the blue "Skalpy" (patron saint of Toy Scalping) appears (he's got a high pitched Mickey mouse voice) he resembles an MLB mascot and looks like some 5 oclock shadowy Jerkoff in a black leather duster with an $ symbol on his chest......well Skalpy tole me to buy and sell but I hadda argue that there are childrens out there who want to buy that Airtight ata price that ensures that one day they'll be able to afford college, or that there's a guy out there like me (I'm a guy like me) who's missing Airtight in his collection and that hole in his soul desperately needs to own Kurt Schnurr like Michael owned Tito......So I left him there along w/Skalpy.....#WTF#

• Like 1