Jinx topping out around $30.00

RobbieDigital

I've been noticing that Jinx is topping out around 30 bucks since the SDCC has come and gone......she's the cheapest exclusive on the secondary market from what I remember....she fell pretty quickly after the HTS sale. I'm just wondering if there just wasn't the "Want" for this character....or are fans finally taking a stand and not paying ridiculous second market prices for the exclusives? Even Shockwave seems to be going for under $100......did no one REALLY want either of these? If "Retaliation" had come out on time do you think there would have been more of an market for her? (Jinx)

I was lucky enough to get a hookup from a friend over on the marvelousnews forums.. so I didn't have to go to ebay.

But Jinx on that classic card was a figure that I definitely wanted for my collection.. just like Zarana from last year.. if you don't get these figures, there is a huge hole in your 25th collection.

However, before I received them from my buddy.. I had already decided to go to ebay to buy her with a ceiling of about 30 bucks.

that's why I don't have Footloose and Dialtone from the club.. I am not will to pay those prices

I guess that's a somewhat reasonable price for an exclusive, which is nice becasue Jinx is a great figure and it would be great if everyone that wants one can get one. Why is it relatively low? I don't know. I do hope that you're right and that people are starting to put their foot down on paying outrageous prices (that will ultimately benefit those of us who WON'T) but I don't think we're quite there yet.

I think a couple of factors are probably lowering this one. She has a mainline release next year, several folks could just repaint her, she also has a the FSS version coming for those willing to pay big prices, she also hits the 2ndary market at the same time that the collectors club store returns, she doesn't have the new wrist articulation, her red version isn't completely accurate, and the white version is mostly made up and the head has already been cast and can be found for a decent price. All that said I love the figs and have one of each on the way to me. The white will probably stay in package, but I can't resist pulling out the red one and putting her on the shelf.

Slaughter also has wrestling fans after him, and that really jacks up the demand. Hasbro doesn't own the rights to use slaughter, and initially had promised to do so but could not work out a deal with WWE/ whatever toy company they are using now (it's not JAKKS anymore is it? ) the part Bruce WIllis is playing int he new movie was originaly written with Slaughter in mind and despite Remis wanting to do it, he doesn't own the rights themselves and it could not be worked out so they switched out and went with Willis as the original Joe. (this was revealed recently in an interview with Remis, the man who used Slaughter as his wrestling persona.

• 1 month later...

As for me, I have no Chad only Crom and occasionally Zul, looks like Jinx has upped her ante, most are starting at 35-40$ w/out shipping, so much for buying her on the cheap. I think I'll buy some sculpting putty and attach boobs on to one of my gi joe Retreation (used to be Retaliation, its my in-joke amongst me myself and my imaginary half Peyton Manning half Michael Vick superfriend who feels the need to throw footballs to everyone on the field as well as in the stands) Red-Ninjas (incidentally I must be special I bought the red ninja almost a year before the movie is sposed to come out).........

Man, I wish Zarana would top out at around $30! I'm glad Jinx is affordable for those who couldn't get her. Kind of debating picking up MU Masters of Evil on ebay if they stay under $40