GI Joe Club Exclusive...

Nguyen_Dragon

...and of course, it's still sold out. Sending the message to toy companies and retailers: "Charge us anything, we'll still pay!"

By the end of tonight, MOTU fans may or may not get Ram Man. Well, I'll never get Footloose, and I guess I can live with that. Whether it's Mattel or my beloved GI Joe, subscription figures are where I draw the line.

I like the idea of Footloose being produced but not so much the looks of him. He's just missing that something special? He's missing that slacker attitude and Californiaesk flair? Yes I know its easy to arm chair and play critic. But lately the whole exclusive thing has turned me off to collecting joes. I want to be a completist but prices and availability are frustrating, if you have to be there on a crossroads on the summer solstice at midnight to purchase and hope your window refreshes in time its a little troubling so I hafta to let go and let Crom. I just want the fig (any ethclusive) for a reasonable price and reasonable distributing arena? is that too much to ask for especially since 90% of my toy monees in the last 8 years has been dedicated to Joes. I don't want an handshake or an award just a reasonable conglomerate of commerce in which to purchase my lil plastic men and women and the over 40$ price tags are killin this small time charlie. Many thanx to the Club for making him though and Dialtone was kool too......

I really wanted Footloose.. I think he looks great and is an important part of any 25th collection. However, I wasn't willing to pay the price to get him. Sometimes you have to step back from your collecting ideals and look at something from a more objective point of view.. 40+ for a Joe is stupid!

so I'll never have him unless I come upon one by trade .. and I am okay with that

so what is this?? when did hasbro put up a sub for gijoe? is that allready over? never heard of it and wow these prices are nuts. i was never a fan of exclusives and this once again prooves that it sucks to be a collector. in the end you have to put a lot on one figure just to complete your collection. i wont get any of them because those are crazy prices.

Yeah, paying the secondary market price is pretty bad. But the actually club price of $25 A figure isn't too bad. These are characters that Hasbro has basically stated they have no interest in making, so the club is picking up the slack.

so what is this?? when did hasbro put up a sub for gijoe? is that allready over? never heard of it and wow these prices are nuts. i was never a fan of exclusives and this once again prooves that it sucks to be a collector. in the end you have to put a lot on one figure just to complete your collection. i wont get any of them because those are crazy prices.

you can still prescribe now to that sub. These are pre-orders for people who only want a single.

• 2 weeks later...

Still haven't decided to get this...still got a couple days to decide...

I know man.. I want to get it, but too expensive. I am interviewing for a new job tomorrow. If I got the new job, I would probably go ahead and order it, but it's not likely that I will know until the sub option is over.

argh

That is nuts... I think this whole club exclusive is getting out of hand...

I definitely agree. POC and the 30th figures were amazing, but the number of exclusives at SDCC, through the collectors club, and now the sub service really have just left me done with collecting G.I. Joe figures. If Hasbro gets a decent line back in stores at some point, ok, but I'm pretty sure the last special/ exclusive item I ordered with the 2009 SDCC Destro set. I think I've bought one G.I. Joe this year (the movie trooper).

I almost pulled the trigger.. but I really only wanted 2 figures for sure.. maybe 3 of them.. 4 tops. and I am not a member so I would have had to sign up. (of course then I would have got Footloose)

but I couldn't justify paying 350+ just for a handful of figures I want... could have probably made back the money by selling all the ones I don't want, but I didn't want to risk it (there might be alot of people trying to sell these on ebay) and I am sure the only ones that will go for anything are the ones I would want to keep.

I can see Big Boa going for 150ish, Covergirl around there too.

I almost pulled the trigger.. but I really only wanted 2 figures for sure.. maybe 3 of them.. 4 tops. and I am not a member so I would have had to sign up. (of course then I would have got Footloose)

but I couldn't justify paying 350+ just for a handful of figures I want... could have probably made back the money by selling all the ones I don't want, but I didn't want to risk it (there might be alot of people trying to sell these on ebay) and I am sure the only ones that will go for anything are the ones I would want to keep.

Big Boa is a nice figure but anyone who would pay in the neighborhood of $150 for it is just crazy or has money to burn IMO.

could have probably made back the money by selling all the ones I don't want, but I didn't want to risk it (there might be alot of people trying to sell these on ebay)

Unfortunately that's what's on the minds of EVERYONE who signs up for a figure sub, "Man, there's a lot of guys in here that I really don't want but I NEED the ______ figure, well, I guess I can sell the others on ebay". Problem is everyone else is thinking the same thing, usually about the same figures, and by the time you're done paying fees, you're lucky if you made your money back.

It's one of the reasons I'll never sign up for a sub. That, and the sky-high cost, of course.

If they just had 13 solid figs that were out of the park, I think I would be in. But I only really want maybe 4 of em & I don't wanna pay 50 per pre-order or Ebay (jeez remember Dialtone? last I saw he was over 150$). I'm still trying to figure out a fair trade to barter for an SDCC Jinx....

Big Boa is a nice figure but anyone who would pay in the neighborhood of $150 for it is just crazy or has money to burn IMO.

have you seen what Dialtone and Footloose are going for? and those were the free club membership figures.... err wait.. maybe the loose versions were the free ones, and the carded ones were only at the con. But yeah, the carded ones go for that much.

of course, since everybody had an easy shot to get these if they were willing to pay, maybe they won't go for that much.

but my point was, I really only wanted Big Boa, Covergirl, and maybe Topside and/or TNT. I wasn't interested in any of the rest. But I am thinking that is probably what alot of people feel too. So Big Boa and Covergirl will be expensive, and the rest will be cheap

but you are right. anyone that would pay 150 for a recent figure that would normally be 10 bucks, is crazy, or has lots of money and they don't care.

could have probably made back the money by selling all the ones I don't want, but I didn't want to risk it (there might be alot of people trying to sell these on ebay)

Unfortunately that's what's on the minds of EVERYONE who signs up for a figure sub, "Man, there's a lot of guys in here that I really don't want but I NEED the ______ figure, well, I guess I can sell the others on ebay". Problem is everyone else is thinking the same thing, usually about the same figures, and by the time you're done paying fees, you're lucky if you made your money back.

It's one of the reasons I'll never sign up for a sub. That, and the sky-high cost, of course.

right right. Now I am glad I didn't take the risk. There probably will be a ton of the extras on ebay of the less desirable figures

I don't get why they chose so many bad figures. They said that they made the list based on fan polls... but I don't know many people that had this set as their most-wanted