Tippi Hedren: ‘Hitchcock was a dangerous deviant’

Wheeljack35

http://blog.sfgate.com/dailydish/2012/08/03/tippi-hedren-%E2%80%98hitchcock-was-a-dangerous-deviant%E2%80%99/

Actress Tippi Hedren has exposed her “The Birds” and “Marnie” director Alfred Hitchcock as a “dangerous deviant” who “ruined” her career in a shocking new HBO panel discussion held to promote upcoming biopic “The Girl.”

The actress, who is portrayed by Sienna Miller in the new film, held nothing back as she recalled the time she spent with the movie mogul behind some of Hollywood’s top thrillers.

Hedren told film executives and fans, “We are dealing with a brain here that was an unusual genius, and evil, and deviant, almost to the point of dangerous, because of the effect that he could have on people that were totally unsuspecting.”

“The Girl” supports Hedren’s claims that Hitchcock attempted to steal a kiss from his leading lady on the set of “The Birds,” and then put her in harm’s way by insisting she work with live birds for several days.

The actress said, “He ruined my career but he didn’t ruin my life. If this had happened today I would be a very rich woman.”

Miller, who joined Hedren for the discussion, added, “I think it’s a very different world for women in film today than it was for women then.”

“The Girl” will debut on HBO later this year. Actor Toby Jones will play Hitchcock.

Did someone get an actor decapitated by a helicopter? Yikes!

I always liked his movies! Two of his movies, Rear Window & Vertigo, are two of my faves!

I always liked his movies! Two of his movies, Rear Window & Vertigo, are two of my faves!

That happened in Twilight Zone the Movie.

Vic Morrow and two kids were killed.

What do you mean? I didn't see anything in there about a name? The link is the same thing posted in the first part of the topic...

I'm wondering how he ruined her career??

That happened in Twilight Zone the Movie.

Vic Morrow and two kids were killed.

Twilight Zone the movie

What does that have to do with this?

What do you mean? I didn't see anything in there about a name? The link is the same thing posted in the first part of the topic...

I'm wondering how he ruined her career??

At the bottom in the comment section. Second page,I believe.

Oh I see what you mean... yea, that doesn't make sense. She hated it, but named her daughter after the character? Makes sense...